Last year (or maybe two years ago...time flies) I tried to start up a reading club, trying to get everyone to read the same set of Commissioner Gordon stories along with me. It failed, and understandably so, since not everyone probably had the same issues at hand at the given time.

Well, this year, I'm taking a different route. I'm going to try each day to write about a different single issue (or maybe trade--I don't want to box myself in so early in the game) about a facial-haired comic book character. I just thought it would be fun to start a theme for the month, like I did last year with the Spooktacular Comics for October.

Feel free to chime in with your own comics if and when you feel inspired!

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is the last page (in case you were wondering what this has to do with "Movember").

Green Arrow #1-4 from 1983 is the lead-off to what is probably my favorite Green Arrow series. It is a four-issue mini-series in which gives us a great intro to the character. This is a really wonderful little combination of an origin story and a present-day tale. It includes 80's socialites, Black Canary, and Count Vertigo. But especially the first one.

It is written by the always-underrated James O’Barr, who wrote some of the best Batman stories, in my opinion, and also the Batman and the Outsiders series of about the same time period. The art here is by Trevor Von Eeden, who is one of my all-time favorite pencilers. I have always wanted a collection of his work for DC, Green Arrow would be perfect for it since, as far as I can tell, it hasn’t been collected yet.

Well-played, my friend!

Jeff of Earth-J said:

This is the last page (in case you were wondering what this has to do with "Movember").

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service