Many years ago, I taught folklore at a summer camp(we had new campers each week of different ages, from 8-15). At the time, the folklore class was pretty unstructured, so I could more or less do as I pleased. Sometimes I told ghost stories, sometimes sports games, sometimes mythology, whatever I thought might be entertaining to the kids. One of the most useful things we did was two minute mysteries, as they allowed me to be lazy.

The basic rules are as follows: a scenario is laid before the people playing, and you're allowed to ask as many yes/no questions as you like to determine the answer. The answer to the question may also be 'Irrelevant' if it has no bearing on the solution.

I request the following :

* One question per post

* If you already know the answer, please keep it to yourself and let others play. Same with Googling the answer.

Once the scenario is solved, the person who solves it gets to post a new one OR they can pass it back to someone else who's interested (FYI, I'm happy to post more).

So here's the first scenario:

A man is found dead, surrounded by 52 bicycles. What happened?

Views: 20125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the "deadline" in the archaic sense of a prison deadline?

My apologies for taking so long to answer, but I had to think about this question carefully.  The answer is no. 

JD DeLuzio said:

Did he write an obituary for someone who ended up not dying?

No. .. Good guess though. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Did he write an obituary for someone who ended up not dying?

Does the situation described involve an actual death?

Could your answer have been yes if I had phrased a question about prison deadlines differently?

Randy Jackson said:

My apologies for taking so long to answer, but I had to think about this question carefully.  The answer is no. 

JD DeLuzio said:

No

Peter Wrexham said:

Does the situation described involve an actual death?

Thinking about it some more, I realized that that particular definition may fit after all. So I'm going to change my previous answer to Yes. 

JD DeLuzio said:

Could your answer have been yes if I had phrased a question about prison deadlines differently?

Randy Jackson said:

JD DeLuzio said:

So is/was the reporter in a prison?

No, the writer was not in a prison. 

JD DeLuzio said:

So is/was the reporter in a prison?

Was the reporter in a war/militarized zone?

Was the reporter peacefully protesting near the White House?

No

JD DeLuzio said:

Was the reporter in a war/militarized zone?

Was the reporter peacefully protesting near the White House?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Lee Houston, Junior's discussion Did Go Comics GO?
"..... what will AMS do the next time this might happen? If they have any integrity, they have…"
27 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"There were the Cyclons of Battlestar Galactica (famed for their "Pong" eyes)…"
40 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I had forgotten that I had bought Blu-rays for all of the movies from Dr No to Live and Let Die*…"
1 hour ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"They are going to be remodeling all of the apartments in our complex. That includes replacing all…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Jeff of Earth-J said: Didn't they show a succession of sculpted heads, from Pleasance to Gray,…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion A Look Back at Vertigo: Shade the Changing Man
"Thanks, Mark! We'll see if I can keep it going. I read issue 4 today, by the same…"
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Lee Houston, Junior said:"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
""If he's magical, does he qualify as a robot?" I say no (but it doesn't bother…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Ligth week... very light week. QUICK STOPS #2: I was all set to make this my 'pick of the…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The Destroyer was a metal entity. If he's magical, does he qualify as a robot? I think so,…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Lee Houston, Junior said: Until his initial post Crisis On Infinite Earths return, I've only…"
2 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Until his initial post Crisis On Infinite Earths return, I've only known Brianiac as a robot…"
2 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service