Several years ago my mother rescued a cat that had been abandoned by her owners. She was expecting and we kept one of her kittens. Because of the way she could climb on seemingly anything we called her Spidercat.

Yesterday while she was happily sleeping in my front yard, a dog came into the yard, grabbed her in its mouth, and ran off with her.

Sadly this was the only picture I could find of her. A picture of Spidercat and her kitten, Felix, asleep on my couch. Spidercat is the one laying by the jar of cat treats.

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are crafty SOBs. Can climb fences and do all sorts of things you wouldn't expect.

The coyotes, especially with the drought in California, are getting bolder and going into neighborhoods now. What with the coyotes, the crazy drivers and the tasty engine coolant it's better to keep them inside. We had one hit by a car years ago and ever since I've gotten them as kittens and never let them out. If they never go out they don't try to go out and are very happy. Small dogs (or maybe even all dogs) have the same vulnerabilities.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Jeff of Earth-J said: I wish I'd've thought of this years ago rather than waiting for…"
7 minutes ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Conan license yanked from Marvel Comics
"I haven’t read many Trav, but what I read I liked. I recently bought the omnibus, which is in…"
46 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUES #38-39: If I am going to willingly suspend my sense of disbelief, this is how vampires must…"
57 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tarzan Comic Books & Comic Strips
"TARZAN: THE NEW ADVENTURES: Haven't read this yet (just bought it today), but, man, am I…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2: About three years ago, while reading the 100-Page Crisis on Infinite Earths…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"All of their parents should be slapped. "
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I had a telephone hearing for my Social Security Disability Benefits today and the lawyer is almost…"
5 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I knew one named Crystal Cleer."
6 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"People make a lot of John Constantine's resemblance to Sting, but nobody notes that in his…"
6 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Bork from The Power Company had a Neal Adams pedigree! "
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Terry Moore - The SiP-verse
""When Annie Graham's lifeless body washes up Venice beach, the nation mourns the loss of…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Yes, and although it is occurring in tandem with the Crisis on Infinite Earths, it is not the…"
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service