Replies

• Just like Hank Pym hitting Jan, some things are just never forgotten.
  • Well...to be fair...alcoholism, being sent back to King Arthur's court with Doom, and the current stuff Fraction is doing...those are Tony's comic highlights...
  • Uh...maybe it's Rhodey in the armour? Yeah! That's it!

(Oh. And I'd add the first "Armor Wars" to Tony's highlights.)
  • This is like every year at our 12th graders' senior banquet. After being told for more than a decade about the horrors of underage drinking, these eighteen-year-olds are congratulated for a job well done and sent out the door with a pilsner glass with their graduation year and the school logo emblazoned on it.
  • What!

Rich Lane said:
    This is like every year at our 12th graders' senior banquet. After being told for more than a decade about the horrors of underage drinking, these eighteen-year-olds are congratulated for a job well done and sent out the door with a pilsner glass with their graduation year and the school logo emblazoned on it.
  • Well, by then they aren't underage, so what's the problem?

Rich Lane said:
    This is like every year at our 12th graders' senior banquet. After being told for more than a decade about the horrors of underage drinking, these eighteen-year-olds are congratulated for a job well done and sent out the door with a pilsner glass with their graduation year and the school logo emblazoned on it.
  • ClarkKent_DC said:
    Well, by then they aren't underage, so what's the problem?

Rich Lane said:

If we're talking high school students, they're not legal to drink at 18.
  • The drinking age in PA (which I assumed was the same as the rest of the country these days) is 21. Graduates from high school are 18-19.

The Baron said:
    ClarkKent_DC said:
    Well, by then they aren't underage, so what's the problem?

Rich Lane said:

If we're talking high school students, they're not legal to drink at 18.
  • I was under the impression that drinking age was 21 nationwide.
  • Back when I was in high school, it was 21 in PA, but 18 in New York. What this meant to me and my friends was that when we turned 18, we'd hop in a car, drive the 45 minutes to the border and get wasted in the bars up in or around Jamestown.

It was probably a smart thing to standardize the age limit.

The Baron said:
    I was under the impression that drinking age was 21 nationwide.
This reply was deleted.