From SDCC:

THE FLASH BRINGS TWO DC COMICS CHARACTERS TO CENTRAL CITY FOR SEASON TWO

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex) Joins the Cast as Jay Garrick and Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination) as Patty Spivot

BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2015) — Hit Super Hero action/drama The Flash (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW) is getting up to speed for season two by bringing two new characters to join The Fastest Man Alive in Central City, with both hailing from the DC Comics Universe.

Teddy Sears photo by Rainer Hosch

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex, Raising the Bar) has been cast as Jay Garrick, who is well known to comic book fans as the first DC Comics character to take on the mantle of The Flash. In the TV show, Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allen and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.

The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy.”

Shantel VanSanten photo by Smile XXVII Studios

Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination, One Tree Hill) has been set for the role of Patty Spivot. A more recent addition to The Flash’s comic book history, Patty Spivot is a police officer and science enthusiast who catches the eye of Barry Allen. Patty is obsessed with metahumans and partners with Det. Joe West this season but has no idea that her new crush is The Flash.

“We were huge fans of The Messengers and are excited to have Shantel join us to help complicate Barry Allen’s love life in season two,” said Kreisberg.

Based on the characters from DC Comics, The Flash is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series returns for season two on Tuesday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW.

Jay Garrick, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

Patty Spivot, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

THE FLASH signing photos (Sat, July 11): http://comiccon.thewb.com/the-flash-signing-3/ or https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153587427978777.1073741...

Views: 3313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going to have to re-watch the last episode because my take was that the other Flash on the scene was his own earlier self who had gone back to revisit the scene of his mother's murder once before. I thought he had to wait for his earlier self to leave so as not to create a paradox.

I thought he had to wait for his earlier self to leave so as not to create a paradox.

I don't see that three Barrys on the scene is more of a paradox than two Barrys. And I would not bet much that we've seen all the Barrys who were watching, either. There are plenty more vantage points, and this series could last for many more years!

At this point, to fix the timeline that Barry has broken, he might have to dress up as the Reverse Flash, go into the past, wait for the Flash to leave, and then kill his mom! It could totally happen!

Berlanti spits in the face of time paradoxes. I loved Legends, where the heroes kept meeting themselves and giving advice, but none of their older selves seemed to remember getting that advice, thereby giving them no choice but to give it. I would've loved if in the first episode, Prof. Stein had told Jackson, "I had no choice but to roofie you! You told me I should do it!"

Something tells me the Time Wraiths are going to have their hands full on these series. 

I don't know why it doesn't bother me, but I just laugh and keep watching. In the immortal near-words of Jack Kirby: Don't Think! Just Watch It!

-- MSA

"I don't see that three Barrys on the scene is more of a paradox than two Barrys."

What I meant was not so much a time paradox as a discrepancy in his own memories. (I should have chosen my words more carefully.) IIRC, he saw something (from the POV of his earlier self), then came full circle to be that something. there weren't initially two "somethings", so my impression was he was staying out of sight until the coast was clear. I'm probably wrong though, because no one else saw it that way. I'm still very eager to find out what really did happen, and what will happen next.

I believe the original scene had then-Flash watching "himself" fighting Thawne. Then-Flash had a red chest symbol and the one fighting Thawne had the current white chest symbol. I think they continued this into the new scene. The one watching had the old red chest symbol. If there was another nuance I missed it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service