To help us appreciate comic book art I'd like to start a sort of forum game. Respond to this post with a "GIVE ME AN ARTIST!" message and I will will assign you a comic book artist.

RULES UPDATE! 

I'll list an artist and everyone who wants to join in can do so! When I list an artist, you have 24 hours to post an image before we move on to the next one. 

It doesn't matter if you don't know their work; just Google the artist and choose an image of the one you like most, and add it into this thread. Try not to repeat images someone else has posted.

I'll urge you to make comments about your post and others people have posted.

ARTISTS POSTED SO FAR:

• Mike Allred
  • June Brigman
  • John Bolton
  • Rich Buckler 
  • Ramona Fradon
  • Don Heck
  • Mikel Janin
  • Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez
  • Bob Layton
  • Steve Lightle
  • Ron Lim
  • David Lloyd
  • Tom Mandrake
  • Khoi Pham
  • Joe Stanton
  • Curt Swan
  • Lee Weeks

Views: 2233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today, let's focus on ... Ron Garney

Aside from his work on Silver Surfer, where I first encountered Ron Garney, I think his Captain America work is pretty special.

I go back and forth on Garney's work. sometimes I love it, sometimes I, uh, don't. I dig this action shot of Thor coming at ya:

Interesting image. Captain America holding a Russian assault rifle.

Iron Spidey!

from here

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Doctor Zachary Smith a medical doctor, at least in the…"
35 minutes ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"No telling who's gonna be a visitor to a hospital... even in World War II!"
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Peter Wrexham's discussion Celebrity Mastermind - "The History of DC Comics"
"The only ones whose answers didn't come to mind immediately are 5 and 9; after a bit of…"
1 hour ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Linda Lark, meet Dr Tom Brent..."
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Holy cow, Jeff, congratulations! And I'm with Tracy, too -- get a different movie pack and do…"
3 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Finished my Lord of the Rings re-watch last night with The Return of the King. I remember really…"
3 hours ago
doc photo replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"A good deal of the material from the Ditko, Kirby and Everett issues were adapted into animation…"
4 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another TV doctor"
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion The Abomination
"Makes you wonder whether someone was "helping" them for some reason."
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion The Abomination
"SILVER SURFER #12: "The hour is midnight! the time is now! the place, near Stonehenge where…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Forgot to mention... CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINAL OF LIBERTY #9: I considered buying this one because…"
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion To be... HULK-inued!
"#103: "Wha...? I'm on a narrow ledge... hundreds of feet above the ground! But how did I…"
5 hours ago

© 2023   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service