TOP 5

1. ALIEN INFESTATION

Aliens: Aftermath #1

Marvel Comics | $4.99

Writer: Ben Percy | Art: Dave Wachter | Cover: Phil Noto | Cover B: Ron Lim

It’s been 35 years since the tragedy of the Hadley’s Hope colony, but what happened during that ill-fated venture has been shrouded in mystery. A renegade crew of investigative journalists are heading towards the moon that Weyland-Yutani has wiped from all records, and they’ll bring back the truth even if it kills them…and what remains in that bombed-out site will try to do just that.

Captain Comics sez: Every publisher that has handled this IP has done books that ranged from pretty good to absolutely great. Marvel, I'd guess, will be on the upper end of that scale.

2. SINISTER SPIDER-EVENT

Sinister War #1 (of 4)

Marvel Comics | $4.99

Writer: Nick Spencer | Art: Mark Bagley | Bryan Hitch | Handbook variant: David Baldeon | Variant: Gary Frank | Head Shot variant: Todd Nauck | Wraparound Variant: Mark Bagley | Variant: Kael Ngu | Variant: Jeffrey Veregge | Variant: Federico Vicentini Interconnecting variant: Mark Bagley | Promotional Image: Mark Bagley

DOCTOR OCTOPUS IS BACK! AND THE SINISTER WAR HAS BEGUN!

Ock’s got a new Sinister Six and if you think he’s thought big in the past, think again. What Ock DOESN’T know is that the VULTURE has a sextet of his own: THE SAVAGE SIX! It’s an all-out WAR between two of the greatest villains in the Marvel Universe, and the only person they hate more than each other is SPIDER-MAN! Spidey’s in deep trouble with the toughest battle that he’s ever faced. Nick Spencer and Mark Bagley team up for this epic Spider-Man story guaranteed to shock readers everywhere!

CC sez: Didn't we just have a Spider-event? Well, here's another. And if the rumors are true, it will end with Parker in the hospital and Ben Reilly in the webs.

3. OF MICE AND OWLS

Mouse Guard Owlhen Caregiver #1

Archaia | $4.99

Writer/Art/Cover: David Petersen

Which of life's biggest lessons can be learned from the smallest amongst us?

A young mouse learns that compassion and kindness are the great virtues in "The Owlhen Caregiver." "Piper the Listener" finds a brave mouse venturing into wild country to learn the tongues of other beasts. And a grizzled oldfur shares the lesson of putting a whisker out too far in "The Wild Wolf.

Three poignant tales mark creator David Petersen's return to his beloved Eisner and Harvey Award-winning series in this self-contained special.

CC sez: This is such beautiful work that I can't help loving it, despite the preposterous premise, which you forget the minute you start reading. It's more fairy tale than adventure series, but  I recommend it wholeheartedly.

4. CAPTAIN COFFEE TABLE BOOK

Captain America: The First 80 Years HC

Eighty years ago, as the free world was threatened by fascism, a superhero was created to boost morale, offering a symbol of hope. Created by master storytellers Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, Captain America wore the colors of the bold red, white and blue of the American flag.

This deluxe volume explores Captain America's adventures decade by decade as he is reinvented in the 1960s by Kirby himself and Stan Lee to be a modern symbol of justice. With vintage art from the Marvel vaults and profiles of the creators behind the icon, this special tribute provides a unique guide to one of Marvel's most enduring heroes.

CC sez: It's unlikely old fans are going to learn anything new from this book, but man, it sure is purdy.

5. LEV AS WE KNOW IT

Lev Gleason Presents #1

Comic House | $9.99

Writers: Keith Champagne, Ho Che Anderson, Andrew Wheeler | Art: Felipe Cuhna, Juan Samu | Art/Cover: Stefan Tosheff

Lev Gleason's Comic House returns to super-hero publishing after 75 years with Lev Gleason Presents #1. This series jumpstarts with Silver Streak: Season 1 Issue 1 by Keith Champagne (Stranger Things) and Stefan Tosheff (Minerva's Map); Freelance: Season 2 Issue 1 by Andrew Wheeler (Wonder Woman) and Juan Samu (Black Panther); Captain Canuck: Season 5 Issue 3 by Ho Che Anderson (KING) and Felipe Cunha (Cult Classic); plus a classic archive adventure featuring the Golden Age Silver Streak! Each mega-sized issue will contain a brand-new #1 issue as well as at least two NEW 20-page stories continuing from the Comic House shared universe! Included in each issue are download codes for digital copies of each issue featured.

CC sez: I've been getting PR from "Lev Gleason-Comic House," formerly Chapterhouse Comics, for months. (Lev Gleason was, of course, a Golden Age book publisher whose comics were published under the "Comic House" trade dress.) When the promised books never arrived, I figured it was another flash-in-the-pan, despite the historic name.

But lo, the first two books and first two collections have arrived this week, according to Diamond. And while I have no idea if they're any good or not, "Lev Gleason-Comic House" does have some famous characters to play with. For one thing, they've absorbed all the Captain Canuck characters that Chapterhouse has been publishing for the last five years. (They were published by other publishers before that.) For another, Comic House seems to own, or have access to, all the Lev Gleason characters from the '40s, such as Crimebuster, the original Daredevil and Silver Streak. For yet another, the next issue of Lev Gleason Presents promises the return of the indescribably bizarre Fantomah (from Fiction House). And dare we hope Comic House will pick up archiving Crime Does Not Pay where Dark Horse left off?

So the potential is there. I honestly don't expect Comic House to rise to it, but a boy can dream. Here are the rest of the books:

Lev Gleason Presents #2

Comic House | $9.99

Writers: Keith Champagne, Ho Che Anderson, Andrew Wheeler | Art: Felipe Cuhna, Juan Samu | Art/Cover: Stefan Tosheff

"The Greatest Name in Comics" Daredevil: Season 1 Issue 1 by Kenny Porter and Iñaki Azpiazu; Freelance: Season 2 Issue 2 by Andrew Wheeler and Juan Samu; Canuck Beyond: Season 1 Issue 3 by Adrien Benson and Esteban Calvi; plus a classic archive adventure featuring the Golden Age Daredevil! Each Mega Sized Issue contains a new #1 issue as well as at least two new 20-page stories continuing from the Comic House shared universe!

Captain Canuck Season 0

Captain Canuck Vol 4: Season 4 Invasion TPB

OTHER BOOKS OF INTEREST

Barbarella #1

Dynamite | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

Writer: Sarah Hoyt | Artist: Madibek Musabekov | Cover A: Lucio Parillo | Cover B: Derrick Chew | Cover C: Brian Bolland | Cover D: Dani | Cover E: Rachel Hollon Cosplay Cover F: Blank Authentix | Cover R: Edu Menna

The Siren of Space returns for a series of all-new adventures by a dynamic new creative team! Multi-award winning author SARAH HOYT and rising star artist MADIBEK MUSABEKOV are at the controls as Barbarella leaves space dock on a new mission fraught with unseen layers of danger, duplicity and perhaps a dose of romance! Camelot is home to the rich and powerful class seeking escape from an increasingly crowded and decaying galactic empire. Desperate clandestine transmissions from an enslaved underclass bring Barbarella to investigate, uncovering secrets that lead to more secrets-and the distinct possibility that someone knew she was coming. High concept sci-fi meets the greatest aspects of the human soul in a series that will reveal wonders that both terrify and delight, plus covers by fan-favorites LUCIO PARILLO, DERRICK CHEW, BRIAN BOLLAND and more!

CC sez: Barbarella returns! The movie was idiotic, and the character likely is too, but those sure are some nice covers.

The Cimmerian: Man-Eaters of Zamboula #1

Ablaze | $3.99

Writers: Robert E. Howard, Gess | Art: Gess | Cover A: Yanick Paquette | Cover B: Moritat | Cover C: Gess | Cover D: Robin Recht | Cover E: Fritz Casas | Cover F: Blank sketch variant

The Cimmerian in the land of a thousand and one nights!

A crossroads of beliefs, languages and cultures, the mythical trading city of Zamboula is also the scene of many dark legends. Upon paying the city a visit, Conan is warned of the dangers of Aram Baksh's home. It is said that most of the foreigners who stay there disappear under obscure circumstances ... and it is precisely there that the Cimmerian is spending the night. But by lifting the veil on these mysterious cases of kidnappings, the Cimmerian will discover another secret, even more terrible, linked to the whole city of Zamboula ...

CC sez: This is Conan's, what, fourth comics publisher? I'm beginning to believe that if the writer follows the formula close enough, and the artist is above average, that Conan comics will always be a pretty good read.

But I also have to mention that my copy of the first Conan collection from Ablaze has arrived, and to my delight, the adaptations of REH's stories are followed by the prose versions, straight out of Weird Tales. My paperback copies of Conan have long since departed, and I've been frustrated by the lack of any way to replace them with anything durable. Ablaze has scratched that itch, while providing new adaptations. I'm mighty pleased.

Quick quiz: One of the variant covers below is an homage to Frank Miller's Elektra Lives Again (1990). See if you can guess which one! (Hint: It's the one that looks like Frank Miller drew it.)

Destiny, NY

Black Mask | $3.99

Writer: Pat Shand | Art: Manuel Preitano | Cover: Elisa Romboli

Logan grew up in a boarding school for children with magical prophecies, but she fulfilled her destiny so young that she's now having a midlife crisis despite being in her 20s. When she falls for the estranged daughter of a mystical crime family, Logan's new love puts the entire school in jeopardy. 

A grounded story about the magic of young adulthood, star-crossed modern romance, delayed coming of age, and finding your place in a world too busy to notice you. 

CC sez: Whoever had "teen lesbian witches" on their Bingo card, please report to the lobby for your prize.

Meanwhile, the art is terrific. It's by Manuel Preitano, who did The Oracle Code for DC.

A Man Among Ye #5

Image Comics | $3.99

Writer: Stephanie Phillips | Art/Cover A: Josh George | Cover B: Abigail Larson | Cover C: Craig Cermak

A Man Among Ye #5 begins this new story arc this July from Image/Top Cow. Pirate queen Anne Bonny is back with her crew of lady buccaneers after a harrowing escape from a Caribbean prison! But can they find a safe haven on land or sea after Calico Jack Rackham’s betrayal and the governor’s promise to hunt down and execute Anne?

CC sez: Lesbian pirates this time, but at least they're adults.

This new storyline doesn't advance very far in this issue, but there's some decent swashbuckling.

Man-Eaters: Cursed #1 (of 5)

Image Comics | $3.99

Writer: Chelsea Cain | Art: Kate Niemczyk | Cover A/Cover B: Lia Miternique

In Man-eaters: The Cursed #1, Maude is now 15 years old and is sent to Craft Camp for the week. It goes south pretty quickly. [ADVISORY: Do not read this book while you are actually camping.] Smart, laugh-out-loud funny, provocative, referential, scary, chock-full of ephemera, and compulsively re-readable, Man-eaters: The Cursed delivers the same charm and sharp wit that first enchanted Man-eaters fans and kicks it up a notch.

CC sez: Man-Eaters series is set in a world where a mutation in toxoplasmosis causes menstruating women to turn into ferocious killer wildcats. That's either a horrifically demeaning take on menstruation, or a woman writer's revenge for demeaning takes on menstruation. I'm not sure, but the possibility that I'm being a pig if I enjoy the book makes me too uncomfortable to read it.

But that's me. Maybe for you it's the cat's meow. Wait! Sorry! Dang it, see?

Miss Better Living Through Crime TPB

Humanoids | $22.99

Writer: Philippe Thirault | Art: Marc Riou, Mark Vigouroux | Cover: Greg Smallwood

Features an all-new cover by Greg Smallwood (Moon Knight)!

The tale of two very unlikely partners in crime, set in New York City's Roaring Twenties.

Nola is a destitute but crafty white girl living on the streets. Slim is a Black pimp with a shady history, constantly looking over his shoulder in fear of his own past. When their options run out and their paths cross, Nola and Slim forge a partnership as hired killers. Miss: Better Living Through Crime is a story about what it takes for two people to survive when all they have is a gun and each other.

CC sez: I love that cover, but I can't find a preview anywhere to tell me if it's equally good on the inside. Interesting premise, though.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #100

IDW Publishing | $7.99

Writer: Jeremy Whitley | Art: Brenda Hickey | Art/Cover A: Andy Price | Cover B: Tony Fleecs | Retailer Incentive variant: Agnes Garbowska | San Diego Comic-Con variant: Amy Mebberson

In this landmark issue, Rainbow Dash and her companions Spitfire, Celaeno, Lyra, and Bon Bon find themselves in the Bird Kingdom, where old friendships are tested and a new, enigmatic enemy lurks in the shadows. Together, the ponies will unravel the mystery of the Knights of Harmony!

CC sez: A hundred issues? Black Widow can't carry an ongoing title, but My Little Pony gets 100 issues? Egad.

Nancy in Hell TPB

Amigo Comics | $16.99

Writer: El Torres | Art: Hugo Petrus, Alberto Hernandez, Alexandra Thone | Cover: David Lopez

Hell is an infinite desert, crossed by a single road, and on it walks Nancy, dragging a chainsaw. ... In Hell, the souls of the living dissolve and are digested, unless they cling to the memories of what they were in life. Unless they have an anchor. Nancy has even more problems. She is hunted by the Spooks, members of the Corporation that rules Hell. While in the depths of Pandemonium, a prisoner Lucifer calls her ...

CC sez: This is a collection of the 2018 Amigo Comics reboot of the 2010 Image Comics series. I haven't read either, but the descriptions are so similar that it seems Amigo writer El Torres, who also wrote the Image series, isn't varying much from what he wrote the first time. If you already have the first version, I guess you have to decide how much of a completist you are. For myself, I do like the cover art. (No preview available.)

Never Never #1 (of 5)

Heavy Metal | $3.99

Writer: Marc McCann | Art: Phil Buckenham | Cover: Christopher Lair

Winter is seduced by the boy-sprite, Petros, off to the Never, Never. A place where children never grow up and adults are the enemy. What would such a place look like? Where resources are scarce. Time passes, but age is obsolete. War with adults, starved and insane from constant battle, is the norm. What would age-less boys free of civility and role-models be willing to do to survive. To live Forever. A young girl will face her greatest test; an island full of immortal cannibals with a dark secret that sustains its existence, in the most unnatural and awful of ways.

CC sez: Somebody finally realized the creepy subtext of Never-Never Land in Peter Pan. Well, aside from Alan Moore, who found a sexual subtext he used in Lost Girls. And Joe Hill, with his cannibal Christmasland in NOS4A2. Come to think of it, a number of writers have realized that a land where boys never grow up and live without any adult supervision would very quickly turn into Lord of the Flies.

Ninjak #1

Valiant | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

Writer: Jeff Parker | Art: Javier Pulido | Letters: Dave Sharpe & Javier Pulido | Cover A: David Nakayama | Cover B: Caspar Wijngaard | Cover C: Damion Scott | Preorder Cover: Ibrahim Moustafa | 1:100 Prisma Glass Variant Cover: Javier Pulido

Out of the shadows and into the spotlight … the world’s greatest superspy has been exposed!

Colin King is Ninjak and he has a target on his back like never before. With enemies lurking around every corner, how will Ninjak survive when there’s nowhere left to hide and the world is gunning for him?

CC sez: I meant to read this, but ran out of time.

Valiant's output is usually equal to Marvel/DC output in quality, but its characters usually aren't as interesting. Ninjak is sort of a cross between James Bond and Batman, and is probably Valiant's best.

No Ghosts in Hiroshima #1

Scout Comics | $3.99

Writers: Luigi Borrillo, Jim Krueger | Art: Alberto Rios | Colors/Cover: Zach Brunner | Letters: Dave Lanphear

(W) Luigi Borrillo, Jim Krueger (A) Alberto Rios (CA) Zach Brunner

A young medical student and his girlfriend face demons hell-bent on gaining technology to kill souls in a supernatural showdown blending quantum physics and magic.

CC sez: The title is evocative. The cover is good. The story sounds interesting. That's all I know.

Octavia Butler: Parable of the Sower GN

Abram ComicArts | 272 pages | $16.99

Writers: Octavia Butler, Damian Duffy | Art/Cover: John Jennings

In this graphic-novel adaptation of Octavia E. Butler's Parable of the Sower by Damian Duffy and John Jennings, the author portrays a searing vision of America's future. In the year 2024, the country is marred by unattended environmental and economic crises that lead to social chaos. Lauren Olamina, a preacher's daughter living in Los Angeles, is protected from danger by the walls of her gated community. However, in a night of fire and death, what begins as a fight for survival soon leads to something much more: a startling vision of human destiny ... and the birth of a new faith.

CC sez: I received a review copy, but just didn't get it read in time. It'll get reviewed in my column down the road.

Raptor: A Sokol Graphic Novel TPB/Limited Edition HC

Dark Horse | 128 pages | $29.99/$9.99

Writer/Art/Cover: Dave McKean

The Raptor, Sokol, flickers between two worlds: a feudal fantastical landscape where he must hunt prey to survive, and Wales in the late 1800s where a writer of supernatural tales mourns the passing of his young wife. He exists between two states, the human and the hawk. He lives in the twilight between truth and lies, life and death, reality and the imagination.

The deluxe, oversized hardcover edition has an exclusive signed tip-in illustration. This is perfect for fans of Dave McKean’s beautiful art who want to experience Raptor in large-scale glory.

CC sez: I have no idea if the story is worth it, but we all know from Sandman just how good McKean is as an artist.

Rick And Morty Presents: Hotel Immortal #1

Oni Press | $4.99

Writer: Alejandro Arbona | Art: Marc Ellerby | Cover: Philip Murphy

Murder at the Hotel Immortal?! Impossible, you say? Not so! Find out who done stabbed whom in this whodunnit issue of Rick and Morty Presents. When Cornvelious Daniels checks in for some R&R at the Hotel Immortal, bodies start dropping--and accusations start flying.

CC sez: Here's the latest Rick and Morty mini from Oni.

Savage Hearts #1 (of 5)

Dark Horse | $3.99

Writer: Aubrey Sitterson | Art/Cover: Jed Dougherty

In the tradition of your favorite will-they-won't-they romances, Savage Hearts introduces readers to a brawny barbarian bruiser with a broken heart and a lonely beastman who talks to dinosaurs. What happens when they team up against an evil sorcerer? Sides and skulls alike get split and romance blossoms in this all-new jungle fantasy mini-series!

CC sez: Normally a new Dark Horse title hits myTop 5, but this one looks a bit ... silly. It claims to be "equal parts steamy romance, gut-busting comedy and heart-pounding action," and that says "not to be taken seriously" to me.

Six Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #2

Image Comics | $3.99

Writer: Kyle Starks | Art/Cover A: Chris Schweizer | Cover B: Afu Chan 

Look, we don’t know who killed Trigger Keaton yet, but

we do know that the BEST CAR CHASE EVER PUT TO PAPER is going down in The Six Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #2. Image/Skybound today revealed a first look at the hotly-anticipated issue from Eisner Award nominees Kyle Starks (Sex Castle) and Chris Schweizer (Crogan Adventures).

Like we said, someone murdered Trigger Keaton, the world’s most famous TV action hero. But to be fair, everyone kinda hated him. Trust us, you probably would’ve hated him too … but when it comes to solving this mystery, there’s no one better (well, that’s debatable) than his former television sidekicks.

CC sez: I loved the first issue, full of quirky characters and black humor. I expect I'll like this one, too.

Thor #15

Marvel Comics | $3.99

Writer: Donny Cates | Art: Michele Bandini | Cover: Olivier Coipel with colors by Matt Wilson | Variant: Nic Klein | Spider-Man Villains variant: Tony Daniel

Following the events of “Prey,” the wounds of Donald Blake have not yet healed, and new Hel is afoot! With all inhabitants back in Asgard, and Odin’s presence returned after being away so long, an air of tension now sits upon the throne! Father and son. All-Father and All-Father. Odin and Thor. Is this relationship forever doomed, and what does it mean for the Ten Realms? Check out Coipel’s cover below as well as a variant cover by Nic Klein and don’t miss the start of this Midgard-shaking new arc when THOR #15 hits stands on July 14th!

CC sez: Marvel's touting this issue as the first in a new storyline from Donny Cates. Obviously, it involves a fight between Captain America and Thor. Which should be the shortest fight in history, honestly. I love me some Cap, but Thor's a demigod. I suppose they'll figure some way to even the odds.

EVENTS/CROSSOVERS

ANIME VARIANT COVERS

Champions #8

Anime variant: Peach Momoko

CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVERS

Iron Man #10

Captain America 80th Anniversary variant: John Cassaday & Dave Stewart

Spider-Woman #13

Captain America 80th Anniversary variant: Steve McNiven & Frank D'Armata

CC sez: Yep, it's an homage to Spider-Woman #1 (1978)

EXTREME CARNAGE PART 2

Extreme Carnage: Scream #1

Marvel Comics | $3.99

Writer: Clay McLeod Chapman | Art: Chris Mooneyham | Cover A: Skan | Cover B: Jeff Johnson | Young variant: Skottie Young

Andi Benton has always been a fighter, and that’s never been truer than since she bonded to the Scream symbiote a few months ago. But even after Absolute Carnage and King in Black, Andi has never had to fight like this — and, worse still, if she can’t save her symbiote from whatever unseen force is affecting it, she might have to do it alone.

CC sez: It's never going to end, is it? Every month, more symbiotes, more Venoms, more Carnages, more [insert repulsive new symbiote character here]. *Sob!* Make it stop!

Infinite Frontier #2 (of 6)

DC Comics | $4.99

Writer: Joshua Williamson | Art: Xermanico, Paul Pelletier, & Jesús Merino | Cover: Mitch Gerads | Card Stock variant: Bryan Hitch

What secrets and changes lurk inside the newly expanded Multiverse? The devious Director Bones of the D.E.O. re-forms a ragtag team to keep the new worlds at bay, but was highly skilled agent Cameron Chase recruited because the director needs her help, or because he wants a patsy when things go south? Meanwhile, Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern, takes drastic measures to find his missing daughter. Someone has kidnapped Jade, and Alan’s going to find out why and bring her home. Plus, the resurrection of Roy Harper gives the former Teen Titan some unexpected and unpredictable new powers.

CC sez: I enjoyed the first issue, which did its level best to make sense of DC's arcane and ever-changing continuity. And hey, I asked for Cameron Chase, and lo, she appears.

Skybound X #2 (of 5)

Image Comics | 44 pages | Mature | $4.99

Writers: Robert Kirkman, Chip Zdarsky, Daniel Warren Johnson, Irma Kniivila & Tri Vuong | Art: Ryan Ottley | Ramon K. Perez, Daniel Warren Johnson, Tri Vuong & Irma Kniivila | Cover A by Cliff Rathburn | Cover B by Andrei Bressan | Cover C by Tri Vuong & Irma Kniivila | Cover D 1:10 Incentive Cover by Andrei Bressan | Cover E 1:10 Incentive Cover by Tri Vuong & Irma Kniivila | Cover F 1:25 Incentive Cover by Cliff Rathburn

Skybound X #2 features the jaw-dropping next chapter of the new The Walking Dead epic “Rick Grimes 2000” and the first appearance of Everyday Hero Machine Boy, one of the most unforgettable new characters of the year! But that’s not all! This extra-length issue is all jam-packed with a new story from the critically acclaimed Stillwater featuring the secret origin of a surprising character AND a surprising coda to the recently concluded Birthright epic.

CC sez: How did Travis Herrick phrase it? "I realized it was a lot of stories from series I never read or didn't really like first time." That's sort of how it struck me, too. But I'm sure some Legionnaires are into it. And there's going to be at least one Six Sidekicks story, which I do like.

WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS WEEK 11

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #12

Marvel | Teen | $3.99

Writer: Alyssa Wong | Art: Minkyu Jung | Cover: Sara Pichelli | Head Shot variant: Giuseppe Camuncoli

"PARTY TRICKS"

A MYSTERIOUS INVITATION leads DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS to an exclusive party... teeming with scum and villainy! Will Aphra and Sana be able to survive the underworld social event of the century? Or will their cover be blown by A FAMILIAR FACE with an agenda of their own?

CC sez: Still going.

Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters #2 (of 5)

Marvel Comics | Teen | $3.99

Writer: Charles Soule | Art: Luke Ross | Cover: Steve McNiven | Head Shot variant: Giuseppe Camuncoli | Action Figure variant: John Tyler Christopher

Notorious bounty hunter BOBA FETT has tracked his missing prize — heroic smuggler HAN SOLO, frozen in carbonite - to the remote, frozen world of JEKARA. But representatives from many of the galaxy's most powerful factions have gathered, and they all want the same thing — Solo. Things go from bad to worse, as Boba Fett realizes that he himself has become almost as valuable to the galaxy's hunters as Han Solo, and he must turn to the least trustworthy person in the galaxy for help ... DOCTOR APHRA.

WHAT TH--?

Spare Parts one-shot

Behemoth | $3.99

Writers: Svet Rouskov, David Murdoch | Nicolas Brondo | Cover A: Alberto Massaggia | Cover B: Raven Banner Entertainment | Cover C: Raven Banner Entertainment | Cover D: Svet Rouskov, David Murdoch | Cover E: Nicolas Brondo 

Based on the upcoming Raven Banner and RLJE movie releasing in theaters this summer, Spare Parts features a group of women that get lost on a random dirt road. A tow truck driver arrives and tows them to his junkyard. Everything seems normal until they wake up with weapons for limbs, and thrown into the fight of their lives.

CC sez: Amusingly, my first thought when I saw these covers was, "Wow, somebody watched Grindhouse too many times." Then I read the PR and found out this is by the people who did Grindhouse! Well, it amused me. Anyway, if you're into women with lethal weapons for limbs, here ya go!

True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys: National Anthem Library Deluxe Edition

Dark Horse | 200 pages | $39.99 HC/$79.99 Deluxe HC

Writers: Gerard Way, Shaun Simon | Art: Leonardo Romero | Colors: Jordie Bellaire | Cover design: Tony Ong

The oversized library hardcover collects issues #1-6 of National Anthem as well as a brand new eight-page Killjoys story exclusive to the hardcovers. The deluxe format also includes a slipcase designed by Tony Ong, an exclusive print by Leonardo Romero and Jordie Bellaire, as well as a brand new eight-page Killjoys story exclusive to the hardcovers.

CC sez: So Dark Horse releases a collection ... and one week later releases two better ones of the same material? Not cool, DH, not cool.

Valkyrie Saviors #1 (of 3)

Antarctic Press | $3.99

Writer: Ron Z | Art: Gian Carlo Bernal | Cover B: Kael Ngu

An epic new tale in the Patriotika-verse, because some things in it are too big to contain in one series! College students by day, Kaiju-size Valkyrie warriors by night! Larissa, Valkyrie of the Tides, is the only one of Freja's forces who remains to fight the evil Zodiac gods! Can she find new recruits in time to stop them? Inspired by various manga and anime, Valkyrie Saviors has action, Norse Mythology, beautiful warrior maidens, comedy and more!"

CC sez: "You got Norse mythology in my kaiju!" "You got kaiju in my Norse mythology!" Two great tastes, but will they taste great together?

THE FULL LIST

Boom! Studios

Dune: House Atreides Limited Edition Vol 1 HC

Eve #3 (of 5)

Mighty Morphin #9

Mouse Guard Owlhen Caregiver #1

Orcs #6 (of 6

Seven Secrets #10

Dark Horse Comics

Black Hammer Visions #6 (of 8)

House of Lost Horizons #3 (of 5)

Norse Mythology II #2 (of 6)

Rangers of the Divide #3 (of 4)

Raptor TPB

Savage Hearts #1 (of 5)

Secret Land #2 (of 4)  $3.99

True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys: National Anthem Library Deluxe Edition

DC Comics

Action Comics Annual #2 2021

Batman # Scooby-Doo Mysteries #4 (of 12)

Batman the Detective #4 (of 6)

Batman: Urban Legends #5

Challenge of the Super-Sons #4 (of 7)

DCeased: Unkillables TPB

Detective Comics #1039

The Flash Annual #1 2021

Future State Gotham #3

Future State Suicide Squad TPB

Green Lantern Season Two Vol 2 HC

Infinite Frontier #2 (of 6)

Injustice Year Two the Complete Collection HC

Joker #3

Justice League: Last Ride #3 (of 7)

Rorschach #10 (of 12)

Suicide Squad: Their Greatest Shots TPB

Wonder Woman #775

Dynamite

Barbarella #1

Die!Namite Lives #2

Invincible Red Sonja #3

Vampirella vs. Purgatori #5

IDW Publishing

Canto III: Lionhearted #1 (of 6)

GI Joe: A Real American Hero #284

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #100

Star Wars: Phantom Menace Adaptation TPB

TMNT #119

Transformers #32

Image Comics

A Man Among Ye #5

Die #18

Haha #6 (of 6)

Helm Greycastle #3 (of 4)

Man-Eaters: Cursed #1 (of 5

Moonshine #26

Oblivion Song by Kirkman & De Felici #32

Silver Coin #4

Six Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #2

Skybound X #2

Marvel Comics

Aliens Aftermath #1

Carnage: Black White and Blood #4 (of 4)

Champions #8

Conan The Barbarian #23

Excalibur #22

Extreme Carnage: Scream #1

History of the Marvel Universe TPB

Iron Man #10

King In Black: Planet Symbiotes TPB

Marvel-Verse: She-Hulk TPB

Mighty MMW Fantastic Four Vol 1: Greatest Heroes TPB

Sinister War #1 (of 4)

Spider-Man: Spider’s Shadow #4 (of 5)

Spider-Woman #13

Squadron Supreme vs. Avengers TPB

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #12

Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters #2 (of 5)

Taskmaster: Rubicon Trigger TPB

Thor #15

Ultimates by Ewing Complete Collection TPB

Way of X #4

X-Corp #3

Other Comics & Graphic Novels

2000 AD Regened Vol 2 TPB

American Mythology: Monsters Vol 2 #1

Baby Sitters Little Sister Vol 4: Karen’s Kittycat Club GN

Batman: Three Jokers #1

Beyond The Breach #1

Blue Barry & Pancakes Vol 2: Escape from Balloonia GN

Bunny Mask #2

Captain America: The First 80 Years

Captain Canuck Season 0

Captain Canuck Vol 4: Season 4 Invasion TPB

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Vol 9 GN

The Cimmerian: Man-Eaters of Zamboula #1

Clash GN

D Frag Vol 15 GN

Death by Life #3 (of 8)

Devil’s Candy Vol 1 GN

Dire Days of Willowweep Manor GN

Disney Manga Stitch & Samurai Vol 2 GN

Dragon Kingdom of Wrenly Vol 4: Ghost Island  GN

Exciting Comics #11

Fly Me to the Moon Vol 6 GN

Gal Gohan Vol 8 GN

Ghoul Next Door GN

Ghoul Next Door HC

Grimm Fairy Tales #50

Grumpy Unicorn Vol 2: Saves the World GN

Hatchet: Unstoppable Horror #1

Heaven’s Design Team Vol 5 GN

Hero: Overpowered But Overly Cautious Vol 3 GN

Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter Vol 3 GN

Invincible Shovel Vol 1 GN

John Carpenter: Storm Kids Sacred Hearts TPB

Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters #1 Drawing Board Edition

Jukebox GN

Lev Gleason Presents #1

Lev Gleason Presents #2

Lilla the Accidental Witch GN

Living Corpse: Relics #1 Encore Edition

Magical Girl Special Ops Asuka Vol 11 GN

Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious Vol 1 GN

Maker Comics: Survive in Outdoors GN

Mars Red Vol 1 GN

Melody of Iron GN

Miss Better Living Through Crime TPB

Moths #2

My Own World GN

Nancy in Hell TPB

Never Never #1 (of 5)

Ninjak #1

No Ghosts in Hiroshima #1

Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong Color Edition GN

Octavia Butler: Parable of the Sower GN

Peter Grill & the Philosopher’s Time Vol 5 GN

Pup Detectives Vol 4: Ghosts Goblins & Ninjas GN

Rick And Morty Presents: Hotel Immortal #1

Robyn Hood/Goldilocks one-shot

Science Comics: Spiders GN

Seek You Journey Through American Loneliness GN

Sorry for my Familiar Vol 8 GN

Soul Eater Perfect Edition Vol 4 GN

Space Pirate Captain Harlock #2

Spare Parts one-shot

Splatoon Squid Kids Comedy Show Vol 4 GN

Superbabes Starring Femforce #7

Taarna (2020) #6 (of 6)

Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose Krampus Khronicles Deluxe Edition TPB

Thee Collected Cyanide Milkshake

To Save World Wake Morning After Demi Human Vol 3 GN

Valkyrie Saviors #1 (of 3)

Zombie Tramp #80

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• CC sez: A hundred issues? Black Widow can't carry an ongoing title, but My Little Pony gets 100 issues? Egad.

Do not underestimate the power of the Bronies.   There are rather a lot of them.

Nancy in Hell TPB

If this was Bushmiller's Nancy, I'd give it a look.

• Especially if Sluggo was her muscle.

• Mouse Guard Owlhen Caregiver #1 - Somehow I missed this, thanks for pointing it out to me, Cap! A great series, I think.

Ninjak #1 - I'm pickng this up because I like Ninjak, and I've always enjoyed Jeff Parker's writing. This is the first new Vailiant comic I've picked up new in a couple of years.

CC sez: How did Jeff of Earth-J phrase it? "I realized it was a lot of stories from series I never read or didn't really like first time." - That was me, Cap! (I honestly really don't care) The owner of my LCS tried to convince me to get the first issue, because it had like 6 page Ultramega story. I told him, I'm not buying a $5 comic for a 6 page story. He readily agreed.

War of the Bounty Hunters, CC sez: Still going. - Apparently, this is going until October. I didn't realize that when I bought in. Pray for me.Luckily, you will get that IG-88 one-shot you have been asking for...and I will probably buy.

Die #18 - Good series, but I'm glad there is an end in sight. I do tire of the series that never end.

Taskmaster: Rubicon Trigger TPB - If you missed the mini-series. I recommend this. I loved this one. A good mixture of humor and action.

• I fixed the attribution, Trav. Accuracy above all! 

This reply was deleted.