The Big Stuff

Fantastic Four: Life Story #1 (of 6)

Marvel Comics | 40 pages | Teen | $4.99

Writer: Mark Russell | Art: Sean Izaakse | Colors: Nolan Woodward | Cover: Daniel Acuña | Variant: Brett Booth | Variant: Marcos Martin | Variant: Paolo Rivera

In the tradition of SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY, and in celebration of the FF’s 60th Anniversary, comes this series setting the lives of the fabulous foursome in real time across the years!

Amid the backdrop of the Cold War and the Space Race, a terrible accident gives the Fantastic Four great powers, a terrible secret and entangles them in the history of their planet.

The Captain's comments:

Confession: I haven't read Marvel's First Family regularly for a long time. It's felt like a B-list title, often with a less-than-stellar creative team taking it nowhere. It didn't help that Ike Perlmutter enforced a no-FF rule for several years, which lopped them off the Marvel Universe like a gangrenous limb. I dropped the title a few issues after the Mark Waid run, I think, and did pick up the Jonathan Hickman run — or part of it. Honestly, that didn't really do much for me, although I've enjoyed Hickman on just about everything else.

But they're the foundation of the MU, even if the focus has shifted over the years to the X-books and the Avengers group of titles. So they deserve this miniseries. I'd rather the main book was elevated to its proper place by stunning stories and art, but I'll take what I can get.

Fantastic Four: Life Story is going to follow the trail blazed by Spider-Man: Life Story, in which the characters age, and change status quo with age, while still dealing with all the major events of their careers. It's an interesting "What If," except that aging means the characters will eventually die (while time-sliding heroes never do). So all of these "Life Story" books are going to be very sad at the end. Heck, given that Reed and Ben are World War II vets, they're going to need some writer's fiat to make it to 2000, much less 2021. And do I want to see Sue and Johnny as saggy old grand-parents? I'm not sure I do. Maybe I'll tradewait, just so I have time to steel myself for a toothless, geriatric Johnny wheezing "Flame On" in authentic Western gibberish.

Say, maybe cosmic rays make you age slower. (In which case, watch for a stampede of rich people buying unshielded spaceships.)

Heroes Reborn #3 (of 7)

Marvel Comics | 40 pages | Teen | $4.99

Writer: Jason Aaron | Federico Vicentini, Ed McGuinness | Cover: Leinil Francis Yu | Trading Card variant: Mark Bagley | Variant: Jeffrey Veregge | Action Figure variant: John Tyler Christopher | Stormbreakers variant: Peach Momoko | Variant: Nick Bradshaw |

Stormbreakers variant Cover: Peach Momoko | Action Figure variant: John Tyler Christopher

Chaos magic at Mach 5! Blur, the swiftest mortal alive, must win a race through the mind-bending Dread Dimension in order to save his soul from the hypersonic hexes of the Speedster Supreme, the Silver Witch. Plus a back-up tale takes us inside the dark secrets of the Ravencroft Asylum and its newest inmate, the Phoenix.

The Captain's comments:

Week 3 focuses on the Squadron's super-speedster in the main book, now named The Blur. (I guess they were tired of the "Whizzer" jokes.) From the cover art I thought his antagonist was a cross between Scarlet Witch and Rogue, but after reading the blurb and preview I suspect the "Speedster Supreme" is a Wanda/Pietro mix, which is pretty formidable. I'd be interested in finding out exactly how that happened.

Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters #1

Marvel Comics | 40 pages | Teen+ | $4.99

Writers: Al Ewing, Alex Paknadel, David Vaughan | Art: Juan Ferreyra, more | Cover: Juan Ferreyra | Variant: Ron Lim | Deadpool 30th variant: Rob Liefeld

Al Ewing And Alex Paknadel Introduce The Original Hulk!

Ten thousand years ago, something green and glowing comes to poison the ancient ground of the Fertile Crescent — and the hearts of its people.

One boy is left to bear the consequences — and, for the first time ... to open THE GREEN DOOR.

Plus: Bruce Banner faces a challenge unlike any he’s seen before as writer David Vaughan makes his Marvel debut!

The Captain's comments:

It's heresy, I know, but growing up the Hulk wasn't one of my favorites. Peter David turned that opinion around, and now the character is having a sort of Renaissance, with multiple Hulks and Hulks through history. This looks like a further extension of the mythos, which is opening doors all over the MU. And the David run is getting the Omnibus treatment, for those who missed it.

Speaking of doors, the "Green Door" has another meaning to those of us who were around in the '70s. Hopefully Hulk won't do a Marilyn Chambers homage, because nobody wants to see that.

Legends of the Dark Knight #1

DC Comics | 32 pages | $3.99 | Card Stock variants $4.99

Writer/Art/Cover: Darick Robertson | Card Stock variant: David Marquez | Teams Card Stock variant: Francesco Francavilla | 1:25 variant: Riccardo Federici

The iconic series Legends of the Dark Knight is back! Comics icons and rising stars alike will tell digital-first stories across the Batman mythos, beginning with comics legend and co-creator of The Boys Darick Robertson writing and drawing an epic three-issue super-villain crime drama!

A new player has arrived on the scene in Gotham City and is selling deadly chemicals to the worst villains in town: Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, and even The Joker! It’s up to Batman to stop the villains, track down the supplier, and save Gotham City once more! 

The Captain's comments:

I'm glad to see this book back, as there are lots of creators who'd love to do a Bat-story (and I'd like to see do a Bat-story) who can't commit to a whole arc. Especially those who want to do a Bat-story where Bruce isn't a sociopath! Give me detective Batman, Bob Haney Batman, cartoon Batman, etc. We get tons of psycho Batman, so I don't need any more of that.

Shang-Chi #1

Marvel Comics | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

Writer: Gene Luen Yang | Art: Dike Ruan | Cover: Leinil Francis Yu | Variant: Superlog | Variant: Junggeun Yoon | Variant: Benjamin Su | Variant: J. Scott Campbell | Variant: Michael Cho

Shang-Chi Vs. The Marvel Universe!

Shang-Chi and his family are back! And this time, they’re colliding head-to-head with the Marvel Universe’s biggest heroes!

After the events of his last series, Shang-Chi has finally taken his place as the leader of the Five Weapons Society but using an evil secret organization as a force for good won’t be easy. And it’s about to get a lot harder when Marvel’s biggest heroes start to question his motives!

Each issue of the action-packed first arc will pit Shang-Chi against a different Marvel hero including Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine. In addition, the series will introduce new villains with sinister goals for Shang-Chi and his newfound family of warriors. The new series is perfect for longtime fans of the character and newcomers eager to learn more about Marvel’s greatest fighter! For more information, including a first look at SHANG-CHI #1, visit Marvel.com.

The Captain's comments:

Sure, we're getting this book because of the movie. But who cares? I've missed Master of Kung Fu ever since Shang stopped playing Sir Denis Nayland Smith's "games of deceit and death."  His supporting character turns and occasional miniseries weren't enough, although they did have the consequence of integrating MoKF into the Marvel Universe ... making this series possible. Adding a different big-name co-star each issue is just stacking the deck. Bring it on!

Wonder Girl #1DC Comics | 32 pages | $3.99 | Card Stock variant $4.99

Writer/Art/Cover: Joëlle Jones | Colors: Jordie Bellaire | Lettering: Clayton Cowles | Team variant: Rafael Grampá | Card Stock variant: Bilquis Evely | 1:25 variant: J. Scott Campbell

From her breakout appearances in Future State: Wonder Woman and Infinite Frontier #0, a young Yara Flor begins the search for her destiny and connection to the Amazons! In Wonder Girl #1 on May 18, acclaimed writer/artist Joëlle Jones makes a triumphant return to the character of Yara Flor!

“The story picks up with a brief vignette of Yara saying goodbye to her aunt at the Boise airport,” says Jones, “and then it's straight on to Brazil! This trip opens up a huge world to her full of exciting characters. It's incredibly exciting for her, but full of challenges both fun and dangerous.”

Raised in the far-off land of Boise, Idaho, Yara has always felt something has been missing from her life — and now she is headed to Brazil to find it. Little does she know her arrival will set off a series of events that will change the world of Wonder Woman forever. Her return has been prophesied, and with that prophesy comes the undivided attention of benevolent gods from pantheons beyond.

The Captain's comments:

Sometimes "diversity" is artificially attached to a story, and it feels like we're getting preached to. But not in this case, where the "diversity" is endemic to the character, and makes her all the more exciting.

Yara Flor is the first Wonder Girl who I find interesting, precisely because she's not a boring, middle-class, white American girl. Yes, she grew up in Idaho (I learned that from the blurb), but she's the offspring of an Amazon and Brazilian river god, which is certainly something I want to learn more about!

Why was an Amazon in the Amazon basin? Which river god was it, and are there more? Will Brazilian mythology play a big role? Will the Greco-Roman gods play a big role? (I see Ares in the preview.) Why was Yara moved to Idaho? Did she face bigotry there? (I don't mean to pick on Idaho. But it is a state that's 82% white, so a dusky South American girl would stand out. Especially if she could lift a truck.)

So Yara's backstory promises to be interesting, She's also, from her two-story appearance in Future State, going to be a lot of fun. She's impulsive, fun-loving, brassy and self-certain. All of those qualities in one so young are certainly going to be put to the test, and, again, that's going to be quite a story.

Finally, and most importantly, we have Joëlle Jones at the helm. I've loved both her writing and art since I saw them on display in Lady Killer, and I have utmost confidence she's going to kill it with Yara Flor, a character she created. Even if I do have to dig up an umlaut every time I write her name. ("Verdammten umlauts!" says the old man, as he shakes his fist at the sky.)

P.S.: I was curious about the name Yara and looked it up. I discovered that Yara as a girl's name is of Brazilian and Arabic origin meaning "water lady or small butterfly." It's an Arabic derivative of the English, Portuguese and Spanish name Lara. In Brazilian mythology, Lara was a beautiful goddess with green hair and fair skin. How 'bout that?

Pre-Read for Your Convenience

Far Cry Rite of Passage #1 (of 3)Dark Horse | 32 pages | $3.99

Writer: Bryan Edward Hill | Geraldo Borges | Art: Michael Atiyeh | Cover: Matt Taylor

Bringing in fan-favorite villains, Far Cry: Rite of Passage is a gritty tale of the intricate road that leads to the ascension to power. The story kicks off as President Antón Castillo’s only son, Diego, has just turned thirteen. But this birthday is more than a celebration — it’s a rite of passage. Antón wishes to teach Diego important lessons in leadership and recounts cautionary tales he has heard about the undoing of three legendary men: Vaas Montenegro, a pirate; Pagan Min, a dictator; and Joseph Seed, a preacher.

The Captain's comments:

As the blurb says, President Castillo takes his son into the jungle on a journey of self-discovery on the occasion of the latter's 13th birthday. They don't say what country this is, although a "Yara" is mentioned — which could, from the context, be the country, the sun or God.

El jefe tells his son a story about a kid who becomes drug-addicted and then an enforcer for a drug cartel, and then (spoiler) dies. The man's name is never mentioned, we don't see who kills him and his relationship to the president (if any) isn't made clear. He doesn't appear to be any of the men mentioned in the blurb. To be continued.

Wait, what? Already? Come on, Dark Horse, give me some nouns!

Maybe if I played the video game I'd recognize all this without it having to be explained. But I don't play the game, and I don't know what's going on here. The writer should help me out, if he wants to expand his audience beyond "Far Cry" players.

The art is gritty, reminiscent of Jock on The Losers, which is fine. I'm intrigued, but I didn't get enough story to commit to this title.

Rangers of the Divide #1 (of 4)

Dark Horse | 32 pages | $3.99

Writer/Art/Cover: Megan Huang

Lock, load, and take flight!

From writer and artist Megan Huang (Jia and the Nian Monster) comes Rangers of the Divide, a new mini-series about courage, community, and dragons.

Following the disappearance of the nations’ peacekeepers, an elite Commander stumbles upon a team of bright-eyed cadets in need of leadership. The group prepares to venture out on their first mission into uncharted territories. Are they ready to face what awaits them … or will danger find them first?

The Captain's comments:

This is actually a pretty exciting premise. The set-up is given quickly: Between cities are huge, wild areas where the Rangers live, riding dragons and keeping the peace between hostile powers. (They appear to connect with the dragons like the Avatar natives do with their mounts.)

We meet a legendary warrior named Commander Knight, with his dragon Jörmungandr (yes, the Midgard Serpent's name). He's a hard-bitten veteran who comes across a bunch of cadets who have been abandoned by their leaders who went off on a mysterious mission (or possibly deserted). The cadets are impressed all to pieces by this guy, so we know he's a big deal. Reluctantly, he takes the cadets with him on a mission that he fears will kill them all, but he vows not to fail "again."

Well. That's certainly got my interest. Too bad the art is in a cartoony manga style I don't much care for. But I may follow the book anyway.

Other Items of Interest

Aliens Omnibus Vol 1 HC

The classic comic book tales set in the iconic — and terrifying — world of the Alien franchise will be collected next April in ALIENS OMNIBUS VOLUME 1! Following the debut of the landmark film in 1979, the groundbreaking Alien franchise took the comic book world by storm with thrilling comic book series that both featured classic characters from the films and explored never-before-seen corners of the Alien universe.

This unprecedented collection will contain: Aliens (1988) #1-6, Aliens (1989) #1-4, Aliens: Earth War (1990) #1-4, Aliens: Genocide (1991) #1-4, Aliens: Hive (1992) #1-4, Aliens: Tribes (1992) #1, Aliens: Newt's Tale (1992) #1-2, Alien 3 (1992) #1-3 and Aliens: Space Marines (1992) #1-12 — plus material from Dark Horse Presents (1986) #24, 42-43, 56; Dark Horse Presents Fifth Anniversary Special (1991) #1; and Dark Horse Insider (1989) #14-27. Check out the direct market exclusive cover by artist Mark A. Nelson below, and be on the lookout the all-new main cover by superstar artist Greg Land and more news about future Alien collections and comic books coming your way!

The Captain's comments:

I don't normally tout reprint books, but anyone who has tried to fill in a Dark Horse title knows the difficulty of finding a lot of the books — especially ones from Dark Horse's early days in the '80s. It's not a matter of price; they just don't seem to exist.

So I'm excited to get this book, which will finish all of my incomplete Aliens miniseries at one fell swoop. Whew! That saves me a lot of time and effort!

Archie & Friends: Superheroes #1
Archie Comics | 32 pages | $2.99

Script: Ian Flynn | Art: Pat & Tim Kennedy, Jeff Shultz, Bob Smith, Jim Amash, Glenn Whitmore, Jack Morelli | Cover: Pat & Tim Kennedy, Jack Morelli, Rosario “Tito” Peña

Get ready for some super heroics featuring Archie and the Gang … along with some very super appearances by classic Archie characters like Bob Phantom and Blackjack!

The Captain's comments:

My go-to artists on Archie Comics are Samm Schwartz (for Jughead) and Dan DeCarlo (for everything else). But the Pureheart stories showcased other Archie artists, some of whom were surprisingly good at superhero parody. Pureheart and friends gave guys like Bill Vigoda and Bob White a chance to impress me, which they did.

I have a lot of these stories in reprint (and a very, very few in the original floppies), so I snatch up whatever reprints Archie offers in hopes of having them all someday. I'd be happy to shell out big bucks for a comprehensive collection, but Archie doesn't do omnibuses.

P.S. When I was younger, I used to think "Bob Phantom" was a joke name, like "Arm-Fall-Off Boy," on the rare occasion it was referenced. I don't remember how old I was when I found it that Bob Phantom was a real 1940s superhero, but I still have trouble taking him seriously.

Batman/Fortnite #3

Batman vs. Snake-Eyes?

Yes, Batman vs. Snake-Eyes!

With no memory and battling strange adversaries (and even some allies) on a mysterious island for 22 minutes at a time, you’d think Batman has enough to worry about in BATMAN/FORTNITE:ZERO POINT.

Think again.

In issue #3 of this six-issue limited series from DC and Epic Games, the Dark Knight faces off against the most unexpected adversary yet, Snake-Eyes, from G.I. Joe!

You read that right: Snake-Eyes from G.I. Joe! Worlds collide on the Island as the unstoppable ninja goes up against Batman! But can either of them win the fight when neither of them can remember why they’re fighting, nor escape this twisted version of Groundhog’s Day? Will Batman even remember that he’s got to find a way back to Catwoman, all the while trying to figure out how to get back to Gotham City? And just what is Harley Quinn doing here?

Catwoman's Grappling Claw Pickaxe

Each 32-page issue is priced at $4.99, with the card stock variant priced at $5.99. Each print issue of BATMAN/FORTNITE:ZERO POINT also includes a redeemable code for a bonus digital cosmetic in Fortnite inspired by the events in the comic; Issue #3 includes a code for the Catwoman’s Claw Pickaxe in-game item. As a bonus item, fans who redeem all six codes will unlock a new Armored Batman Zero Outfit.

The Captain's comments:

Here's this week's PR.

Black Knight: Curse of the Ebony Blade #3 (of 5)

Writer: Simon Spurrier | Art: Sergio Dávila | Cover: Iban Coello | Variant: Stephanie Hans

Dane Whitman wields the magical Ebony Blade as the BLACK KNIGHT! He needs ELSA BLOODSTONE’s help if he’s going to stop an enemy’s murderous hunt for the EBONY ARTIFACTS. But the EBONY CHALICE lies beyond this world in a wasteland of dangerous fantasies and predatory magic.

The Mighty Thor faces the Black Knight in BLACK KNIGHT: CURSE OF THE EBONY BLADE #3. Their battle in the present will reveal dangerous secrets of the past as THE MIGHTY THOR duels the first Black Knight at Camelot!

The Captain's comments:

Normally I'd look forward to reading this clash of legendary weapons for the thrill factor. But over the decades, and accelerating in recent years, Marvel has been watering down Mjolnir's unique nature and status, even allowing Venom to wield it recently. (There is no circumstance in my world where Eddie Brock is "worthy.")

IOW, let's hope they don't build up the Ebony Blade by tearing down Mjolnir.

Incidentally, Cover B below is a sneaky homage to a previous meeting of Thor and the Black Knight, by Ron Frenz:

Minky Woodcock: The Girl Who Electrified Tesla #2

Titan Comics | 32 pages | $3.99

Writer/Art: Cynthia Von Buler | Cover A: Robert McGinnis | Cover B: Burlesque photo | Cover C: Cynthia Von Buhler | Creator: Cynthia Von Buhler

Titan bestselling Hard Case crime series is back!

A stylish, glamorous feminist take on the classic gumshoe!

Private investigator Minky Woodcock becomes involved in an investigation of maverick genius and reclusive pigeon-fancier, Nikola Tesla, and discovers a horrifying conspiracy involving corrupt politicians and Nazis.

The Captain's comments:

I'm no prude, but even I think that third cover crosses the line. But I generally do enjoy Titan's Hard Case crime comics, including Minky books.

Breaking news! Titan sent out its final preview for Minky Woodcock: The Girl Who Electrified Tesla, and the cover to which I objected has been altered. Feel free to compare and contrast Cover C above with the updated version below:

Red Room #1 (of 4)

Fantagraphics | 64 pages | $6.99

Creator: Ed Piskor | Cover B: Ed Piskor | Cover C: Jim Rugg | Cover D: Jim Rugg

In Red Room, criminals livestream murders on the dark web for fun and profit. The series will be told through a series of interconnected, standalone stories, focusing on unsavory characters that lurk in the most grotesque corners of cyberspace. The murders are a mystery, the victims unknown. Aided by the anonymous dark web and nearly untraceable crypto-currency, business is booming and the viewership is ever-growing.

Red Room is a cyberpunk, outlaw, splatterpunk comic that you can't unsee once you feast your eyes on the mayhem,” said Piskor. “Think of Red Room as modern day E.C. Comics, infused with the dream of Black Mirror. These are subversive, stand alone stories that are all part of a larger, twisted narrative.”

The Captain's comments:

So, the guy who did the Hip Hop Family Tree and X-Men: Grand Design is doing ... whatever this is. I guess if you liked his other work you will be inclined to enjoy this.

It's described as a creator-owned, shared universe, which I assume means other creators will be involved. Piskor also promises it will "push boundaries," which sounds good without saying anything. (Nouns, people, use your nouns!) For the record, only the first issue will be oversized and $6.99; subsequent issues will be 32 pages at $3.99, and stories will be published as four-issue miniseries that will later be collected in trades.

I don't really know any more than that. The press release does say that "Piskor has been teasing Red Room on Patreon and Cartoonist Kayfabe, his popular podcast with cartoonist Jim Rugg." So I assume you can turn to that resource if you're interested.

Runaways #36 

Writer: Rainbow Rowell | Art: Andres Genolet | Cover: Kris Anka

“Come Away With Me” Part 5!

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THIS ISSUE THAT WOULDN’T SPOIL WHAT IS POSSIBLY THE BEST COMIC OF 2021! WE CAN’T EVEN SHOW YOU THE COVER!

The Captain's comments:

Marvel won't show you the cover, but I will! I assumed when I saw it that we were looking at a Gertrude from the future, and sure enough, the preview confirms. I don't regularly follow Runaways — for some reason, neither the comics nor the TV show tickled my fancy, although I don't have a concrete reason why. The point is, I don't know what's happening in current Runaways comics, so I can't even guess why the story needs a Gertrude from the future.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #12

Marvel Comics | 32 pages | Teen | $3.99

Writer: Ethan Sacks | Art: Paolo Villanelli | Cover: Mattia De Iulis | Crimson variant: Mattia De Iulis | Empire Strikes Back variant: Chris Sprouse

Prelude To  War Of The Bounty Hunters: “The Threat In The Shadows”  

As VALANCE and his reluctant partner DENGAR race to intercept BOBA FETT and his precious cargo, who are the deadly pursuers that are after them? A dark secret from Valance’s past connection to HAN SOLO may get him killed all these years later. But who is the mysterious leader of an assassination squad that is driving Valance into a life-and-death confrontation with his old friend?

Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2021 Lucasfilm Ltd.

The Captain's comments:

Here's a reminder that it's Week 3 of "War of the Bounty Hunters."

Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Guide to Season One

Titan Comics | $19.99

This collector’s edition explores the debut season of the first live action Star Wars television series — Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

Join us as the Mandalorian, a ruthless bounty hunter, and the Child, his tiny companion, navigate a galaxy of rogues and smugglers at the heart of the critically-acclaimed Disney+ series.

With never-before-seen photographs, a complete episode guide, and a detailed behind-the-scenes look at how the show — and its iconic new characters — came to life, Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Guide to Season One is the indispensable volume for all Star Wars fans.

The Captain's comments:

As I've mentioned before, I like Star Wars well enough, but I'm not a fanatic about it. So a book like this wouldn't normally raise my Defcon level. But I really enjoyed The Mandalorian, and this looks pretty splashy and high end. I probably still won't get it, but you might.

Way of X #2Marvel Comics | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

Writer: Simon Spurrier | Art: Bob Quinn | Cover: Guiseppe Cammuncoli | Variant: Christian Ward

A Villain Revealed! The dark force hiding within Krakoa begins to show its true form. The answers are hidden … WITHIN THE MINDSCAPE. Kurt’s — and … others.

One of the most dangerous mutants is reborn!

The Captain's comments:

This sounds for all the world that they're resurrecting The Shadow King. But hasn't he — or at least Amahl Farouk — already been resurrected? I seem to remember him in New Mutants, getting his claws into the brains of some of the younger students. (He is not a nice man.)

Regardless, we've been kicking around on this board that there's something rotten in the state of Krakoa, and has been from the beginning, and it's beginning to look like we're right.

The Full List

BOOM! STUDIOS

Brzrkr (Berzerker) #1 4th Ptg

Brzrkr (Berzerker) #2 2nd Ptg

Jim Henson’s Storyteller: Tricksters #3 (of 4)

Lumberjanes Vol 18 TPB

Luna #4 (of 5)

Magic the Gathering #1 3rd Ptg

Many Deaths of Laila Starr #2 (of 5)

Orcs #4 (of 6)

Power Rangers #7

Power Rangers Vol 1 TPB

We Only Find Them When They’re Dead #6

DARK HORSE

Cojacaru the Skinner #2 (of 2)

Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair Vol 3   TPB

Far Cry Rite of Passage #1 (of 3)

Invisible Kingdom Vol 3: In Other Worlds

Neil Gaiman’s Library Edition Vol 3 HC

• Recommended!

Rangers of the Divide #1 (of 4)

DC COMICS

Batman/Fortnite #3

Catwoman #31

Dark Nights: Death Metal — War of the Multiverses

The Flash #770

Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy

Justice League #61

Justice League: Galaxy of Terrors

Legends of the Dark Knight #1

• Published digitally last month, this is the print version.

Looney Tunes #260

Nightwing #80

Shazam! The World's Mightiest Mortal Vol. 3

Superman: Red and Blue #3

Superman: Man of Steel Vol. 2 TPB

Truth & Justice #4

• Published digitally last month, this is the print version.

Wonder Girl #1

Young Justice Book 2: Growing Up

DYNAMITE

Sacred Six #9

Sonjaversal #4

Vengeance of Vampirella #18

IDW Publishing

Chained to the Grave #3 (of 5)

Godzilla; Monsters & Protectors #2

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #97

Sleeping Beauties #6 (of 10)

Star Trek Year Five #20 

TMNT: Best of Splinter

Transformers #29

Transformers: Escape #3 (of 5)

IMAGE COMICS

Geiger #1 3rd Ptg

Home #2 (of 5)

Home Sick Pilots Vol 1 TPB

Jules Verne’s Lighthouse #2 (of 5)

Kick-Ass: New Girl Vol 4 TPB

La Mano Del Destino TPB

Moonshine #25

Nomen Omen #15 (of 15)

Radiant Black #1 3rd Ptg

Radiant Black #2 3rd Ptg

Radiant Black #3 2nd Ptg

Radiant Black #4

Rain Like Hammers #5 (of 5)

Scumbag #8

Stillwater by Zdarsky & Perez #7

Stray Dogs #4

Sunstone Vol 7 OGN

Ultramega by James Harren #3

Walking Dead Deluxe #15

MARVEL COMICS

Acts of Vengeance: Spider-Man and X-Men TPB

Aliens Omnibus Vol 1 HC

Amazing Spider-Man #66

Avengers Epic Collection: A Traitor Stalks Among Us TPB

Black Knight: Curse of the Ebony Blade #3 (of 5)

Captain America #29

Captain Marvel vs Rogue TPB

Champions #7

Conan: Songs of Dead and Other Stories TPB

Daredevil #30

Fantastic Four: Life Story #1 (of 6)

Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes Complete Collection TPB

Heroes Reborn #3 (of 7)

Heroes Reborn: Magneto & The Mutant Force #1

Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters #1

Ka-Zar the Savage Omnibus HC

The Mighty Valkyries #2 (of 5)

MMW Brother Voodoo Vol 1 HC

• Kinda surprised there's enough Bronze Age Brother Voodoo to fill a book! But it should contain some vintange Gene Colan, if memory serves.

MMW Incredible Hulk Vol 15 HC

Power Man Iron Fist Epic Collection: Heroes for Hire New Ptg TPB

Runaways #36

Shang-Chi #1

• Now ongoing!

Silk #1 (of 5) 2nd Ptg

Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #12

Star Wars: High Republic #1 5th Ptg

Trials of Ultraman #3 (of 5)

Venomnibus Vol 1 New Ptg HC

Way of X #2

Wolverine #12

COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS

ACG Collected Works: Adventures into the Unknown Softee Vol 13

American Comic Book Chronicles 1950s HC

Anne Bonnie #10

Apocalypse 5000 one-shot

Archie & Friends: Superheroes #1

Archie Showcase Digest #3: Love Showdown

Autumnal #7

Avatar the Last Airbender: Screen Comix Vol 1 TPB

Beastars Vol 12 GN

Bequest #3

Black Friday #1 (of 3) 2nd Ptg

Blade Runner Origins #4

By the Horns #1 (of 7) 2nd Ptg

Byte-Sized TPB

Casagrandes Vol 1: Were All Familia GN

Cells at Work: Code Black Vol 7 GN

Chloe and Cartoon Vol 2: It’s a Cat Thing GN

Cimmerian: Iron Shadows in the Moon #2

• I still haven't received the first Cimmerian HC a month after ordering it, which is disturbing. But here's something cool: A John Byrne homage from Fantastic Four #245. They even attempted the same logo lettering style!

Crime Destroyer: True Till Death #1

Dan the Unharmable #1

Devil’s Dominion #4

Dirty Biology: X-Rated Story of the Science of Sex GN

Domino Lady: Threesome TPB

• Not as naughty as it sounds

Dragon Kingdom Of Wrenly Vol 3 Night Hunt GN

Dreaming Eagles TPB

Drifting Dragons Vol 8 GN

Engineward #10

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Vol 7 GN

Fictional Father TPB

Hell’s Paradise Jigokuraku Vol 8 GN

Honor and Curse #11

I Walk with Monsters #6

I’m the Hero but the Demon Lord’s Also Me Vol 1 GN

Jerusalem Chronicles: From the Holy City TPB

Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters #3

Kodt: Bundle of Trouble Vol 61 TPB

Levius Est Vol 8 GN

Manga Classics Othello TPB

Metabarons First Cycle GN

Minky Woodcock: The Girl Who Electrified Tesla #2

• Exactly as naughty as it looks

No Guns Life Vol 10 GN

Nottingham #3 (of 5)

OBE: Out of Body Experience #1 (of 4)

• The Order of the British Empire is already using OBE, so y'all are gonna have to get a new initialism.

Osaka Mime GN

Phantom on Scan #2

Pizza Punks GN

The Postman from Space 2: Biker Bandits GN

Prince Valiant HC Vol 23

PS Artbooks Classics: Sci Fi Comics Softee

PS Artbooks Classics: Science Fiction Comics Vol 1 HC

PS Artbooks Classics: Science Fiction Comics Slipcase Vol 1

Red Room #1

Redemption #4

Robyn Hood/Voodoo Dawn one-shot

Serpieri West Bilingual Collection

Sex Education 120 Percent Vol 1 GN

Shame Vol 5 (of 9) Hell’s Flaw GN

Sign of Affection Vol 2 GN

Silver Age Classics: Ghost Stories Vol HC

Silver Age Classics: Ghost Stories Slipcase Edition Vol 1

Silver Age Classics: Ghost Stories Softee Vol 1

Something’s Wrong with Us Vol 6 GN

Somnia GN

Stake #1 2nd Ptg

Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Guide to Season One

Steel Claw TPB

Strange Attractors (It’s Alive) #1

Those Not So Sweet Boys Vol 2 GN

Three Stooges Vol 1 TPB

Truly Tyler GN

Undone by Blood Other Side of Eden #3

Urusei Yatsura Vol 10 GN

Vietnam Horror #3

Wailing Blade Vol 1 Headtaker TPB

Way of the Househusband Vol 5 GN

We Live Vol 1 TPB

White Lily #3

X-O Manowar Vol 1 TPB

Zom 100 Bucket List of the Dead Vol 2 GN

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY: I'll be buying this one, not so much because of what's been done with the FF in recent years, but because of how much I enjoyed Spider-Man: Life Story last year. 

LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT: I'll be trying this one simply because I miss Batman.

"Marvel has been watering down Mjolnir's unique nature and status, even allowing Venom to wield it recently."

I didn't need to know that. I hope you're kidding but I know you're not. 

• RED ROOM: I just finished reading it.

"I guess if you liked [Ed Piskor's] other work you will be inclined to enjoy this."

Not necessarily, no.

"It's described as a creator-owned, shared universe, which I assume means other creators will be involved."

Actually, it's another way of saying, "These are... stand alone stories that are all part of a larger, twisted narrative.”

The Captain's comments:

• Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Marvel has been watering down Mjolnir's unique nature and status, even allowing Venom to wield it recently."

I didn't need to know that. I hope you're kidding but I know you're not. 

Sadly, I'm not.

• The Shang-Chi preview is mega-charming.

This reply was deleted.