Strikeforce Moritori

This series from Marvel Comics in the late 1980s was in a future earth without superheroes.

Resisting an alien invasion, candidates between 19-21 years of age could volunteer to undergo the process and receive super powers, but their life span would only be one year. Dying was marked with a marked increase in powers and abilities as the "burned out".

The series lasted about three years with a sequel mini-series.

Has anyone read this?

How would you evaluate the series?  Recommend it?

It's been recently collected in three trade books.  Does anyone have them, and would you recommend this version.

Sci Fi channel announced a TV series based upon S.M. but titled One Thousand Days...but ownership of the property was in despute.  Now, a major motion picture has been announced.

What are your thoughts on this?  All the prior info comes from Wikipedia.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I sampled a few issues recently (like within the last 10 years), but didn't find it very compelling. As a concept, it's a great idea and like the plan of it coming to TV or being made into a movie, but the comic wasn't very memorable.

• I read the first year or so back when it first came out and found it slow and entirely uninvolving. I agree with Jack - good premise, lazy, dull execution.

This reply was deleted.