Nothing else need be said!

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a bit weird. It looks like we are going to see him jump forward in time in each issue until he reaches the present, but there are complications, too.

Just thought if you were enjoying B&R you might want to look at the tie-in.

It does look like being its own fairly self-contained beast, though. It has its own themes beyond just the development of the plot. It's going to look into both what makes Bruce tick (what is he without his modern urban/superhero context) and Gotham's long association with Bat-mythology.

But I'm glad Batman and Robin is being enjoyed by readers who would normally be wary of Grant's usual work. He can do straight-up superhero thrills when he wants to, which we're all in it for. He certainly writes Dick and Damian as uncomplicated 'get out there and do the job' types.
I'm looking forward to it, Figs -- but money's dictating that all my Morrison Batman (and most anything else) be enjoyed in trade sometime down the road. The mini's very tempting, though... It's only the possibility of it inadvertently spoiling some other Bat-comics I haven't read yet (I don't know how, but with time travel it's certainly possible) that's keeping me from buying it in singles.

By the way, you'd asked a while back if Sprouse did any DCU stuff. He was the original artist for the Legion spinoff, Legionnaires, in the 90s.That was my introduction to him, and his work was gorgeous even then.
I'd say the reading order for RoBW is after issue 12 of B&R, so keep that in mind if you are reading them in trades. There's a good build-up to it in B&R.

Although RoBW begins the very second Final Crisis ended, which is also cool. It's all building up into one huge Bat-story.
I'd say the reading order for RoBW is after issue 12 of B&R, so keep that in mind if you are reading them in trades. There's a good build-up to it in B&R.

That what I was planning. Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Publisher News

The Justice League comes to an end in 'Justice League' #75

Posted by Captain Comics on January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm 0 Comments

Joshua Williamson & Rafa Sandoval Team up for the Final Issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE out on April 19…

Continue

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service