Obituary    I always found The Young Ones to be extremely funny.

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you've never watched "Bottom," then you've not seen some of Rik's best stuff. Great slapstick comedy.

I very much enjoyed The Young Ones and The Comic Strip. I even enjoyed Drop Dead Fred.

And then there's his World Cup anthem too! It kicks ass, quite frankly!

http://youtu.be/oMAFme1hBH0

There was a Christmas episode of Bottom that makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it.

I seem to recall that Rik had had some sort of serious mishap in years past that put him in a coma for a while. Was very glad that he pulled through that one, but not for the long term, it seems. Sad news.

Apparently he had a quad bike accident in '98, but pulled through.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

ClarkKent_DC posted a discussion

R.I.P. Tom Palmer

A sad announcement on legendary comics inker…See More
15 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"Jeff of Earth-J said: ...... some photos of the guy playing Dream but he didn't look…"
31 minutes ago
Captain Comics posted discussions
1 hour ago
Randy Jackson replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Superhuman Characters who Can Split into multiple versions of themselves or multiple physical people
"Eclipso,  The Spectre and Composite Superman are good  Captain Marvel(Xam) doesn't…"
2 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Superhuman Characters who Merge Together
"Sounds like Robby Reed belongs on the list of characters who split. The others are good and will be…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"While we're waiting for Tracy to catch up, why not read today's Superheroes Every Day…"
2 hours ago
Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Superhuman Characters who Merge Together
"Vanguard's exact nature hasn't been clarified far as I know.  The composite form…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Eric L. Sofer's discussion Are any new books worth it?
"Okay, Eric, specifically for you... THE MARVELS by Kurt Busiek and Yildiray Cinar. 12 issues,…"
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A Weird War Circus Tale! "
3 hours ago
Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) replied to Eric L. Sofer's discussion Are any new books worth it?
"I don't buy monthly books anymore, so I can't help. But welcome back!"
3 hours ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Superhuman Characters who Can Split into multiple versions of themselves or multiple physical people
"Hmmm... What about Captain Marvel? No, not him - the "SPLIT!" Captain Marvel. Eclipso…"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service