As a promotion for the movie, on Tuesday, Syfy is showing all 26 episodes of the 1966 TV series with Van Williams and Bruce Lee from 10 AM to 11 PM. I never seen any of them, just the Batman  guest appearances. I wonder if they're included? I'm going to tape some of it. Anyone else?

BTW, did you know that the original Green Hornet was the grand-nephew of the Lone Ranger and the inspiration for DC's Crimson Avenger and the Sandman?

Views: 442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's something else to think about: why does Black Beauty have a license plate? "Let's find out who has that plate registered!" It is fun to see Black Beauty rolling through the streets of Mayberry, though.

PowerBook Pete said:
Here's something else to think about: why does Black Beauty have a license plate? "Let's find out who has that plate registered!" It is fun to see Black Beauty rolling through the streets of Mayberry, though.

Hah!

Boy, they sure did shoot a lot of day-for-night, didn't they?

...I saw the TGH movie , 2 nights ago , on its last night in any San Francisco mainstream theater ( Or , likely , any . ) , at a 10:30 PM show with only one couple other than me , the only showing it was getting that day , that whole week .

It was wide-screen ( 1.44:1 sez IMDB . ) , so , in a fairly large screen within the Metreon 'plex .

The female , anyway , in the couple kept laughing .

I will say that the combination of a more up-front emphasis on the comedy angle than I thought there'd be when they were out of costume and relatively grim and a re;atively grim approach - It is made clear that the Hornet and Kato kill villians , though they story sort of turns away from pointing this out uop-fronklike - is an interesting mix .

...I wrote " relatively gim " twice above , obviously , and I can'y correct it , there is no " Correct " click-upon there :-( .

I am ring to write something only once among my various regular posting places and link to it/plug elsewhee , to save time/repitition .

This time , it's at the Asimov's Science Fiction's forum at their Movies & TV board .

http://www.asimovs.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service