Replies

• I've already DVR'ed for the Dracula-fest tonite, and I'm looking forward to Mummymania in a couple of weeks!
  • I'm looking forward to the lesser known, non-series fare that I have never seen - Plague of the Zombies, Reptiles etc
  • I've got the Reptile on DVD -- somewhere around here I've got a piece of original art inspired by the movie that I bout at Wizard World Philly some years ago -- and then had to buy the movie on DVD to see the movie that inspired it!

Plague of the Zombies is set to record on the Tivo, along with The Gorgon. Last night we got Dracula Has Risen from the Grave and the Tom Selleck witch movie.

I think next week has Psychomania playing late at night. It's a truly awful movie about an (eventually) undead biker gang -- but there are some hilariously bad moments -- particularly a burial scene where the main character is buried sitting upright on his motorcycle, while one of his friends sings some awful ballad about him.
  • I've got all of the Hammer Frankenstein and Dracula films on DVD or VHS, but I've never even seen any of the Hammmer Mummies.
  • Jeff of Earth-J said:
    I've got all of the Hammer Frankenstein and Dracula films on DVD or VHS, but I've never even seen any of the Hammmer Mummies.

I believe I've only see the first one, but I recall thinking that it was a worthy successor to the Universal original (without being in any sense a remake). It has a particularly good ending.
  • Oh, man, I'm about an hour in to Daughters of Satan (the 1972 Tom Selleck movie I mentioned above) and it's a hoot. It plays out exactly like a story in House of Mystery come to life.

Plus: Did you know witches' knives are consecrated with salt, vinegar, and skunk pee? Well, now you do!
  • Set my DVR to record all four Hammer Mummy movies on Friday night. So far I've watched The Mummy (1959) and The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (1964). Thanks to Bill for posting this heads up in the first place or I would've missed 'em!
  • Never seen any Hammer horror pictures - for some reason, they weren't in the rotation on Creature Double Feature back in the day, which is where I saw all the Universal ones.
  • I watched The Mummy on Friday as it was being broadcast. Without a doubt, it is the best Mummy movie I had ever seen. Better than Karloff's even.
  • www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,2034975,00.html

Hammer Films: Back from the dead!

This reply was deleted.