I read the FCBD issue 0 of Secret Wars but have not read issue 1 yet. The review on IGN gave #1 an 8.5, not too shabby. I'm looking forward to this event and a lot of the tie-in minis. Though my wallet is not.

#0 was decent but was a prelude with just a little bit of insight of what's to come.

I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread since we've got on for Convergence.

I put "Spoilers" in the thread title, so you've been warned!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good idea, Jason! Marvel doesn't "do" review copies, so I can't be the overbearing guy here that I was on Convergence!

Incidentally, my LCS ran out of the FCBD "All-New Avengers" before I got there. Is that connected to Secret Wars? Is it necessary?

• It's a preview of the team post secret wars. So necessary to Secret Wars, no. It was a good story and it's by Mark Waid so you can't go wrong there.

Really not sure if FCBD Secret Wars was necessary but being a completist I picked it up and read it.
  • Being the crazy person I am, I picked up a few variants as well. I bought the regular cover as my "reader copy" which was a actually a nice cover and on sturdy material. Sturdier than the two variants which were just the normal paper. I picked up the Amanda Conner variant featuring Spidey, MJ, Gwen and Black Cat. I also picked up the action figure variant.

This reply was deleted.