Smallville's Return?

Please tell me that Smallville was pre-empted last night for some reason. I turned it on only to find WGN in Chicago was showing a Vampire Diaries episode. They ran a scroll saying "This week's Smallville episode will run at this time next week." Which brings up the question: What will happen with next week's episode?

Is this a CW change or a WGN change? I'm hoping the former, because my chances of chasing Smallville all over WGN's schedule are not good. They've done this before over the years, usually to show a Bull's game instead, and I sometimes find it, but not always, because it might be on in the middle of the night that night or some random time over the coming weekend or some other hard-to-find slot.

If I end up missing one of the final Smallville episodes, I will not be a happy Mr. Silver Age. OTOH, why would WGN randomly throw in a VD episode when they had to know Smallville viewers were lining up (and no VD viewers would know this was on.)

-- MSA

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Craig:

It was the CW's doing, to save the new episode for next week to make the network more competitive in the February Sweeps rating contest.

• Whew! I hoped that was the case. It was the only thing that really made sense, but WGN is such a maverick that I could see something else going on and I was going to be a week late to the party. Chicago's PBS station is like that, often running high-profile series weeks late or in a different hour on the same night. If nothing else, I know that just because TV Guide says PBS is running a show at a certain time, I can't be sure it will run then here. And I have had to chase Smallville around the WGN schedule when the Bulls are on.

If nothing else, I was concerned because the CW lined up new episodes for this week and next early enough to print synopses in TV Guide. You'd think "sweeps" would be something that wouldn't be a last-minute thought.

Thanks for allaying my fears, Lee! I'll see you around here next week.

-- MSA

This reply was deleted.