From SDCC:

THE FLASH BRINGS TWO DC COMICS CHARACTERS TO CENTRAL CITY FOR SEASON TWO

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex) Joins the Cast as Jay Garrick and Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination) as Patty Spivot

BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2015) — Hit Super Hero action/drama The Flash (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW) is getting up to speed for season two by bringing two new characters to join The Fastest Man Alive in Central City, with both hailing from the DC Comics Universe.

Teddy Sears photo by Rainer Hosch

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex, Raising the Bar) has been cast as Jay Garrick, who is well known to comic book fans as the first DC Comics character to take on the mantle of The Flash. In the TV show, Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allen and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.

The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy.”

Shantel VanSanten photo by Smile XXVII Studios

Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination, One Tree Hill) has been set for the role of Patty Spivot. A more recent addition to The Flash’s comic book history, Patty Spivot is a police officer and science enthusiast who catches the eye of Barry Allen. Patty is obsessed with metahumans and partners with Det. Joe West this season but has no idea that her new crush is The Flash.

“We were huge fans of The Messengers and are excited to have Shantel join us to help complicate Barry Allen’s love life in season two,” said Kreisberg.

Based on the characters from DC Comics, The Flash is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series returns for season two on Tuesday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW.

Jay Garrick, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

Patty Spivot, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

THE FLASH signing photos (Sat, July 11): http://comiccon.thewb.com/the-flash-signing-3/ or https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153587427978777.1073741...

Views: 3659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember that Stan Lee always had the super-powered villains, who weren't afraid of the super-powered hero, run when the NYPD showed up. I think he was bending over backwards to show respect for the police, unlike what is done today.

Did Harry murder the Turtle? I thought he took some kind of samples from him to turn against Zoom that inadvertently killed him, not that Harry deliberately killed him through his nose. Turtle seems more useful alive than dead, so I'm going with my more benevolent perspective. For now.

I'm assuming that Joe alerts the CCPD to their captive and they are holding him until he stands trial. I guess I also have to assume that prisoners don't have a right to counsel immediately after arrest and many other things I'm not going to dive deep enough to consider. It's hard not to wonder how they *disposed* of Turtle's dead body, unless they turned it over to the morgue and say, "Hey, stuff happens."

But I have years 'n' years of training from my youth in how to not think about these things. Putting the costume back into Flash's ring! How Wally's ring turned his hair a different color! How vibrations can eliminate the weak force that holds subatomic particles together! Mopee!  I (sadly) could go on for days!

-- MSA

Mr. Silver Age said:

I'm assuming that Joe alerts the CCPD to their captive and they are holding him until he stands trial. 

Uh, no ... remember when Joe told District Attorney Danielle that he hypothetically needed to transport a half-dozen villains through town to the airport? She nearly had an aneurysm -- and then read him the riot act. 

Mr. Silver Age said:

Did Harry murder the Turtle? I thought he took some kind of samples from him to turn against Zoom that inadvertently killed him, not that Harry deliberately killed him through his nose. Turtle seems more useful alive than dead, so I'm going with my more benevolent perspective. For now.

My take is that Harrison 2 will do anything to anybody to save his daughter from Zoom. He took DNA (or brain matter?) from The Turtle to use to slow down Zoom. He thought nothing of killing him.

My read on what happened with The Turtle was that Harry experimented on him to get what he needed. And then The Turtle died. I don't think The Turtle dying was Harry's intention, but he doesn't give a gnat's fart either way.

I hope that's the case. I'd like Harry to be at least somewhat redeemable, because I want Tom Cavanaugh to stick around. The adults in the room tend to make the whole show better.

ClarkKent_DC said:

My read on what happened with The Turtle was that Harry experimented on him to get what he needed. And then The Turtle died. I don't think The Turtle dying was Harry's intention, but he doesn't give a gnat's fart either way.

A few other random things:

From the Turtle episode, not only does Patty carry a gun, but she can conceal it in a tight evening gown. I've seen a lot of concealed carry options for women (one of my freelance gigs is for a women's hunting website), but I look at that scene and just wonder... WHERE?

Also, Cisco had the line of the ep last night with "Did I just create metahuman Tinder?"

And TV Wally has already impressed me a lot more than New 52 Wally has. Probably because Keiynan Lnsdale can act circles around Brett Booth's art.

Is he really Wally West? Did Francine keep her married name? And who would name their kid "Wally"?

Not that "Tail-Lights" is better!

Not sure why Iris came to stop her brother dressed as a hooker but just imagine if Barry show her!

Finally they realize how torn up Welles is over his daughter and are going to try to rescue her. Hopefully Jay goes with them. They have to do something with him!

"And who would name their kid 'Wally'?"

Ward and June Cleaver.

I meant today! *sigh*

Seriously he's looking for street cred and respect. Can't equate that with "Wally"!

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"And who would name their kid 'Wally'?"

Ward and June Cleaver.

I won't have a chance to see this week's episode until later today, so I'm not sticking around. I just wanted to post this news flash (see what I did there?):

http://www.newsarama.com/27795-supergirl-and-flash-to-cross-over.html

-- MSA

Fantastic news!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service