Supergirl returns for Season 5 on Sunday, Oct. 6 at a new time, 9 p.m. Eastern, following Batwoman at 8.

Den of Geek offers details and speculation here: "Supergirl Season 5: Release Date, Cast, Story, Villain, and News"

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was at first disappointed that Lena’s grudge against Kara/Supergirl was apparently going to be the sub-plot of the season.

Then I was encouraged when it was dealt with so quickly (in the first episode of the season, I mean) and in such a mature fashion.

Then I was disappointed again when it turned out Lena was faking her acceptance of Kara’s apology.

I agree. Lena seemed reasonable at first. But she holds a grudge because she's a Luther? I guess we're supposed to just accept that she's genetically EVIL.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I was at first disappointed that Lena’s grudge against Kara/Supergirl was apparently going to be the sub-plot of the season.

Then I was encouraged when it was dealt with so quickly (in the first episode of the season, I mean) and in such a mature fashion.

Then I was disappointed again when it turned out Lena was faking her acceptance of Kara’s apology.

I didn't like Lena still holding a grudge, either. Especially after that heartfelt confession and apology Kara gave. Melissa Benoist, once again, really sold Kara's earnestness and sincerity. 

I wasn't happy that Lena still didn't forgive Kara. I don't buy genetic evil. I guess she's not quite sane.

I'm not wild about her new haircut and I HATE the new costume.

Melisa Benoist plays Chronic in the Bluntman & Chronic movie-within a movie of Jay & Silent Bob Reboot, and I much prefer her costume in that one.

It's official.  The Superman and Lois spinoff that's been rumored since last year, is now in development.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/superman-and-lois-series-tyler-hoe...

There are non-compete clauses in media in Tennessee -- my BIL at a news station dealt with one -- so they exist and they apparently are enforceable. (I imagine no one's ever challenged one, as no one has the financial wherewithal to have a court battle with a network affiliate. But I don't really know.) Anyway, as CK said, you can't apply new contract terms on an employee until, you know, they sign a new contract. You can't apply them to an employee still working under his old contract. 

*shrug* Hardly the worst sin against journalism this show has committed.

Anyway, I'm OK with the new suit, although I did like all the red in the old one. They make a good point about not dressing her, as one character said, "like a cheerleader." Even though I had no problem seeing Benoist's legs every episode, because I am male. But I lean in favor of the pants for the gravitas they bring.

I do not like what I learned from a V/O bump by Melissa, though, who pronounced her name Buh-NOYST. Agh! Not at all how I thought it was pronounced!

Has the universality of the phantom zone projector/punishment already been established in the comics? I was surprised, watching the show, when it was incorporated into Martian culture. Did I miss some dialogue that explained this?

It was new to me, too.

But I was distracted. Sean Astin looking old had me feeling 150 years old. 

Is Leviathan on this show the same as the one in current comics?

I don't know yet. Does anyone else?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service