I love Blackest Night, but I am tired of everyone assuming there will be a white lantern (or lanterns). It's too easy to go there--I think Geoff Johns is a better writer than that. Infact -- If there's a white lantern, I'll frickin, wear white underpants (tighty whiteys), and run down the street -- That's how positive I am that isn't going to happen. It's too predictable and he's quite good at throwing curve balls. I could see white energy from the various rings being combined, but I just don't see an actual white lantern or lanterns.

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before anyone asks, yes, I confess the pics on Newsarama aren't me. I found some pics on the internet and claimed them my own. I didn't expect to get caught but I did. Sorry, in this day and age I thought I could get away with it. It doesn't make me a bad person, just a resourceful and creative one.
Gah! Except you told us.

I had shown my nephews the pictures of "you" in your smalls and told them:

"Here is a MAN! He made a vow and then kept to his word, no matter the personal consequence or the public shame! Heed this example well, my young friends!"

Now to find I've shown my poor nephews a picture of a near-naked stranger for no reason...

*Tt*
I was able to score the remaining Blackest Night promo rings this weekend. I now have a completed set. Except for the White ring coming out soon.
Larfleeze said:
Before anyone asks, yes, I confess the pics on Newsarama aren't me. I found some pics on the internet and claimed them my own. I didn't expect to get caught but I did. Sorry, in this day and age I thought I could get away with it. It doesn't make me a bad person, just a resourceful and creative one.

I am deeply, deeply disappointed. If you can't trust a promise made on a comic book discussion board, what can you trust?

Well, as to there being no White Lantern...

Spoilers below.

Just about the opposite turned out to be true. Everyone becomes a White Lantern, albeit briefly.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

I made the bet. I'll man up and go thru with it.

(For real this time)

I just have to figure out how.

This is NOT something you ask one of your friends to document lol.

Anybody lives near socal (or will be in the area soon) and has 2 minutes, let me know.
I have to admit, the fold-out in #8 got to me in a good way...very cool.
Well, with the last issue of Blackest Night now out, I'm done. I'll see if I can get a White Lantern ring when they come out, but for the most part I'll just keep up with all this via Wikipedia.
To make up for my dishonesty (I feel worse about here than Newsarama because this place has more intelligent discussions) I'll frickin run and get slapped in the face or run buck naked to make up for my dishonesty. I very much enjoy discussing things here and want nothing hanging over my head. Forgive me please.
Larfleeze said:
To make up for my dishonesty (I feel worse about here than Newsarama because this place has more intelligent discussions) I'll frickin run and get slapped in the face or run buck naked to make up for my dishonesty. I very much enjoy discussing things here and want nothing hanging over my head. Forgive me please.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If we all stood by our predictions we'd live on a diet of hats.

And you might have difficulty posting at all if you get thrown in prison for public indecency.
But I'd have a better conscious. I'm still in shock they went with white lanterns as a copout.
Make good your bet, Larfleeze.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service