...Following in the massive footprints of the " Incomprehensible Idiot  " thread , I present...........

ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 2507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This last Sunday I, having returned to Santa Cruz after some months away...wenr not only to my LCS for the first time since the pandemic, but my first visit to a comics shop of ANY stripe since before the pandemic!!!!!!!!!!! I spent quite a bit, sixty-plus dollars (with tax?????????), plus about twenty dollars of Green Stamp-like points dependable on used books I had built up!

...The 90s John Hughes-produced/written film of DENNIS THE MENACE was yesterday's? most-watched film on Netflix, provoking an interesting piece at FORBES - which apparently thinks that the strip ended in 1994!

Hank Ketchum retired from it in 1994.

...Thank you, I found that out later. He died in 2001 or so.

I fast-checked the Wikipedia entries for Captain America and Bucky. It would appear that Marvel is not paying as much continuity attention as they once did to the question of who the Captain and Bucky of the 1945-49 period (including the All-Winners Squad) were! Wiki just refers to 2 Caps then, giving only their normal names - I recall an 80s Jim Shooter? annual that carefully set up 3 " post-War Caps ", all of them characters who were minor actual Timely heroes. I think Marvel never went beyond naming 1 Bucky for the same period, which seems a little implausible.

I also think that the original AVENGERS #4 version of Cap and Bucky's date with that plane & bomb had it happening in Newfoundland, in North America! - Not France (Newfoundland was not part of Canada then - 

I believe a " Crown Colony "?)

9 period were.

I recall the Spirit of '76 (William Naslund) becoming the second Captain America (after Steve Rogers), and the Patriot (Jeff Mace) becoming the third. Then, there was the '50s Captain America, William Burnside.

Fred Davis was the "Bucky" for Naslund and Mace, and Jack Monroe for Burnside.

When Golden Girl was Cap's sidekick, I guess Cap would have been Jeff Mace.

That is correct.

...I recalled three '45-'49 Caps being referenced in that Shooter story.

I was going by the Roy Thomas/Frank Robbins What If? issue.

Are you referring to this annual?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service