From SDCC:

THE FLASH BRINGS TWO DC COMICS CHARACTERS TO CENTRAL CITY FOR SEASON TWO

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex) Joins the Cast as Jay Garrick and Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination) as Patty Spivot

BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2015) — Hit Super Hero action/drama The Flash (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW) is getting up to speed for season two by bringing two new characters to join The Fastest Man Alive in Central City, with both hailing from the DC Comics Universe.

Teddy Sears photo by Rainer Hosch

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex, Raising the Bar) has been cast as Jay Garrick, who is well known to comic book fans as the first DC Comics character to take on the mantle of The Flash. In the TV show, Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allen and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.

The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy.”

Shantel VanSanten photo by Smile XXVII Studios

Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination, One Tree Hill) has been set for the role of Patty Spivot. A more recent addition to The Flash’s comic book history, Patty Spivot is a police officer and science enthusiast who catches the eye of Barry Allen. Patty is obsessed with metahumans and partners with Det. Joe West this season but has no idea that her new crush is The Flash.

“We were huge fans of The Messengers and are excited to have Shantel join us to help complicate Barry Allen’s love life in season two,” said Kreisberg.

Based on the characters from DC Comics, The Flash is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series returns for season two on Tuesday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW.

Jay Garrick, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

Patty Spivot, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

THE FLASH signing photos (Sat, July 11): http://comiccon.thewb.com/the-flash-signing-3/ or https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153587427978777.1073741...

Views: 3658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It will be interesting to see how they set it up. I'm guessing it involves some dimensional vibrating, as nobody's mentioned Superman or Supergirl in the Flash-GA-Legends universe. Although Ollie mentioned Oracle...

-- MSA

The Silver Age Flash probably had 10-15 years on the Silver Age Supergirl (so that's kinda stuck in my head). But these two are more contemporary. Do we know their ages?

I'm guessing Supergirl is 23 or 24, but that's just a guess.

In the 50s Adventures of Superman, Clark, Lois, and Jimmy were all mentioned as being in their twenties, even though the show made Jimmy seem a lot younger than the others.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

From the Turtle episode, not only does Patty carry a gun, but she can conceal it in a tight evening gown. I've seen a lot of concealed carry options for women (one of my freelance gigs is for a women's hunting website), but I look at that scene and just wonder... WHERE?

Try not to think about it too much.

Philip Portelli said:

Not sure why Iris came to stop her brother dressed as a hooker but just imagine if Barry show her!

I think she was trying not to be recognized as "establishment." I liked Wally's line about her causing him to need therapy.

Finally they realize how torn up Welles is over his daughter and are going to try to rescue her. Hopefully Jay goes with them. They have to do something with him!

If they really think about it they may realize that he killed the Turtle.

It's Killer Frost time!

Probably the same place crazed anime women pull out giant sledgehammers bigger than they are to bash their boyfriends upside the head with, and Bugs and Daffy would pull out things like uranium-238 from considering they didn't have pockets. Look up "hammerspace."

Richard Willis said:

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

From the Turtle episode, not only does Patty carry a gun, but she can conceal it in a tight evening gown. I've seen a lot of concealed carry options for women (one of my freelance gigs is for a women's hunting website), but I look at that scene and just wonder... WHERE?

Try not to think about it too much.

Clark, Lois, and Jimmy were all mentioned as being in their twenties, even though the show made Jimmy seem a lot younger than the others.

Jim turned 21 in the early days of his series, whereas Clark was in his late 20s (later said to be 29, I think), and Lois was probably a few years younger, just by tradition. So I'd imagine they were 29-27-21. At those ages, that gap can be a lot.

I'd wondered how they were going to fit in that Killer Frost image we saw last year, and it's apparent that we're about to get her.

-- MSA

Have you noticed Reverse Flash (on Flash) and Rip Hunter (on Legends) both have a "Gideon" interface? Must be the "Siri" of the future.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Have you noticed Reverse Flash (on Flash) and Rip Hunter (on Legends) both have a "Gideon" interface? Must be the "Siri" of the future.

I think I saw a reference somewhere that Thawne and Hunter (in the comics) were relatives.

As always, SPOILERS.

The start of the Earth 2 two-parter was a return to form for the show, which both had some lighthearted fun at some doppelgangers (Deadshot in particular), and some more heartfelt moments (Barry's phone call with his mom worked especially well). 

And then there were the Easter eggs! In the passage to Earth 2, we saw Supergirl, Arrow (is he an older arrow), Flash (I've heard it was the John Wesley Shipp version, but I couldn't tell),,,and what looks like a Legion symbol??? I'm in heaven.

For those (like me!) who missed all of the Easter eggs in the passage to Earth 2, ComicBook.com has provided still pics.

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/09/the-flash-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service