From SDCC:

THE FLASH BRINGS TWO DC COMICS CHARACTERS TO CENTRAL CITY FOR SEASON TWO

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex) Joins the Cast as Jay Garrick and Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination) as Patty Spivot

BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2015) — Hit Super Hero action/drama The Flash (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW) is getting up to speed for season two by bringing two new characters to join The Fastest Man Alive in Central City, with both hailing from the DC Comics Universe.

Teddy Sears photo by Rainer Hosch

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex, Raising the Bar) has been cast as Jay Garrick, who is well known to comic book fans as the first DC Comics character to take on the mantle of The Flash. In the TV show, Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allen and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.

The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy.”

Shantel VanSanten photo by Smile XXVII Studios

Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination, One Tree Hill) has been set for the role of Patty Spivot. A more recent addition to The Flash’s comic book history, Patty Spivot is a police officer and science enthusiast who catches the eye of Barry Allen. Patty is obsessed with metahumans and partners with Det. Joe West this season but has no idea that her new crush is The Flash.

“We were huge fans of The Messengers and are excited to have Shantel join us to help complicate Barry Allen’s love life in season two,” said Kreisberg.

Based on the characters from DC Comics, The Flash is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series returns for season two on Tuesday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW.

Jay Garrick, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

Patty Spivot, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

THE FLASH signing photos (Sat, July 11): http://comiccon.thewb.com/the-flash-signing-3/ or https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153587427978777.1073741...

Views: 3803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good new, Jeff (and everyone)! Both parts of the two-parter are being shown from 8 to 10 p.m. EST on Monday.

I really enjoyed both parts, even though I'm not that big of a fan of the reincarnating version of the Hawks. In the second half on Arrow, they really embrace the crazy. I just love when they do that and make no apologies for it.

-- MSA

Didn't notice at the time but Hawkman's wings looked very bad in Legends of the Superheroes. But then his mask looked like it was made of felt.

Mr. Silver Age said:

Good new, Jeff (and everyone)! Both parts of the two-parter are being shown from 8 to 10 p.m. EST on Monday.

Thanks for letting me know!

I just watched both parts of the story today. I'm glad I was aware it's a two-parter, because I never watch Arrow. (So sue me -- seeing a guy on screen with a bow and arrow go up against people with more powerful weapons breaks my suspension of disbelief too much. On paper, I can live with it. On screen, no.)

It was fun all the way around, but I couldn't help but feel bad for Cisco. He lost Kendra to her alleged multiple-lifetime soulmate, but I agree with him -- I didn't feel like there was a whole lot of chemistry between the prince and the priestess.

Also, seeing the ultimate confrontation with Vandal Savage, I had to wonder: Hawkman and Hawkwoman have been killed by this man 207 times over 4,000 years, and they still haven't acquired body armor that his knives can't puncture? 

Not to mention ... wasn't it pretty sloppy of everybody involved to just leave Vandal Savage's dust lying around?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"So, the hawks. I hope they look better than the one in Smallville. Worst. Wings. Ever."

No, the worst wings ever were the angel wings from Kevin Smith's Dogma. (See? You'd repressed those, hadn't you?)

Yes, I had, and now I'm having Dogma PTSD flashbacks and it's all your fault!

We watched the conclusion on Arrow last night.Y'know what I'm thinking about the guy who played Vandal Savage? With a shave and a haircut, he'd make a pretty good Negan on The Walking Dead. (I know, the role has already been cast, he really looks like the comic book Negan.)

Speaking of facial hair, why can't we have a Green Arrow on TV with the beard of the one in the comics?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Speaking of facial hair, why can't we have a Green Arrow on TV with the beard of the one in the comics?

I don't know. I'm still waiting for an Alfred in a movie or TV Batman story who has a David Niven mustache. 

Barry just got Silver St. Clouded!

Oh, Barry, you idiot.

Driving Patti away to protect her might have been a noble act if there weren't still a dozen people still in jeopardy because they ALL know Barry's the Flash.

Not to mention the numerous times Patti was in peril without knowing it.

I feel that Barry was hurt because she decided to move to Midway City without discussing it with him then made him feel that she wanted him to "beg" her to stay. He's too afraid to make that commitment. Why?

Because Iris is still there.

Barry has always made odd choices. Remember in the original comics series that after he married Iris she had to find out he was the Flash by listening to him talking in his sleep.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service