RIP Dagwan

Many of you remember Dagwan from the old boards. Brian as he was known by those who shopped at his comic shop. Brian passed away sometime earlier this morning or late last night. I do not know the exact details as I just received word. Please keep his daughter in your thoughts and prayers during this time.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had not stopped hoping we might see him again some day. God bless him. May he rest in peace.

• Wow, that is just too sad. I liked him quite a bit. He was always a ray of positivity on the board. He will truly be missed. My heart goes out to him and his family.

• Sad to hear.  Brian was a good guy.  Rest in peace.

• Sincere condolences to his family and to those here that knew him.

• Very sad news. I also had hoped he might still return to the board someday. And I kept looking for an excuse to visit his shop, but my travels never took me close enough. Too late now.

• That's really sad.  Like others, I'd always hoped he'd come back.  RIP Brian.

• That's very sad to hear. He was a comics fan who achieved the dream -- opening his own store! I remember one thread that began as a "What would you do if -- ?" game that somehow turned into a running gag about going to buy comics at Dagwan's comics shop.

I appreciated his perspective as a business owner; his observations were informed with inside knowledge that made them very instructive. And like Travis says, he was a ray of positivity here. He will be missed.

Rest in peace, Legionnaire.

• He tweeted that he wasn't feeling well and drove himself to the ER. He kept tweeting while he was there.
  • I will miss this man.  I have been away from here far too long, but my favorite running joke was that "Dagwan and I are the same person, though we live in different states and have never met."

https://captaincomics.ning.com/forum/topics/the-new-board?commentId=...

RIP Brian.

• He continued being a ray of positivity on Twitter and I also saw his regular comments at The Beat.  I'm going to miss chatting with him on Twitter, and getting his insights on comics. He was a wonderful guy, and I'm so glad to have known him, even distantly.

This reply was deleted.