From SDCC:

THE FLASH BRINGS TWO DC COMICS CHARACTERS TO CENTRAL CITY FOR SEASON TWO

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex) Joins the Cast as Jay Garrick and Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination) as Patty Spivot

BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2015) — Hit Super Hero action/drama The Flash (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW) is getting up to speed for season two by bringing two new characters to join The Fastest Man Alive in Central City, with both hailing from the DC Comics Universe.

Teddy Sears photo by Rainer Hosch

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex, Raising the Bar) has been cast as Jay Garrick, who is well known to comic book fans as the first DC Comics character to take on the mantle of The Flash. In the TV show, Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allen and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.

The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy.”

Shantel VanSanten photo by Smile XXVII Studios

Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination, One Tree Hill) has been set for the role of Patty Spivot. A more recent addition to The Flash’s comic book history, Patty Spivot is a police officer and science enthusiast who catches the eye of Barry Allen. Patty is obsessed with metahumans and partners with Det. Joe West this season but has no idea that her new crush is The Flash.

“We were huge fans of The Messengers and are excited to have Shantel join us to help complicate Barry Allen’s love life in season two,” said Kreisberg.

Based on the characters from DC Comics, The Flash is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series returns for season two on Tuesday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW.

Jay Garrick, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

Patty Spivot, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

THE FLASH signing photos (Sat, July 11): http://comiccon.thewb.com/the-flash-signing-3/ or https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153587427978777.1073741...

Views: 3734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They certainly gave us something to think about. I'll be interested in how they explain all this and have it at least make sense at a Flash level.

The only thing this show is missing is Flash's costume becoming sentient and attacking him. I expect that by season's end.

-- MSA

I haven't seen this show. Have they done the "I feel like I'm being turned into a puppet" scene yet?

Not yet, but that's one of my favorite SA covers, and I won't rule out seeing it.

This week featured two characters from Arrow crossing over to help defeat Man-Shark, the half-shark, half-man monster who escaped custody intent on killing the Flash.

Abra Kadabra would well be in keeping with the show's approach. I'd rather see him show up than Captain Boomerang.

-- MSA

I've heard that is to be the season cliffhanger.

"They certainly gave us something to think about. I'll be interested in how they explain all this and have it at least make sense at a Flash level."

In reference to the end of this week's show? Yeah, I haven't given too much thought to Zoom's identity, but I certainly never would have anticipated that.

Actually it's King Shark.

Surprisingly they haven't used Mirror Master yet. His gimmick could get them to Earth-Two, potentially!

No Top yet, either but c'mon the Top!

Mr. Silver Age said:

Not yet, but that's one of my favorite SA covers, and I won't rule out seeing it.

This week featured two characters from Arrow crossing over to help defeat Man-Shark, the half-shark, half-man monster who escaped custody intent on killing the Flash.

Abra Kadabra would well be in keeping with the show's approach. I'd rather see him show up than Captain Boomerang.

-- MSA

March 22 Episode: Didn't see that coming.

This week’s episode was pretty good. I think everybody except Barry thought time travel under his own power was a bad idea, and now we know why. (I wonder if some sort of “cosmic treadmill” might avoid the notice of the Time Wraiths…?) I really liked Cavanaugh’s performance as Wells in season one. The real Wells in season two was more abrasive, and harder to warm up to. In this episode we got to see Cavanaugh slip back into his old persona, but not for long. The real Thawne makes the real Wells look appealing.

Lots of good character moments in this one, as Barry from the present interacts with his friends from the past.

Are the time wraiths consistent with what we've been seeing in Legends of Tomorrow, which is set in the same universe?

We haven't seen them in Legends,* but presumably if Reverse-Flash knows how to time travel without activating them, the Time Masters can do it too.

*I'm two episodes behind, so it's possible I'm wrong about this. But I have a feeling I'm not.

Okay, so did I miss the part that explained why Barry doesn't remember that his future self came back to visit him? Other than that slight impossibility that negates the entire episode, I really enjoyed it, especially the scenes with Eobard. Listening to them work through the situation was great. I was starting to lose track of which time period we were in toward the end, but it was fun.

That said, if this adventure didn't warn off Barry from ever time-traveling again, I don't know what would. If nothing else, he has to admit to himself that he is fundamentally incapable of not trying to mess with the time stream and what people know.

I really like this show, even though so much of it makes absolutely no sense. I get the impression they know that too and they don't care either.

-- MSA

There was something in an earlier episode in which Barry sees another Flash wearing the newer white-background emblem. I don't think he had any interaction with him, though.

APRIL 19 EPISODE: This episode is where the Supergirl crossover occurs in Flash continuity.

I’m pleased with the revelation that Professor Zoom is really Hunter Zolomon (or rather that Jay Garrick is). “Jay Garrick” never fit smoothly into TV continuity, but now that I know Jay was Zolomon, I’m much happier about the whole thing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service