Stan Lee elder abuse?

As various news outlets have reported,  there have been unfortunate developments in 95-year old Stan Lee's life lately. 

To start with undisputed facts,  Stan has been fighting a persistent case of pneumonia, and has dropped out of public sight.  He has also reported to the Beverly Hills Police that at least two massive unauthorized withdrawals - of a seven figure amount - were made - stolen - from his account. 

Recently, his long-time caretaker/manager, Max Anderson, was fired by his daughter.  There are now " s/he said " interpretations of the situation coming from different camps damning or defending Anderson...and,  taking this into " not for the kiddies "/PG-13 territory, claims of " inappropriate behavior " both by and against Stan involving female nursing personnel.  I have drawn from ComicBook.com and Bleeding Cool as well as a lengthy article in the English tabloid the Daily Mail in assembling this. TMZ and Fox News apparently put their fingers in this pie as well,  but I havn't checked them out. 

Stan apparently remains incommunicado at this point. Sadly, one remembers Casey Kasem and Mickey Rooney's final months:-€... 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the summary, E.D. I've been following in a cursory manner, but the he said-he said had left me overcome with pained ennui.

• Here's an article from The Daily Beast: "EXCELSIOR? ‘Picked Apart by Vultures’: The Last Days of Stan Lee"

• Heartbreaking.  No one deserves this kind of thing.  I saw the video from last week which really felt like Stan was saying good-bye as if he knew the end is very near.  I've read a few articles now and I don't know what to make of his daughter.  I wish there was an easy way to get all the scammers and scumbags away from him and let him live his remaining days in peace.

• Another Article: "The Last Days of Stan Lee Are a Horror Show".

• Lee has a daughter. What's her role in all this? Why isn't she looking out for his best interests?

• From what I've read, she has a contentious relationship with the old man, and has been accused of being a spendthrift. It sounds like Stan is surrounded by people who don't have his best interests at heart.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Lee has a daughter. What's her role in all this? Why isn't she looking out for his best interests?

• What a terrible situation - to have lived such a long and interesting life and wind up like this. I pray somebody is in a position to intervene on Stan's behalf.

• What about Stan's brother, Larry Lieber?

"I pray somebody is in a position to intervene on Stan's behalf."

My wife told me yesterday that Kevin Smith has offered to let Stan live with him. I don't know how likely that is to happen (probably not very), but I would trust Kevin Smith to look after Stan's best interests.

• You would think that Marvel and/or Disney would try to help just for the publicity alone, if nothing else.

• Philip Portelli said:

You would think that Marvel and/or Disney would try to help just for the publicity alone, if nothing else.

I wouldn't. It's too messy for the company to get involved.

This reply was deleted.