Many years ago, I taught folklore at a summer camp(we had new campers each week of different ages, from 8-15). At the time, the folklore class was pretty unstructured, so I could more or less do as I pleased. Sometimes I told ghost stories, sometimes sports games, sometimes mythology, whatever I thought might be entertaining to the kids. One of the most useful things we did was two minute mysteries, as they allowed me to be lazy.

The basic rules are as follows: a scenario is laid before the people playing, and you're allowed to ask as many yes/no questions as you like to determine the answer. The answer to the question may also be 'Irrelevant' if it has no bearing on the solution.

I request the following :

* One question per post

* If you already know the answer, please keep it to yourself and let others play. Same with Googling the answer.

Once the scenario is solved, the person who solves it gets to post a new one OR they can pass it back to someone else who's interested (FYI, I'm happy to post more).

So here's the first scenario:

A man is found dead, surrounded by 52 bicycles. What happened?

Views: 20044

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the "deadline" in the archaic sense of a prison deadline?


My apologies for taking so long to answer, but I had to think about this question carefully.  The answer is no. 


JD DeLuzio said:

Is the "deadline" in the archaic sense of a prison deadline?

Did he write an obituary for someone who ended up not dying?

No. .. Good guess though. 


Jeff of Earth-J said:

Did he write an obituary for someone who ended up not dying?

Does the situation described involve an actual death?

Could your answer have been yes if I had phrased a question about prison deadlines differently?

Randy Jackson said:


My apologies for taking so long to answer, but I had to think about this question carefully.  The answer is no. 


JD DeLuzio said:

Is the "deadline" in the archaic sense of a prison deadline?

No

Peter Wrexham said:

Does the situation described involve an actual death?

Thinking about it some more, I realized that that particular definition may fit after all. So I'm going to change my previous answer to Yes. 

JD DeLuzio said:

Could your answer have been yes if I had phrased a question about prison deadlines differently?

Randy Jackson said:


My apologies for taking so long to answer, but I had to think about this question carefully.  The answer is no. 


JD DeLuzio said:

Is the "deadline" in the archaic sense of a prison deadline?

So is/was the reporter in a prison?

No, the writer was not in a prison. 

JD DeLuzio said:

So is/was the reporter in a prison?

Was the reporter in a war/militarized zone?

Was the reporter peacefully protesting near the White House?

No

JD DeLuzio said:

Was the reporter in a war/militarized zone?

Was the reporter peacefully protesting near the White House?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Sorry I'm just now getting back to this forum. Schools let out early Wednesday and two…"
15 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"For kids at this school, that would be just another normal, boring day!"
5 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I should have mentioned “from 1939”"
5 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The earliest applesauce gag? and the kids will certainly have a story to tell when they get home…"
5 hours ago
Luke Blanchard replied to Captain Comics's discussion Does anyone have James Bond DVDs or Blu-rays?
"Monty Norman wrote the score and songs for Dr No. The tune over the final credits is…"
13 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another variation"
23 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
yesterday
Fraser Sherman replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 239 Happy Thanksgiving 2022!
"And to you as well, Commander."
yesterday
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Two more versions of the "apple for the teacher" joke."
yesterday
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
yesterday
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Does anyone have James Bond DVDs or Blu-rays?
"The other night I tried to find an ebook of Casino Royale, that I could read before I order the HC…"
yesterday
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'm assuming this is a school scene, as everyone is carrying books."
yesterday

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service