Replies

• ...3-D ones are the latter ??? :-)
  • Why do you ask, Clark?  Thinking of starting an 'In depth discussion'?

I for one would love to see you pick a topic or series and lead a little discussion on it.

All your posts are just responses here and there, but you obviously love comics and think plenty about them, so perhaps it's time to share on a more structured basis...

Am I right that you work in the newspaper industry?  Perhaps writing for us would be too much like a busman's holiday?

...And this question should have been posted in Questions, Suggestions and Requests.

Hee hee! :-)

• Alexandra Kitty said:

I think, and I am absolutely no authority, but if I write it on the Internet it must be true, that General Comics Discussions is more light-hearted fun and In Depth Comics Discussions is, like, thinking cap stuff, which is why I avoid it...no homework for me...

It's thinking like that that got superhero comics where they are today...
  • I use the In Depth category when I am focusing on a specific title, issue or theme, usually under my "Fan of Bronze" heading. Plus it makes it easier to find the fraggin' things again! ;-)

• Figserello said:

Why do you ask, Clark?  Thinking of starting an 'In depth discussion'?

I for one would love to see you pick a topic or series and lead a little discussion on it.

All your posts are just responses here and there, but you obviously love comics and think plenty about them, so perhaps it's time to share on a more structured basis...

Am I right that you work in the newspaper industry?  Perhaps writing for us would be too much like a busman's holiday?

...And this question should have been posted in Questions, Suggestions and Requests.

Hee hee! :-)

Yes, indeed, I was thinking about starting an "in-depth comics discussion," although it isn't an analysis of a particular title, issue, or theme -- it's about a particular business practice. That question answered, I now know where to place it. Thanks, all!

And, yes, I do work in the newspaper industry and have for more years than I want to realize. I thought that was common knowledge, but I guess not. Maybe it's time to start another one of those "how I started reading comics" threads .... 

• I use in depth if I'm doing a reading projet like my Avengers: The Initiative project. My goal was to reread the whole series and go into detail with it. My hope was others would read along and go deep too. Which is what happened.

I tend to post about current titles in the general discussions board. It's not that we can't go deep with that. I use it more as a "hey, did you read ____? It's awesome check it out" and somone else could right "yeah, I read it. It rocked. What do you think will happen next?" and so on. More of a thread of speculation and getting the word out about the series. It could go deep but my thinking is it's a current title and I for one am more eager to see where it's going. Plus it's something I could drop if it goes in a direction I don't like. Now if it's canceled or comes to an end then one day I may want to re-read it and post a complete thought on it, then I'd use indepth discussion. Views may vary on this though. I'm kinda tired so I may be rambling for all I know.

• Plus it makes it easier to find the fraggin' things again! ;-)

This is probably the main reason we have a seperate sub-forum.  Easier to pick up the thread again several weeks/months later.

it isn't an analysis of a particular title, issue, or theme -- it's about a particular business practice.

Well, have a think about posting on 'a particular title, issue, or theme'.  I'm sure it'd be worth a read.

• Plus it makes it easier to find the fraggin' things again! ;-)

I just do a search for threads I have started since they are few and far between. Of course my Comic A Day thread is usually near the top anyways.

• I use in depth if I'm doing a reading projet like my Avengers: The Initiative project. My goal was to reread the whole series and go into detail with it. My hope was others would read along and go deep too. Which is what happened.

Thanks. I've been doing this for the last month or two, and wondered if it might be a good idea to re-post the reviews here as well.  (The more discussion the merrier... provided it isn't just an entire message board of "fans" who enjhoy tearing a certain comics creator's work to shreads in every single post they write.)

This reply was deleted.