Discuss all things music here!

If you're stuck in 1997 like me, the new Third Eye Blind cd came out today. It's available for download on Amazon.com for $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Ursa-Major/dp/B002LFRXFC/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?..."

If you're a fan of the band, this is not a bad album. It's more than worth $3.99.

Views: 4525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going Through My CD Collection:

Pure 80's #1s -  Various artists.  The soundtrack of the brief period in time when I thought I was cool.  (I wasn't cool, but I thought I was!)

Sounds of the Eighties - Big 80's - More of the same.

Best of Communism -  Odd little collection of old Red marching songs - they all seem to be mostly in Hungarian. Interesting as a curiosity. 

Glden Throats 2: More Celecrity Oddities -Various oddities. Some bizarre, some hysterical.  Includes track form Shatner, Nimoy, Senator Sam Ervin, Phyllis Diller, Mitch Miller and the Gang and Cassius Clay!

World - The Greatest Songs Ever -  Various artists.  Entertaining collection of "world" music.  My favorite track is "Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte.

Cover the World -  Various artists.  Groups from around the world cover various pop songs, like a Catalan groups cover of "Walk on the Wild Side" or the Nenes (Okinawan folkies) covering "No Woman, No Cry".  Fun stuff.

O Mickey, Where Are Thou? - Bluegrass covers of various Disney songs. Also quite fun.

The Royal Wedding - The Official Album -  Interesting from a cultural viewpoint.  Sounds surprisingly like the soundtrack to a Star Wars movie, actually.

Tribal Songs of the American Indian - Also interesting from a cultural viewpoint.

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds - This is an old favorite of mine. Well worth a listen if you get a chance.

Back to Titanic - I know someone bought this for me, but I've no idea who. Never seen the movie. The music's OK.

Christmas Around the World - Various artists.  Christmas music sung by groups from around the world. My favorite track is a Barbadian steel drum verison of "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen".

Christmas With Bing Crosby, Nat "King" Cole, Dean Martin - Just what it says. Fun stuff.

Maybe This Christmas - Various artists. More fun stuff. My favorite track is Jack Johnson's cover of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", in which he adds a verse where Rudolph tells the other reindeer off at the end.

Maybe This Christmas Too - Various artists. More of the same.

Maybe This Christmas Tree - Various  artists. Still more of the same.

Now That's What I Call Christmas! Various artists.  A two disc set. Lots of Christmas standards.

Now That's What I Call Christmas - The Signature Collection - Yet another two disc set.

A Very Special Christmas 5 - To paraphrase the late George Carlin, "We've got Christmas music out the a***!"

The Baron said:

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds - This is an old favorite of mine. Well worth a listen if you get a chance.

I saw a concert version of it on a PBS station pledge week special a couple of years ago. I was tremendously impressed with it, but I still have yet to purchase a copy of it. I have been trying to get my school's drama department to put it on, though.

Have A Fun Christmas -  A two disc set, heavy on the Christmas-themed novelty songs. A fun listen.

A Looney Tunes Sing-A-Long Christmas - Meh. No one but Mel Blanc ever did those voices right, IMO.

A Charlie Brown Christmas -  Vince Guaraldi. Classic stuff..

40 Years - A Charlie Brown Christmas - Various artists. Covers of the above.

Weird for me to say it, but an interesting Donny Osmond interview.

Prince of Darkness -  Ozzy Osbourne. A four disc set covering a wide range of stuff by Ozzy. Lots of fun stuff - probably my favorite track is his cover of "Stayin' Alive", which has a deep personal resonance for me, for reasons I will not bore you with here.

That has never stopped you before! Just kidding, sir.

The Baron said:

Prince of Darkness -  Ozzy Osbourne. A four disc set covering a wide range of stuff by Ozzy. Lots of fun stuff - probably my favorite track is his cover of "Stayin' Alive", which has a deep personal resonance for me, for reasons I will not bore you with here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service