Tennant and Tate to Return to Doctor Who for 60th Anniversary Celebration

Story

To repeat what I said elsewhere:

"I have no beef with Tennant and Tate. My main concern is that Gatwa - and whoever his new companion(s) will be- deserve a chance to establish themselves without being overshadowed by old fan favorites returning. I note that RTD very carefully (and coyly) doesn't outright say that it's going to be a "multi-Doctor" story. I wouldn't be astonished if there's a swerve there."

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I've heard, Doctor # 14's debut is supposed to also serve as the series' 60th anniversary episode and be part of the BBC's 100th anniversary celebration, counting from when they first started radio broadcasts.

My guess would be that the guest stars help the new Doctor get his footing post regeneration and then 14 starts solo adventuring and gains companion(s) with the next episode, which will probably be counted as the first installment of his first season.

Besides, 13 is supposed to finale with a showdown against the Master and hopefully explain the whole "Timeless Child" scenario too, so 14 might be starting off with more post regen trauma than first suspected, similar to Peter Davison's beginning in Castrovalva.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Captain Comics replied to The Baron's discussion The World War Two Super-Hero Story That I Would Tell If I Could Use Any Characters I Wanted
"I suppose you've already considered 1940s characters not from Marvel or DC. But maybe…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The comic title Space Family Robinson started in 1962. Although I never bought the title, I…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I quoted the "No Wire Hangers" line to my wife soon after we were married. It made her…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Oh, yeah. I remember that now. ISSUE #80: The story begins with Swamp Thing and Abby arranging…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion A Smithsonian Book of Comic-Book Comics
""But the single drawing he is (or was) most famous for was the depiction of 'Lena the…"
4 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"How about I follow a milestone issue like "Superman #200" with "Superboy #100"…"
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
""NO WIRE HANGERS!!!""
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"EDITING..."
6 hours ago
Tracy of Moon-T replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
""GOLDEN AGE" FIND!: When I went to my LCS today, the owner pulled out a box of his most…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Ultraman Tiga
"Yikes! It's been four months since we stopped watching Ultraman (Tiga). Now that TV is off the…"
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service