Yes, we're doing the Cappies again this year. And yes, I said I would post the thread some time next week but I had time this weekend so here it is.

Here are the rules:
There are 23 categories. Each member may nominate up to two (2) nominees for each category. You are not required to nominate two for every category. And you are not required to nominate for every category. There is only a maximum limit, not a minimum.

Comic books shall only be nominated from the calendar year of 2009. Mini-series which overlap two years are eligible (though I may reserve judgment depending on how much they actually overlap into this year). For creators, only their work in the given year should be considered.

The nominations shall be open at least one week.

And the most important rule of all: Have fun!

Here are the categories:

Best Writer
Best Artist
Most Underrated Writer
Most Underrated Artist
Best Self-Contained Story (single issue or one-shot)
Best Story Arc
Best Limited Series
Best Ongoing Series
Best Original Graphic Novel
Best Web Comic
Best Reprint or Archive
Best New Title
Most Underrated Title
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Villain
Best New Character
Best Team
Biggest Surprise
Best Cover
Best Fight Scene
Best Character Recovery
RIP Award (for Fictional Characters)

If you need to refresh your memory, the "Comics for This Week" threads are available in the blog section going back to the summer and there's a "Cappies Memory Box" thread floating around somewhere too.

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, all right, I wasn't aware of that. sometimes the comics are sold a little late in Mexico.

Chris Fluit said:
Pencho15 said:
Reprint or Archive: Absolute Watchmen

Sorry, Pencho, that doesn't qualify. It was first released in 2005. A second printing was released, but that was in 2008, not 2009.
Arrgh -- this week was busier than I expected, and I missed the nominations (I'd been planning to fill in some empty categories). Well, here's who I'd have put up there:

Best Writer: Darwyn Cooke/Richard Stark, Gail Simone
Best Artist: Darwyn Cooke, JH Williams
Most Underrated Writer: Evan Dorkin, the Jimmy Palmiotti/Justin Gray team
Must Underrated Artist: Jill Thompson, Sean Phillips
Best Self-Containes Story: Beasts of Burnen #2, Jonah Hex 50
Best Arc: Batwoman: Go
Best Limited Series: Beasts of Burden
Best Ongoing: Fables, Criminal
Best OGN: The Hunter, Scott Pilgrim vol 5
Best Webcomic: Order of the Stick
Best New Title: Beasts of Burden, The Unwritten
Best Male Character: Jonah Hex, Ragdoll
Best Feale Character: Batwoman
Best Villain: Alice (from Detective), Alkyone (from Wonder Woman)
Best Team: Beasts of Burden, Secret Six
Biggest Surprise: Alice's ID in Detective Comics
Best Cover: Air #10
Best Character Recovery: Batwoman

Sigh... time waits for no one.
Pencho15 said:
RIP Award: I was veri reluctant to nominate in here since my elected characters were killed in Blackest Night, and I think most of the heroes killed in this series will return as soon as the story arc finishes, but since there has not been a lot of people nominated in here I'm adding Hawkgirl and Tempest.

I noticed this. It seemed like a lot of people were reluctant to nominate characters killed in Blackest Night because we're not sure if they're going to stay dead. I'm glad we came up with a couple of nominees anyway. And yours are certainly welcome.
Not a problem. I'm just glad you're not mad about it.

Pencho15 said:
Oh, all right, I wasn't aware of that. sometimes the comics are sold a little late in Mexico.

Chris Fluit said:
Pencho15 said:
Reprint or Archive: Absolute Watchmen

Sorry, Pencho, that doesn't qualify. It was first released in 2005. A second printing was released, but that was in 2008, not 2009.
Sorry, Rob.
No prob, man. It's my own damn fault.

I just wanted to get my nominations out there, since I think it's some real quality stuff. My biggest regret is no Beasts of Burden #2 for best Single Issue. That book broke my heart.

(I guess Evan Dorkin for most underrated writer, too, since he's known as such a comedy guy, and this so much *wasn't*.)
Rob Staeger said:
My biggest regret is no Beasts of Burden #2 for best Single Issue. That book broke my heart.

(I guess Evan Dorkin for most underrated writer, too, since he's known as such a comedy guy, and this so much *wasn't*.)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

I just noticed that I missed these two nominations. Sorry, Jason.

Jason Marconnet (Lime_Coke) said:
For Character recovery I vote for two major characters (for now) from Avengers the Initiative
Taskmaster
Constrictor

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service