S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

First off, if you’re not watching The Mandelorian, it is well worth the Disney + membership alone. In fact, I think it may be the only use I’ve made of it personally, but I know that many of you are big Disney fans to begin with. Heck, even if you’re not a big fan of Disney-proper, you will most likely find yourself loving the heck out of the Marvel offerings as well. 

Okay, so far in this series, we have had a wonderful, interesting take on the characters. I know Baby Yoda (not its real name, natch) has captured the hearts of Instagram, but there is so much more going on in this series. In fact, here are some bullet points of what I have loved so far:

• Horatio Sanz as the bounty in the first episode. 
  • Brian Posehn as the driver who helped deliver Mando and his bounty. 
  • The little monkey puppet from Jabba’s palace watching a fellow creature rotating on a spit was sad, but a good touch. 
  • The IG-droid? The way it moved showed you how it would be an impressive fighter and hunter, and why it would be used that way. 
  • Getting to see the Jawas again, and getting to see them as the scrappy little scavengers they are. 
  • Nick Nolte as the kind old helper. Great character, and I hope we see more out of him soon. 
  • Werner Herzog as the holdout for the empire, trying to get his hands on Baby Yoda is just so evil, perhaps even more evil than Darth Vader was in his wicked prime. 

I am actually surprised that Mando actually took Baby Yoda back to Herzog in the first place. I figured he would be on the run as soon as he found him. But I guess we did get a nice scene with all the Mandelorians fighting the bounty hunters out of it. 

Your thoughts?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Episode 4 was very much like its own mini-movie. I thought it was interesting that the AT-ST walker was not only a thing of dread, but it almost seemed more like a droid than something that was piloted.

This reply was deleted.