The List of Superhuman Characters who Can Split into multiple versions of themselves or multiple physical people

Here's the list of Superhuman Characters who can create multiple duplicates of themselves or separate into separate beings:

The list so far:

Captain Everything (normalman) 

Composite Superman 

The Collective Man

Doctor Manhattan 

Doctor Strange

Duo Damsel/Triplicate Girl

Eclipso

Flashback (Omega Flight) 
Jamie Madrox

Multi-Man (the Impossibles) 

Multiplex

Multi-Woman (Top Ten) 
Negative Man (Larry Trainor)

The Seven Deadly Brothers 

The Silent Majority

The Spectre

Swamp Thing

The Troll
Twice (My Hero Academia) 

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Captain Kirk in "The Enemy Within"! OK, I know that doesn't count. Just wanted to join the convo.

I can't believe that we all forgot about Doctor Manhattan!

Added

Philip Portelli said:

I can't believe that we all forgot about Doctor Manhattan!

I'd forgotten about Captain Everything(normalman) . I'll add him in

Wait... Are you trolling me back by actually adding the troll???

Swamp Thing.  He rarely uses that power, but he did when he had to fight Batman in order to free Abby.

Night Man of the Ultraverse split into two during his last few months of publication.  However, it was due to one of the Infinity Gems - the reality gem, perhaps.

Superman was similarly split at least three times: in both Superman Red/Blue stories  and as a result of Lord Satannus' wizardry back in the early 1980s.

Doctor Strange has dabbled into this effect once or twice.

"Threeboot" Legion Phantom Girl seems to exist in two dimensions at once, which may be interpreted as having a split body.  However, she does not seem to have the ability to control them independently, and in any case that hasn't been kept very well in more recent histories.

I'll accept Swamp Thing and Dr. Strange. For the other three, unless it's a power that remained permanent I don't think it belongs. 

Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas said:

Swamp Thing.  He rarely uses that power, but he did when he had to fight Batman in order to free Abby.

Night Man of the Ultraverse split into two during his last few months of publication.  However, it was due to one of the Infinity Gems - the reality gem, perhaps.

Superman was similarly split at least three times: in both Superman Red/Blue stories  and as a result of Lord Satannus' wizardry back in the early 1980s.

Doctor Strange has dabbled into this effect once or twice.

"Threeboot" Legion Phantom Girl seems to exist in two dimensions at once, which may be interpreted as having a split body.  However, she does not seem to have the ability to control them independently, and in any case that hasn't been kept very well in more recent histories.

Speaking of Phantom Girl, in at least one continuity, her father turned out to be from Cargg, so she had triplication powers she wasn't aware of--this was used to "explain" that Phase from the L.E.G.I.O.N. was actually one of her other bodies, and not a temporally displaced Phantom Girl/Apparition or a lookalike ancestor (Phase's two previous backstories).  I don't recall the third body being addressed, but I always assumed that she was the one the appeared in The Terrifics.

Hmmm...

What about Captain Marvel? No, not him - the "SPLIT!" Captain Marvel.

Eclipso could manifest independently of Bruce Gordon.

Possibly the Wonder Woman Family - she DID appear more than once.

Jim Corrigan and the Spectre were shown to be separate entities at times.

The Composite Superman could triplicate himself.

I'll add any others I can think of that I didn't recall.

I remain,

Sincerely,

Eric L. Sofer

The Silver Age Fogey

x<]:o){

Eclipso,  The Spectre and Composite Superman are good 

Captain Marvel(Xam) doesn't make the list as he separated his body rather than splitting into multiple people. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"That's some good depiction of "fright" on those face."
2 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"If Roy Thomas had ever got his hands on the Steel Commando, I'll bet we would have been…"
48 minutes ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"When I was a kid, my parents would take trips to Canada to visit friends of theirs, and would bring…"
1 hour ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A Golden Age robot and, apparently,a "Golden Universe.""
2 hours ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Spider slayer mark 1"
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Looking at the stripes on the Schulz Museum site, I asked myself how I missed Crankshaft. I was…"
7 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"This one gave me a real kick. I'm adding the strip to my King Features favorites."
7 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"It was the '70s. Back then, female police officers wore skirts (albeit not miniskirts) as…"
9 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"It was the '70s. Back then, female police officers wore skirts (albeit not miniskirts) as part…"
9 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"Lady Cop sounds like something a bunch of 50 year old guys would have come up with in the…"
10 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"METAMORPHO: I never saw him as a comedic character, having never read most of his Silver Age run.…"
10 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Well, this time there WAS a place to see the entire collection, at the Charles M. Schulz Museum…"
12 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service