ALL NEW FIREFLY #4

KILLER: AFFAIRS OF STATE #4

MAGIC: HIDDEN PLANESWALKER #2

POWER RANGERS UNIVERSE #6

SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #23

VAMPIRE SLAYER (BUFFY) #2

DARK HORSE COMICS

ANDRZEJ SAPKOWSKI’S THE WITCHER: A GRAIN OF TRUTH HC

9281144268?profile=RESIZE_710xStory Andrzej Sapkowski, Jacek Rembis| Art:  Jonas Scharf | Cover:  Kai Carpenter | $17.99

Dark Horse is pleased to reveal the graphic novel adaption of Andrzej Sapkowski's acclaimed short story collection! With script adaptation by Jacek Rembiś (Frostpunk) and Travis Currit (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The Witcher: Curse of Crows, The Witcher: Of Flesh and Flame), art by Jonas Scharf (Bone Parish, War for the Planet of the Apes), and cover by Kai Carpenter, the graphic novels begin Spring 2022 with The Witcher: A Grain of Truth.

Geralt’s encounter with a beast reveals the truth behind fairy tales in this graphic novel adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski's original short story, "A Grain of Truth."

The famed witcher Geralt takes a shortcut down a beaten path where he makes a grim discovery of two corpses. Backtracking their trail, he’s led to a derelict mansion adorned with a rare elegance he can’t ignore. Geralt is met with the mansion’s owner — not quite human, but a beast with the faculties of a man. Unfazed by his monstrous appearance and displays of aggression, the beast invites him inside. A kind, but wary host, he shares stories of his family, his life ... and his curse. If the weight of his misdeeds could condemn him to the body of a beast — a retribution spoken of only in fairy tales, could there be another grain of truth in these tales of fantasy — one that could help him elude his fate and lead him to salvation?

• I'm not sure that I really enjoy the TV series that much, but it feels like I should. So I went and got the first Witcher Library Edition from Dark Horse, which is in my To-Read pile. This isn't the second volume, although it is trying to trick me into thinking it is. But I will not be fooled!

THE ART OF TROVER SAVES THE UNIVERSE HC

8494962484?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Squanch Games | 160 pages | $39.99

Save the universe! Save your dogs! Take your chair to the streets and follow Trover throughout the cosmos as you battle your way through hordes of clones on your quest to stop Glorkon!

This freaky and awesome hardcover art book is the perfect companion to Squanch Games’s first full length game! Feast your eye holes on page after page of crazy concept art and intimate commentary!

Dark Horse Books and Squanch Games invite you to experience Trover in a whole new dimension with The Art of Trover Saves the Universe, the most bizarre and hilarious art book ever created! Or don’t. Whatever. Who are we to tell you what to do?     

In Trover Saves the Universe, which is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest and PC, the cosmos is at stake, and it’s up to you and Trover to save everything. Travel the universe with Trover, controlling his every move, and work together to save your dogs from a beaked monster, fight aliens across creative levels and make questionable choices along the way.

• I don't understand the appeal of this, but hey, I've always said there should be a lot of comics out there not aimed at me, and now there are.

BPRD: THE DEVIL YOU KNOW TPB

BRITISH PARANORMAL SOCIETY: TIME OUT OF MIND #2

COLLECTOR: UNIT 731 #2

EC ARCHIVES: VAULT OF HORROR VOL 2 TPB

HELLBOY & BPRD: NIGHT OF THE CYCLOPS ONE-SHOT

10482776858?profile=RESIZE_710x10482777274?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Mike Mignola, Olivier Vatine | Art/Cover: Olivier Vatine | Variant: Mike Mignola | $3.99

Just as he finishes up one job in Greece, Hellboy is detoured into another adventure by ... a goat? Join Hellboy in a strange hidden land of treachery and togas as he takes on the wrath of a jealous god.

Featuring the storytelling genius of Mike Mignola and Olivier Vatine, with art by Vatine and letters by Clem Robins, the Mignolaverse meets classical mythology in this new one-shot!

• Hellboy is always a must-read.

MINECRAFT: WITHER WITHOUT YOU VOL 3 TPB

PEARL III #1 (OF 6)

10143228465?profile=RESIZE_710x10143229100?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Brian Michael Bendis | Art/Cover: Michael Gaydos | Variant: Peach Momoko | $3.99

The New York Times bestselling, Peabody, and multi-Eisner award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis (Joy Operations, Superman) and superstar Jessica Jones co-creator Michael Gaydos (The New Avengers, Powerless) continue their masterful saga involving art, crime, loyalty and passion.     

A brand new (yes, all new!) chapter in the tattoo artist/yakuza assassin/romantic odyssey, Pearl. That’s right: the critically-acclaimed Jinxworld title makes its Dark Horse debut with a brand-new chapter in the wild life of Pearl Tanaka.

Pearl is a unique experience about an artist discovering the secrets of the modern yakuza world she was born into, through no fault of her own. After finding out the truth about her parents in previous volumes, the question now is: WHO IS THE GHOST DRAGON OF SAN FRANCISCO?

Get caught up on every beautiful, fully-painted page of the book that Comic Watch, AIPT, Comicosity, Comicsverse all gave a 10/10.

Praise for Joy Operations:

“Brian Michael Bendis and Stephen Byrne are a fantastic team, dealing out an engaging new original comic that combines the strengths of both creators.” — Comics Bookcase

“Byrne delivers some awesome visuals throughout the issue. The futuristic look of the world is stunning and definitely draws the eye of the reader.” — The Super Powered Fancast

Joy Operations #1 is an intriguing start to a new sci-fi series. With Bendis at the helm, there will certainly be more surprises to come.” — CBR

• So the Bendis Jinxworld titles come a-thundering in. I may try them, now that they're more accessible.

SCARLET TPB

9823278858?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Brian Michael Bendis | Art/Cover: Alex Maleev | $29.99

Coming off the recent announcement that Brian Michael Bendis would be bringing his Jinxworld imprint and new comics exclusively to Dark Horse Comics, the expansion of the line continues with brand new collections of two classic Jinxworld titles — Scarlet and Torso!    

Scarlet, written by Brian Michael Bendis and illustrated by Alex Maleev, is about a young woman pushed to the edge by a world filled by police brutality, government corruption and unspeakable crimes. After a mysterious murder and a near-death experience, Scarlet Rue wakes from a coma with her world shattered. Fueled by rage, guilt, and her vision of a better future; she takes the fight to her oppressors ... and anyone else who gets in her way. Striking back against the corrupt cops who tore her life apart and sparks an uprising in this all too real tale of power, corruption and lies.

Complete with behind-the-scenes material, sketches and design concepts from both Bendis and Maleev, this collection is the definitive omnibus of their fearless political thriller set in the seedy underbelly of Portland, Oregon. The Scarlet trade paperback will collect all 15 issues of the entire Scarlet series.

• Ditto.

TARZAN: THE NEW ADVENTURES HC

10505259061?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Roy Thomas | Art: Gallego, Benito | Art/Cover: Thomas Grindberg | $24.99

Previously available only to subscribers of the Edgar Rice Burroughs website, Tarzan: The New Adventures is at last available in print. This incarnation of the Jungle Lord is presented in Sunday newspaper landscape format with all-new stories penned by comics legend Roy Thomas (Conan the Barbarian, Avengers, X-Men) with stunning illustration by Thomas Grindberg-whose work stands alongside classic Tarzan illustrators such as Hal Foster, J. Allen St. John, and Frank Frazetta. No Tarzan comics collection is complete without Tarzan: The New Adventures.

• Oh, dear. I didn't know this existed. But now that I do, I have to read it.

DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #1043

AQUAMEN #4

BATMAN: BEYOND THE WHITE KNIGHT #3 (OF 8)

BATMAN: FORTRESS #1 (OF 8)

10143222254?profile=RESIZE_710x10143222667?profile=RESIZE_710x10143222688?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Gary Whitta | Art: Darick Robertson | Darick Robertson, Doaly | $3.99

When an unknown alien ship enters Earth’s atmosphere, disrupting global power and communications and plunging the planet into chaos, the world is left wondering … where is Superman when he is needed most? In the mysterious absence of the Last Son of Krypton, Batman must rally the rest of the Justice League to counter the alien threat … but first, he must quell a crime wave on the blacked-out streets of Gotham! Gary Whitta (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) and Darick Robertson (The Boys) join forces to turn everything you think you know about Superman upside down in DC’s new comic book miniseries Batman: Fortress launching this May!

“This has been my first opportunity to collaborate with my Oliver co-creator Gary Whitta for DC, on a character that is one of my all-time favorites to draw,” says Robertson. “I'm having the best time creating the art for this series and with my pal and original The Boys editor, Ben Abernathy at the helm, it's been a dream project, with a lot of fun twists and surprises ahead for the readers!”

“It’s always been my dream to write a truly epic Batman story, one that draws inspiration from some dark and unexpected corners of the DC universe,” says Whitta. “The opportunity to once again collaborate with my friend Darick Robertson makes this all the sweeter. I hope that together we’ve done justice to some of DC’s most iconic characters, while at the same time reinventing everything you thought you knew about them …”

• Now that Batman has the Fortress, is he ever gonna give it back? I mean, it's the perfect gift for the man who has everything ...  from Earth.
  • This really sounds like a Justice League story, but I guess it sells better if you label it a Batman story.

10505940070?profile=RESIZE_710x10505939892?profile=RESIZE_710x10505940253?profile=RESIZE_710x10505940094?profile=RESIZE_710xDC VS. VAMPIRES: HUNTERS #1 ONE-SHOT

10482793484?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Matthew Rosenberg | Art: Neil Googe | Cover: Jonboy Meyers | $3.99

A blood-soaked one-shot tale of vampire violence! The Son of Batman, after years of training to be an assassin, is on a path toward utter destruction of the vampire race. … Enter Damian Wayne: vampire hunter!

• Oh, dang, now I'm gonna have to get the collection. Love that boy's 'tude.
  • Yes, that cover below is an homage to Robin #1 (1991).

10505940864?profile=RESIZE_710x10505941055?profile=RESIZE_710x10505940882?profile=RESIZE_710x10505941454?profile=RESIZE_710x10505941464?profile=RESIZE_710x10505941476?profile=RESIZE_710xDEATHSTROKE INC. #9

DETECTIVE COMICS #1060

HARLEY QUINN #15

ROBIN #14

SWAMP THING #13 (OF 16)

TASK FORCE Z #8

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #15

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

ALTERED CARBON: ONE LIFE, ONE DEATH HC

10482780256?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Richard K. Morgan, Scott Bryan Wilson | Art/Cover: Max Fuchs | $24.99

From the world of the best-selling trilogy of books and the hit Netflix show comes a new chapter in the ALTERED CARBON universe! In the future, bodies can be changed like clothes, giving life an entirely new meaning — or lack of meaning.

Takeshi Kovacs-once a member of the Envoy Corps, the elite, deadly troops of the Interstellar Earth Protectorate — now finds himself imprisoned ... both in a jail and in an extremely weak body. When he learns that Envoys he served with in a battle he somehow can't remember have been stolen and sold to one of the richest people in the universe, Kovacs vows to rescue them and get revenge. Leaving behind a staggering body count as he blazes across the galaxy, he wonders why he has a hole in his memory ... and what secrets that gap holds for understanding his future and himself.

ALTERED CARBON writer/creator RICHARD K. MORGAN is joined by writer SCOTT BRYAN WILSON (Batman Annual, Batman: Gotham Nights) and artist MAX FUCHS (Halcyon Days) to deliver the original graphic novel ALTERED CARBON: ONE LIFE, ONE DEATH, a violent, galaxy-spanning adventure of prison breaks, political intrigue, and sinister machinations.

• Boy, the second season of that show really ran off the rails, didn't it?

ELVIRA IN HORRORLAND #1

10482783463?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: David Avallone | Art: Silvia Califano | Cover: Dave Acosta | $3.99

Elvira is back, and she's going PSYCHO!

The Mistress of the Dark has discovered that films create their own pocket dimensions, and now she's lost in the Multiverse of Movies! Will she find her way home, or is it just a big Hitchcock-tease? Join writer David Avallone (Elvira Meets Vincent Price, Bettie Page: Unbound) and artist Silvia Califano (the upcoming "Death of Elvira") for a comic you shouldn't show mother: she just goes a little mad sometimes.

All the fun, thrills and spills under a series of amazing covers by returning artists Dave Acosta, John Royle, series artist Califano, and an amazing Elvira photo cover!

"Once again David Avallone proves to be a master of pulp storytelling as well as the double entendre. He captures Elvira's personality brilliantly and pretty much every interaction that she has is brilliantly written. Overall. Brilliant fun." — SciFiPulse.net

David Avallone is a freelancer from a long line of freelancers, born to a pulp fiction writer (Michael Avallone) and women's rights activist (Frances Avallone).

Since graduating from Bard College in 1987, David has been involved mostly in independent film production (as a writer, editor, director, producer, actor, etc.). In 2014 he branched out into comic book writing, mostly with Dynamite Comics. With them, he's written LEGENDERRY: VAMPIRELLA, TWILIGHT ZONE: THE SHADOW, DOC SAVAGE: RING OF FIRE, BETTIE PAGE and ELVIRA: MISTRESS OF THE DARK.  For American Mythology, he's written ZORRO: SWORDS OF BLOOD, and for Kevin Eastman Studios he's writing DRAWING BLOOD and THE RADICALLY REARRANGED RONIN RAGDOLLS.

• Everybody's into the multiverse these days.

JOHN CARTER OF MARS #2

NANCY DREW & HARDY BOYS DEATH OF NANCY DREW GN

RED SONJA (2021) #9

SHEENA: QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE #6

IDW PUBLISHING

GODZILLA VS MMPR #3

MY LITTLE PONY #1

10137354663?profile=RESIZE_710x10137354476?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Celeste Bronfman | Art: Amy Mebberson | Covers: Amy Mebberson, JustaSuta, Brianna Garcia | $3.99

Following in the hoofprints of their beloved, long-running Friendship Is Magic, IDW is proud to debut a new ongoing monthly comic book series with My Little Pony #1 in May, featuring the Mane 5 characters popularized by the 2021 Netflix film, My Little Pony: A New Generation!

The new My Little Pony series welcomes back two Friendship Is Magic alumnae to kick off the new adventure: Celeste Bronfman, an award-winning writer for television’s Degrassi and Big Top Academy, and prolific comic artist and Hasbro toy designer Amy Mebberson.

Join Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, Zipp Storm, Pipp Petals, Hitch Trailblazer and their trusty sidekick Cloudpuff as they explore a brand new Equestria following the magical events of the hit movie! With magic returned to Equestria, the ponies are more united than ever — at least until one of the Unity Crystals is stolen! Can the Mane 5 find the culprit before magic is gone for good? And could it really be that their pet Pomeranian is leading them to the city of Canterlot of Friendship Is Magic fame?

“Writing for this new incarnation of My Little Pony has been an incredible experience! With the phenomenal team at IDW, we’ve created a series that speaks to the power of embracing what makes each of us unique and stays true to the heart and passion of Friendship Is Magic. I can’t wait for a new generation of fans to set off on epic adventures with these new characters and feel honored to be part of it!” says Bronfman.

“I am thrilled and delighted to return to My Little Pony at IDW with ‘a new generation’ of comics. As a fan since the very first generation, I am honored to continue to be part of the MLP legacy with this wonderful new cast from Hasbro, who are just a blast to draw. Celeste Bronfman and I hope to bring you an epic story spanning two generations, proving that the eternal powers of love and friendship are never far away to help heal grief into strength and loss into joy once again,” says Mebberson.

“This is the perfect jumping-on point for new fans and the kind of expansion to Equestria that will dazzle longtime readers,” says editor Jonathan Manning. “It’s been such a pleasure to work with Celeste and Amy to get to know our new Mane 5. These new characters represent how evergreen this amazing franchise is, and how adaptable to new audiences. There’s something here for everyone.”

• Here's another book/concept whose appeal I find baffling. But as I said above, it's good that there are books I DON'T want. Because it means a broader audience for comics and, presumably, a healthier industry.

TMNT #129

TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS #16

TRANSFORMERS: WAR’S END #4

USAGI YOJIMBO: LONE GOAT & KID #5

IMAGE COMICS

ADVENTUREMAN #9

ARROWSMITH #5

BLOOD-STAINED TEETH #2

DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #18

GUNSLINGER SPAWN #8

HELLCOP #7

ICE CREAM MAN #30

IMAGE 30TH ANNV ANTHOLOGY #2

KILLADELPHIA #22

KING SPAWN VOL 1 TPB

MAGIC: ORDER VOL 2 TPB

MONSTRESS #40

MURDER FALCON DELUXE EDITION HC

NEWBURN #7

RADIANT RED #3

ROGUE SUN #4

SAGA #59

STILLWATER BY ZDARSKY & PEREZ #13

10407941466?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Chip Zdarsky | Art: Mike Spicer | Art/Cover: Ramon K. Perez | $3.99

It's all been leading up to this.

Today Image/Skybound revealed a first look at Stillwater By Zdarsky & Pérez #13, kicking off the final story arc of the hit series from the Eisner Award-nominated team of writer Chip Zdarsky, artist Ramón K Pérez, colorist Mike Spicer, and letterer Rus Wooton.

The rules have changed. Daniel now holds a special place in Stillwater. Can Galen’s hold onto the town stand up to a new challenger?

“This creative team has created something truly special that delivers with every single issue, leaving you wanting more in the best way possible of this deeply fleshed-out world.” — Comicon

Stillwater remains a taut thriller and where it goes next under its current leadership offers a thrilling proposition.” — ComicBook.com 

“Do yourself a favor and check out Chip’s creator-owned work. You’ll get the bonus treat of artwork by the talented Ramón K Pérez. If you even marginally like a spooky small-town mystery, this is a great one.” — Multiversity Comics

• I keep meaning to start this series, and now it's about to end. Anybody out there reading it, and care to recommend it?

10407941280?profile=RESIZE_710x10407941690?profile=RESIZE_710x10407941856?profile=RESIZE_710xUNNATURAL BLUE BLOOD #1

10482789469?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Mirka Andolfo | Art: Ivan Bigarella | Cover: Mirka Andolfo | $3.99

NEW STORY ARC

UNNATURAL IS BACK! Three years after acclaimed creator MIRKA ANDOLFO's first blockbuster, Leslie and Khal return for a thrilling new adventure!

A few years have passed since Leslie saved the world from hidden dangers and came to understand her true nature in the process. Everything seems to be working out — and not just for Leslie and her newly formed family, but for the rest of the world as well.

But appearances can be deceiving. A new threat is about to disrupt Leslie's peaceful existence, and once again, her life will never be the same.

Don't miss this new limited series written by MIRKA ANDOLFO, illustrated by celebrated artist IVAN BIGARELLA, and periodically featuring original artwork from MIRKA herself!

10483590464?profile=RESIZE_710x10483590289?profile=RESIZE_710x10483590670?profile=RESIZE_710x10483590495?profile=RESIZE_710x

10483590693?profile=RESIZE_710x10483591086?profile=RESIZE_710x10483590453?profile=RESIZE_710xZVRC ZOMBIES VS. ROBOTS CLASSIC #3

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN STRACZYNSKI OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

AVENGERS #56

BLACK WIDOW BY KELLY THOMPSON VOL 3: DIE BY THE BLADE TPB

CAPTAIN CARTER #3

DEMON DAYS TREASURY EDITION TPB

DEVIL’S REIGN: OMEGA #1

10032995899?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Chip Zdarsky & More | Art By Rafael De Latorre & More | Cover: Inhyuk Lee | $4.99

Spinning out of Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL, DEVIL’S REIGN is taking the Marvel Universe by storm, ushering in significant changes to your favorite heroes and villains! The impact of this Marvel Comics crossover will be fully explored in May with DEVIL’S REIGN: OMEGA #1, the event’s finale issue.

In the wake of one of the most visceral Marvel stories ever, New York City stands remade and reforged — if not in Wilson Fisk’s image, then at the very least in his spirit. After a battle that nearly tore the city and its citizens apart, New York’s Super Heroes have no choice but to try to adapt to the new and dangerous paradigm they find themselves operating under — with eight million people turned against them! The shocking outcome to Marvel’s NYC mayoral race, the fate of Elektra as the Woman Without Fear, and more exciting developments will emerge from the ashes of Kingpin’s takeover.

With stories by Zdarsky, artist Rafael De Latorre, and many more, DEVIL’S REIGN: OMEGA #1 will be an essential issue for readers eager to see the beginning of the next eras of Daredevil, Elektra, Kingpin and the new Thunderbolts.

• This has been delayed a while. Glad I was tradewaiting.

10505265089?profile=RESIZE_710x10505265653?profile=RESIZE_710x10505265680?profile=RESIZE_710x10505265491?profile=RESIZE_710x10505266081?profile=RESIZE_710x10505266094?profile=RESIZE_710xHULK #7

INCREDIBLE HULK BY PETER DAVID OMNIBUS VOL 4 HC

• Another long delayed item.

LEGION OF X #1

9991757288?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Si Spurrier | Art: Jan Bazaldua | Cover: Dike Ruan | Variant: Bob Quinn | $4.99

The mutant nation of Krakoa will thrive like never before in DESTINY OF X, the new era of X-Men kicking off this spring. But beneath the surface of this mutant paradise, troubling questions still remain. Krakoa has its laws — but does it have justice? Writer Si Spurrier and artist Jan Bazaldua will tackle this question and more in LEGION OF X, a new X-Men ongoing series launching in April.

Known for mindbending work on titles such as X-MEN LEGACY and X-FORCE, Spurrier returns to the saga he planted in WAY OF X with a brand-new team of mutant favorites ready to bring peace, love and justice to Krakoa, teaming up with Bazaldua whose stunning artwork perfectly captures both the beauty and mystery of Krakoa. Fans can expect to see some of the most dangerous internal threats Krakoa’s faced to date, ones that only the Legion of X are equipped to handle.

To remain a mutant sanctuary, Krakoa must safeguard itself against those who would damage its peace or traumatize its people. The lost must be found, and the wicked must face redemption — or retribution. It’s up to the ever-soulful swashbuckler Nightcrawler to keep the spark alive and the omega-level mutant Legion to host a unique team in the psychedelic mindspace called the Altar. With a host of X-Favorites on the beat including magical young X-Man Pixie, one-man riot squad Juggernaut, the recently-returned and ever-mysterious Blindfold, the X-Men’s resident super genius Dr. Nemesis, and more, the Legion of X will do anything to protect mutants’ right to pursue happiness and hope. The team will come out of the gate with some of the most intense missions Krakoa has faced to date including a hunt for a missing Arakkii god, a skinjacker possessing innocent mutants, and a villain worth praying for. … Prepare to meet these exciting new additions to the X-Men’s iconic rogues gallery as LEGION OF X bares mutantkind’s heart and soul!

Here's what Spurrier had to say about his latest X-Men venture:

“I’ve wanted to do a precinct-style ensemble story since I first read HOUSE OF X. For the first time, the Marvel Universe has this densely packed, beautiful (and beautifully volatile) population of superhumans, out in the open, all in one place. It needs peacekeepers, sure … but it’s a mistake to think of them as simply cops. You don’t get far in Krakoa if the limit of your imagination is beating people up or reaching for a gun. Mutant civilization needs those who think differently.

“That’s where Nightcrawler, Legion, Pixie and Juggernaut come in — along with a rotating cast of your favorite mutants and non-mutants. And a couple of new faces you're going to want to watch very, very closely ...

“I couldn’t be prouder to be helming this new title, with the incredible Jan Bazaldua doing the work of her life. It’s no secret that the writers of the X-office have formed one of the tightest cells of additive cross-title creativity in our industry. It’s no exaggeration to say that the events you’ll encounter in LEGION OF X are dominoes being flipped whose chains of repercussion will feed the greatest earthquake in modern comicdom, which is rumbling devastatingly down the pipe towards you even now ...”

• Here's one more reason I'm dropping the X-line as it transitions into the Second Krakoan Age. I duly enjoyed the First Age, as it was a major — and successful — change in premise. And it was supposed to end, which would make it a complete story. But it was so successful, Marvel is extending it. And that's basically a bait and switch, which annoys me, but moreover I think the new premise is played out. I don't want to read a book that stars Legion and Nightcrawler "in the psychedelic mindscape." Nightcrawler just doesn't fit in the Krakoan world, and this looks a square-peg/round-hole attempt to use him anyway.
  • I may be back when they wrap up the Krakoa storyline, if they do. Or I may not.

10505266496?profile=RESIZE_710x10505267283?profile=RESIZE_710x10505266895?profile=RESIZE_710x10505267481?profile=RESIZE_710x

9991761456?profile=RESIZE_710xMILES MORALES VOL 7: BEYOND TPB

MOON KNIGHT #11

PUNISHER #3

SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN #3

SPIDER-MAN 2099 EXODUS #1

10482792874?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Steve Orlando | Art: Dave Wachter | COver: Ryan Stegman | Teen | $3.99

INTRODUCING THE WINTER SOLDIER OF 2099!

After a massive CELESTIAL body crashes into the Wastelands outside of Nueva York, a new Garden of Eden erupts from the crash site, offering unimaginable power. And it's not just THE CABAL who is hungry to control the Garden. Everyone's got something to gain from Paradise ... including WINTER SOLDIER 13. Salvaged from the black market as a child, the Winter Soldier — raised on mad science — is bent on vengeance and rebirth. But what truly lies within the Garden?

• As I said when this storyline began, Spider-Man 2099 is undoubtedly the best 2099 character. But that's a really, really low bar.

10505269096?profile=RESIZE_710x10505269300?profile=RESIZE_710x10505269682?profile=RESIZE_710x10505270279?profile=RESIZE_710x10505270298?profile=RESIZE_710x

MORE FIRST ISSUES

5 BULLETS 6 MEN ONE-SHOT

10499081685?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Todd Black | Cover: Joshua Werner | Art/Cover: Alex Garcia | Source Point Press | Mature | $9.99

A city known for crime, a crime that will shape the city. Five men, all rulers of the underworld, are dead. Shot in a crowded room, yet no one knows who did it. A detective must find the truth, and unravel the mystery of the sixth man.

• Can't say I'm impressed with the cover art.

BILLY THE KIT VOL 1 TPB

10499082467?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Justin Gray | Art/Cover: Barry McClain | Blue Juice Comics | $19.99

The Wild West has never been wilder! Introducing Billy the Kit, a gunslinging rabbit seeking revenge against the Tornado God that killed his family. Why was this sickly, skinny rabbit spared such a gruesome fate? What makes him so special? With the help of Luther the Goat, a profanity-spewing martial arts master, Billy relies on faith, magical firearms, and Kung Fu to wage war against the pagan gods and monsters of a bygone era. Co-created by Ringo Award-winning writer Justin Gray (Jonah Hex) and artist Barry McClain Jr. (Anne Bonnie), with digital paints by Slamet Mujiono (Flash Gordon).

• I want a crossover with Usagi Yojimbo!

BLACK HOPS HOPOCALYPSE NOW ONE-SHOT

10499082684?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Mark Pellegrini | Art: Timonthy Lim | Antarctic Press | $6.99

The irradiated rabbit commando U.S.A.-*-G.I. is back for more high-stakes military action! Tasked with infiltrating a castle crawling with enemy soldiers, the Black Hops special mission force of U.S.A.-*-G.I., Patriot-R, Rigor-Tortoise, and their human handler, Penelope Freling, will have to fight their way to a rematch with the mercenary Hare Trigger. But the insidious mastermind Apex Moth may be working more angles than the heroes suspect!

• More bunnies, I think.
  • I wonder how you pronounce "U.S.A.-*-G.I."

CIH PRESENTS ALIEN LIFE ONE-SHOT

• More offensive material from Dave Sim. The cover depicts Cerebus raping a seal. I kid thee not.

DISTURBED: DARK MESSIAH #1 (OF 5)

10499083084?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Tim Seeley | Art: Angel Hernandez | Cover: Ryan Christensen | Opus Comics | $4.99

In the not so distant future, firefighter Griffin DeSanto has found himself a man out of time, stumbling into a harsh world of poverty, automation, and subjugation. Technology rules and a tech empire built on suffering keeps the population in check through surveillance and mechanized policing. Though lost, Griffin is never alone, he was brought here for a reason, and The Vengeful One is his guide. Conceived by Disturbed with Tim Seeley and Llexi Leon, Dark Messiah features writing by Seeley, the New York Times-bestselling creator of Hack/Slash, interior art by Angel Hernandez (Blade Runner), colors by Fran Gamboa, and covers by Ryan Christensen.

EDGAR ALLEN POE’s THE CONQUEROR WORM ONE-SHOT

10499083487?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Edgar Allan Poe | Art/Cover: Clara Meath | CEX Publishing | Mature | $3.99

In a visual adaptation of Edgar Allen Poe's famous text, throngs of angels gather to witness a metaphysical performance of good and evil. But the play becomes all too real when humanity releases the ultimate destructive power. Artist Clara Meath brings "The Conqueror Worm" to the comics page in this lush and stunningly gorgeous one-shot!

• I read all of Poe in middle school, and have never re-visited this particular poem, once I got the point. ("We're all gonna die.") It's a little one-note, and I have no idea how you turn it into a full story. Also, if memory serves, there was an unrelated horror movie of the same name. And a Hellboy miniseries!

FOX AND HARE #1

10253462886?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Jonathan Tsuei | Art/Cover: Stacey Lee | Vault | $4.99

Vault is thrilled to present a preview of the phenomenal cyberpunk series FOX AND HARE, co-created by writer Jon Tsuei and artist Stacey Lee.

When black market coder Aurora Yi uncovers top secret data that has tapped into the past lives of the citizens of Mazu Bay, her world is turned upside down. The mega corporation Synastry Designs wants its data back and is hot on her trail. Aurora has no choice but to turn to the Fox and the Hare, the most feared mercenaries in the city, for protection. Rebellion. Reclamation. Rebirth.

FOX AND HARE is co-created by writer Jon Tsuei (Sera and the Royal Stars, Run Love Kill), and artist Stacey Lee (Marvel's Silk, The Unstoppable Wasp, Gwenpool), with colors by Raúl Angulo (Sera and the Royal Stars), letters by Jim Campbell (Barbaric, Giant Days), design by Tim Daniel, and a full-series variant run by Yoshi Yoshitani. 

“I've always been drawn to the cyberpunk genre, but I never saw myself represented in those stories, despite their heavy usage of Asian aesthetics," said Jon Tsuei. "I began to wonder, what if Asian people reclaimed the aesthetics of cyberpunk and centered ourselves in the narrative? As I spent time with that question, I realized that it wasn't enough to just place Asian faces in the story. We also had to reframe the themes of new technology (cyber) and rebellion (punk) through an Asian lens.That's exactly what you'll get with FOX AND HARE. The protagonists of our story are rebelling against the status quo of their world just as much as we, the creators, are rebelling against the status quo of the cyberpunk genre. Our characters are reclaiming something that was taken from them just as we are reclaiming something taken from us. Stacey Lee and I are mirroring the path that the Fox and the Hare are walking, we're just doing it in different worlds. Aside from the statement we're making about the genre itself, we're telling a character driven story about love, justice and rebirth. This world is something very special to me and I hope it can be just as special to those who read our story.”

• It must be Bunny Week, and nobody told me.

10253462896?profile=RESIZE_710x10253463259?profile=RESIZE_710x10253463471?profile=RESIZE_710x10253463297?profile=RESIZE_710x10253463665?profile=RESIZE_710x10253463860?profile=RESIZE_710x10253463691?profile=RESIZE_710xGOOD BOY VOL 2 #1

10499168901?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Garrett Gunn, Christina Blanch | Art/Cover: Kit Wallis | Source Point Press | $3.99

With revenge in his rearview mirror, Flint heads for The Farm; a peaceful community for retired and deactivated Guild members. But his dreams are short-lived when he finds the facility in rubble after an attack by a mysterious canine named Tucker who will stop at NOTHING to repay a decades old vengeful debt.

• I would like to think that if I was murdered, my dogs would vow to avenge my death. But they'd probably just take a nap.

I GOT A CHEAT SKILL IN ANOTHER WORLD AND BECAME UNRIVIALED IN THE REAL WORLD, TOO VOL 1 GN

10499239683?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Miku | Art: Kazoumi Minatogawa, Rein Kuwashima | Yen Press | $13.00

Yuuya Tenjou was 15 years old and bullied since he was little—just for being ugly. But one day, he found a door to another world. Traveling between an alternate reality and the real world, Yuya turns his life around!

IN THE LAND OF LEADALE VOL 1 GN

10499240267?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Ceez | Art: Dashio Tsukimi | $13.00

Keina Kagami's life ended when a power outage caused her life support to fail...and thus begins her new life two centuries later in the world of her favorite VRMMORPG, Leadale. She is now Cayna, her high elf game avatar, and several things about this version of Leadale are familiar: its abundant nature, clear blue sky, and even some of the NPCs she created. But the question remains-what has happened over the past two hundred years...?

LONESOME VOL 1: PREACHER’S TRAIL

10499240097?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art/Cover: Yves Swolfs | Cinebook | $13.95

Kansas, 1861. As tensions rise between the Northern and Southern states, a fanatical, violent preacher leaves a trail of corpses behind him, all the while calling people to take up arms against pro-slavery states. Close on his tail is a lone rider with a strange gift: he can read the past and future of those he touches. In the small town of Holton, a showdown is brewing, but things aren't as straightforward as they seem... The first volume of a Western with supernatural overtones.

• I think Europeans like Westerns more than we do.

LOST LAD LONDON VOL 1 GN

10499240488?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Shinya Shima | Yen Press | $15.00

A murder on the London Underground and a mysterious bloody knife draw a regular university student and a grizzled New Scotland Yard detective into a web of crime and suspense...

LADY DEATH: SACRIFICIAL ANNIHILATION #1 (OF 2)

10499241086?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Brian Pulido, Mike MacLean | Art: Diego Bernard | Cover: Paolo Pantalena | Coffin Comics | $5.99

Deathocalypse, an official year-long company-wide event unfolds here! Heroes have fallen. Cities lay under siege. And swarms of progeny fill the skies, blotting out the sun. It seems no one can stand against the awesome power of Insurrectus. Bred to destroy worlds, the ruthless tyrant now sets his sights beyond Earth, commanding vicious hordes to invade every corner of the Infinityverse. Humanity's only hope lies in Hell's most fearsome warrior witch - Lady Death! There can be only two outcomes for our deadly diva: victory or total Deathocalypse!

• Deathocalypse? Didn’t Image already do that? Or Continuity Comics? Or O.G Valiant? I'm sure somebody has.

THE MAGICAL REVOLUTION OF REINCARNATION PRINCESS & GENIUS YOIUNG LADY VOL 1 GN

10499241499?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Piero Karasu | Art: Yuri Kisaragi | Yen Press | $13.00

"If I could use magic, I would fly in the sky. ..." Unable to use magic, Princess Annisphia of the Kingdom of Palettia uses memories of her past life to create the new field of "magicology," and make her dreams come true. While test-flying her new witch's broom, she happens across Euphilia, a magical genius having her engagement unjustly and publicly broken off. Seeing the tears in Euphilia's eyes, Annisphia hatches a plan to kidnap the girl and take her home! 

MONSTABOO VOL 1 GN

10499241892?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Yuuya Takahashi | Art: Tali | Yen Press | $13.00

Ever since a monster killed her mother, Maruka has recklessly sought them out with a death wish. But when the first monster she runs into defies her expectations, not only does Maruka end up fighting alongside him — she asks him to be her boyfriend!

• This sounds like a very confused young lady.

MYTHS & LEGENDS QUARTERLY

10499242877?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Dave Franchini, David Wohl | Cover: Igor Vitorino | Zenescope | 72 pages | $8.99

The war raging in the shadows of the Grimm Universe leaves no one unaffected, including ex genie and fire-dagger wielding heroine, Jasmine. She was on the front lines of the initial attack and hasn't been seen since that first strike.

Lost and separated from her friends, she finds herself back inside the last place she ever wanted to be, her lamp!

Now, back in a world that is all-too-familiar, Jasmine must embark on an epic mystical journey to escape the prison she finds herself in, but what secrets will she uncover about her past along the way, and what answers do they hold for her future — and the future of the Grimm Universe?

Find out in this can't-miss, oversized one-shot story for the ages!

• These Zenescope books often don't list the interior artist. The cynic in my thinks it's because it doesn't matter. As long as there's a hot chick on the cover, right?

NIGHTMARE MAN ONE-SHOT

10499243467?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Matthew Wilding | Art/Cover: Matt Rowe | Source Point Press | Mature | $3.99

Alex is struggling through his dead-end job, crumbling marriage, and the recent return of a monster that tormented his dreams throughout his childhood. Confronted with a genuine nightmare in a cafe near his office, Alex is forced to reconcile the the torments he and thousands of other children have faced throughout history in this 24 page one-shot comic that "could easily contend with popular Vault or Vertigo horror titles" (ComicBookYeti.com).

PHANTOM OF THE IDOL VOL 1 GN

10499243661?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Hijiki Isoflavone | Kodansha Comics | $10.99

Yuuya, one half of the boy pop duo ZINGS, may be the laziest performer in the Japanese music industry. His partner is out there giving 110% every night (and, thankfully, he's quite popular), but Yuuya's half-assed, sloppy dancing, and his frankly hostile attitude toward the audience, has the fans hating him and his agent looking for any excuse to cut him loose. After a particularly lifeless concert appearance, Yuuya meets a girl backstage. She's dressed to the nines in a colorful outfit, she's full of vim and vigor, and all she wants from life is to perform. There's just one problem: She's been dead for a year. This is the ghost of Asahi Mogami, the beloved singer whose time on the stage was tragically cut short, unless... If ghosts are real, is spirit possession really that much of a stretch?

RECOUNT PREAMBLE

10499243874?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Jonathan Hedrick | Art/Cover: Gil Lopez | Scout Comics | $5.99

Scout's hit series is back! Set years before the shocking events of The Recount, Preamble details the life of Phil Pontus, the tragic death of his mother, his military service and subsequent decision to enter politics, his assent to the office of Vice President, and the terrible events that culminated in his assumption of leadership of a terrorist group known only as "The Masses."

• Never trust a clown!

SPECTRO ONE-SHOT #1

10499243894?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art/Cover: Juan Doe | Aftershock | $7.99

A Quartet of Quintessential Horror Tales from the Multi-Talented Juan Doe — Presented in a Single Prestige-Format One Shock! SPECTRO explores the unnerving spectrum of fear through four terrifying stories rooted in a cosmic game of twisted karma and phantasmagoric terror:

1. What is at stake when sentient technology manipulates a man with projections of his desired self?
  2. What are the consequences of excommunicating a member of the "nine" planets?
  3. What is discovered when an explorer travels to Mars to ascend the tallest mountain in the solar system?
  4. What happens when a scientistDoe aboard the International Space Station is confronted with the most horrifying aspects of humankind?

In what realm of fear do these stories exist? SPECTRO. Written and illustrated by Juan Doe (BAD RECEPTION, DARK ARK, ANIMOSITY: THE RISE) SPECTRO is a horror anthology from deep within the recesses of the mind of one of comics' most prolific talents!

WEAKEST CONTESTANT IN ALL SPACE & TIME VOL 1 GN

10499246065?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Masato Hisa | Art/Cover: KRSG | Seven Seas Entertainment | $12.99

Hitomu is a young guy with no goals or dreams: he goes to work, comes home, sleeps, and repeats. That changes when he's abducted by a god and forced to participate in a gladiatorial tournament to find the weakest being in all of space and time! After Hitomu loses repeatedly, he's set against four weakling opponents to fight to the death... but he instead finds a way to escape, breaking out his fellow "losers": a ghost boy, a slime girl, a useless robot, and a bug monster. Now fugitives on a hostile planet, the five weirdos must rely on each other. Alone they can't do squat, but together they just might be able to survive.

• They should have titled the book Five Weirdos on a Hostile Planet.

ULTRAMAX #1

10499246671?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Doug Wood, Michael Pickard | Art/Cover: Michael Pickard | Source Point Press | Mature | $3.99

A journeyman henchman has pulled off the impossible. He has killed the world's most famous superhero. In order to get a reduced jail time, the henchman has cut a deal with the feds. Problem is, even without having any powers the feds are sending him to the Ultra Max facility. With all the worst supervillains. Now the unlucky nobody must navigate prison life, while praying no one finds out he is a snitch.

VAN HELSING: BLOODBORNE ONE-SHOT

10499246683?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Dave Franchini, David Wohl | Cover: Al Barrionuevo | Zenescope | 32 pages | $5.99

Liesel Van Helsing has always been driven by two things: science and hunting vampires. Although she inherited both interests from her father, one is a calling, while the other is her passion. But, when the supernatural and scientific parts of her life collide to take a twisted turn, Liesel is caught in the middle and must deal with the results of a failed, but very deadly, experiment. 

Who- — or what — is Syphon? What does it want? And, most importantly, can Liesel stop this mysterious new creature before it gets out into the world?

Don't miss this bloody next chapter in Liesel Van Helsing's life!

WOLF NEVER SLEEPS VOL 1 GN

10499247291?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Taga Kiichi | Art: Gonbe Shinkawa | Yen Press | $15.00

Seeking strength and glory, the adventurer Lecan challenges monster and maze alike. Until one day, he finds a mysterious black hole leading to another world! But even in a different world, the path of the One-Eyed Wolf remains unchanged. The only question is — can he survive the new world?

MORE OGNs

AMAZONA GN

10499228477?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Canizales | Graphic Universe | $12.99

Andrea, a young Indigenous Colombian woman, has returned to the land she calls home. Only 19 years old, she comes to mourn her lost child, carrying a box in her arms. And she comes with another mission. Andrea has hidden a camera upon herself. If she can capture evidence of the illegal mining that displaced her family, it will mark the first step toward reclaiming their land. This socially conscious thriller from graphic novelist Canizales examines the injustices of his home country in a stark, distinctive style.

BLOOD OF THE IMMORTALS HC

10499236056?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Laurent Genefort, Francoise Ruscak | Art/Cover: Francesco Trifogli | Humanoids | Mature | $24.99

An expedition arrives on the planet Verfebro in search of the universe's greatest treasure: immortality.

What if the key to eternal life were only a few planetary systems away? A motley crew of explorers is sent to the planet Verfebro in search of a mystifying elixir-one that supposedly runs through the veins of a ferocious local species: the Dracs. How far will this expedition go to uncover the answer to life's greatest mystery — when the obvious solution is genocide?

HISTORY COMICS: NATIONAL PARKS GN

HOPELESS MAINE GN

10499236099?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Nimue Brown, Tom Brown | Art/Cover: Tom Brown, Nimue Brown |CEX Publishing | $22.95

Hopeless, Maine, is a place cut off from the rest of the world and lost in time. Strange things swim in the sea surrounding the island. Things even stranger float in the air and observe the lives of the island inhabitants, who may in fact be the strangest creatures of all.

JACOB’S APARTMENT GN

10499236480?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Joshua Kemble | Graphic Mundi-PSU Press | $21.95

A coming-of-age graphic novel about the struggles of young adulthood, seen through the prism of two roommates, Jacob and Sarah, as they seek to find their place in the world. Identity, young love, and loss combine to create an engrossing world in which waking and sleeping dreams collide. This book invites readers to consider how young idealism can be quickly extinguished-and questions what the value of anything is without love.

JOSE & PIRATE CAPTAIN TOLEDANO GN

10499236499?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Arnon Z Shorr | Art/Cover: Joshua M Edelglass | Kar-Ben Publishing | $8.99

Set in the shadows of the Spanish Inquisition, this coming-of-age story centers on José Alfaro, a young refugee who forms a powerful bond with the mysterious Pirate Captain Toledano. It's also a dynamic pirate adventure on the high seas, with hand-to-hand combat and ship-to-ship action, and the powerful story of a dark time in history when people took different paths to survive.

• I've never really understood the attraction of pirate stories. Pirates were disgusting! Bad teeth, scurvy, malaria and really poor hygiene. Months at sea with other men, just as disgusting as you are. Plus all the murder and stuff. But Treasure Island is a classic. Go figure.

LET’S GO KARAOKE GN

10499237252?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art/Cover: Yama Wayama | Yen Press | $15.00

Satomi, president of his school's choir club, gets embroiled in a bizarre situation when he's asked by Kyouji the yakuza to give him voice lessons. Surprisingly, Kyouji's quite serious and diligent in his practice too! As the two spend time together, where will this odd friendship take them...?

• I'm not into these boys' love manga either. If you are, hey, more power to you. But what bugs me is that it always look so exploitative, with an adultish man coming on to a boyish, uh, boy. Gets my hackles up.

LUCKY LUKE VOL 78: THE DALTON UNCLES TPB

LUCKY LUKE VOL 79: STEAMING UP THE MISSISSIPPI TPB

MUTATION VOL 1: EPISODE 1

10499238259?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Corine Jamar, LEO | Art: Fred Simon | Cinebook | $15.95

Two years have passed since the events of Mermaid Project, and Romane and Brahim have paid the price of their courage and integrity. Ignored, even censored, by their superiors, they're now reduced to taking lousy private eye jobs to earn a living. Meanwhile, though, the same cetaceans whose advanced intelligence the UN had refused to believe in are attacking fishing trawlers... with rockets! Before long, the authorities ask our two investigators to take their old jobs back.

MR. BOOP DELUXE HC

10253522262?profile=RESIZE_710x10253540268?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Alec Robbins | Silver Sprocket | 384 pages | $39.99

The beloved webcomic collected in its entirety for the first time in a beautiful deluxe clothbound hard-cover edition!

Author Alec Robbins is deeply in love with his wife, 1930s cartoon superstar Betty Boop. And wouldn't you know it, she loves him back! It's the perfect marriage, and nothing will ever go wrong. They'll be happy together forever and nothing will ever come between them — not other famous cartoon characters, not intellectual property law, and certainly not Alec's own towering insecurities. Basically, they're just both really happy together and everything's good and nice and that's the end of it. No more questions. Don't even bother reading this comic.

Absurdist humor, a middle finger to corporate IP, and a sweetly romantic heart blend together into one of the most inventive comics of the Twitter age.

• I don't really understand the humor here. And most of us can draw better than this. But here it is, for those who "get" it better than I do.

10253532455?profile=RESIZE_710x10253538494?profile=RESIZE_710x10253539855?profile=RESIZE_710x10253540093?profile=RESIZE_710xTHE ROUTE 66 LIST VOL 5: CALIFORNIA GN

THORGAL VOL 22: I JOLAN GN

TRENT VOL 6: THE SUNLESS COUNTRY GN

THE WELL GN

10499238287?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Jake Wyatt | Art: Choo | First Second | $24.99

In The Well, Jake Wyatt and Choo have created a modern fable that explores the power-and limits-of wishes.

Li-Zhen's life on the archipelago is simple. Known to friends and family as Lizzy, she takes care of her grandfather and their goats, she flirts with the woman who helps row the ferry, and she stays away from the fog that comes in the night-and the monsters hiding within it.

But Lizzy's life comes apart when she steals a handful of coins from a sacred well to cover a debt. The well requires repayment, but it doesn't deal in coins. It needs wishes, and its minions will drown Lizzy in its depths if she doesn't grant them. Lizzy finds herself on a quest to uncover hidden memories, bestow great wealth, and face the magical secrets that nearly destroyed her family-and are now returning to threaten everything she has ever known.

ZAGOR: SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE GN

10499238883?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Alfredo Castelli | Art: Gallieno Ferri | Cover: Michele Rubini | Epicenter Comics | $27.99

When on a journey to Fairmont, strange and grisly occurrences start happening, and when a horrific contagion takes place, Zagor has to come face to face with an ancient, undead creature of the night!

MORE COLLECTIONS

ACG COLLECTED WORKS: ADVENTURES INTO THE UNKNOWN VOL 17

10499174496?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Ogden Whitney, John Rosenberger, Pete Costanza, Al Williamson, John Forte, Ed Goode, Creig Flessel, Harry Lazarus, Emil Gershwin, Paul Reinman, Bob Jenny | PS Artbooks | $24.99

Another round up of all's that good in these wonderful 1950s comics. Collects Adventures into the Unknown #96-101 (May-October 1958).

• Softee only.

ACG COLLECTED WORKS: FORBIDDEN WORLDS VOL 17

10499188459?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Ogden Whitney, Harry Lazarus, John Rosenberger, Pete Costanza, Al Wenzel, Bill Walsh, Tom Hickey, Emil Gershwin, Chic Stone, Ruben Moreira, Joe Sinnott | PS Artbooks | $29.99

Our glorious Forbidden Worlds in our ever-popular Softee format features mind-boggling tales! Collects Forbidden Worlds #101-106 (January/February-September 1962).

• Softee only.

ARCHIE GIANT COMICS SPLENDOR TPB

CLASSIFIED: JAEGER

10499209290?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art/Cover: Ibrahim Moustafa | Fairsquare Comics | $12.99

Haunted by the torture he endured in a Nazi POW camp during World War II, French-Algerian spy Idris Morel is hell-bent on exacting revenge against his captors. Tasked by MI6 to hunt down escaped Nazi war criminals with falsified death certificates, With the official sanction of a government colleague, Morel embarks on a one-man espionage mission to ensure that the escapees are brought to justice. On his quest for revenge, Morel must find redemption, or risk becoming like the very monsters he hunts. Collecting the critically acclaimed, Eisner-nominated digital comic for the first time in print.

BLADE RUNNER 2029 VOL 3 TPB

DISNEY MASTERS VOL 19: MICKEY MOUSE IN THE SHADOW DIMENSION HC

10475791095?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Stefano Zanchi, Andrew Casty Castellan | Fantagraphics | Mature | $29.99

Mickey Mouse is up against menacing shadows, monster robots, and a dimension of danger in epic comics adventures by modern-day Disney fan favorite Andrea "Casty" Castellan!

All of Mouseton is swooning over the odd "Mr. Benevolence," a masked philanthropist who can't stop doing good — or can he? Mickey thinks he's behind the vanishing of the atomic genius Dr. Einmug — and the arrest of Einmug's otherworldly helper, Atomo Bleep-Bleep! But things get strange when the villainous Pegleg Pete turns up where Mickey least expects him: a "Shadow Dimension" in which fiction becomes fact!

Walking in the footsteps of Disney giants Floyd Gottfredson and Romano Scarpa, Italian writer/artist Andrea "Casty" Castellan is among today's most inspired and beloved Mickey Mouse comics creators. After many reader requests, Fantagraphics Books is thrilled to present the first Disney Masters volume by the beloved Disney cartoonist Casty!

And "Trapped in the Shadow Dimension'' is just the start! Also: in this volume, Scrooge McDuck squares off with "The Terrible, Terrible Triple-Dimensional Beagle Boy''… while in "The World to Come," Mickey and Minnie are headed to far-off Illusitania for royal intrigue, robot war… and a showdown with that dastardly, poetic secret agent, The Rhyming Man!

• Diamond has this marked "Mature," which is very odd.

10475791280?profile=RESIZE_710x10475791481?profile=RESIZE_710x10475791676?profile=RESIZE_710x10475791497?profile=RESIZE_710xDOCTOR WHO: EMPIRE OF THE WOLF TPB

EAT THE RICH TPB

HELLMAN OF HAMMER FORCE TPB

• Reprints of 1970s UK war comics. I confess to being curious.

MYSTERE TPB

PRE-CODE CLASSICS: THE BEYOND VOL 3 SOFTEE

9978951455?profile=RESIZE_710xPS Artbooks | Softee | 184 pages | $26.99

Featuring writers and artists such as Jim McLaughlin, Mike Sekowsky, Lou Cameron, Rocco Mastroserio, Richard Case, Ken Rice, Gene Colan, Bill Molno and Chic Stone.

This fourth volume includes Ace's The Beyond #11-15 (May-September 1952).

• The HC and Slipcase have been out for quite a while.

PS ARTBOOKS: PLANET COMICS VOL 12 SOFTEE

10499172279?profile=RESIZE_710xArt: Joseph Doolin, Fran Hopper, Lee Elias, Lily Renee, Murphy Anderson | PS Artbooks | $26.99

Packed with crazy heroes and villains on far flung and distant planets. Collects Planet Comics #35-38 (March-September 1945).

• Ditto.

ROY THOMAS PRESENTS” DICK BRIEFER’S FRANKENSTEIN VOL 2

10499173662?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Dick Briefer | PSArtbooks | $36.99

At last! In our new Softee format the second volume of PS Artbooks' Roy Thomas Presents: Dick Briefer's Frankenstein set! Volumes 3-8 were previously published in hardcover. Volume 2 collects the  "Frankenstein" stories from Prize Comics #38-68 (1944-1948),  With illustrated introductions by Frankenstein expert Don Glut and Dick Briefer.

• I'm awaiting the boxed set of Vols. 1-2 to be offered. As Jeff and I have whinged about, the entire series was in HC until now, with the last two (which are actually the first two, number-wise), which are Softee only.

SEARCH FOR HU TPB

SILVER AGE CLASSICS: BRAIN BOY VOL 2

10090148079?profile=RESIZE_710x10090161877?profile=RESIZE_710xPS Artbooks | 184 Pages | Slipcase $56.99 / HC $46.99 / Softee $26.99

You just gotta get this little gem! Brain Boy by the amazing Frank Springer (best known for Marvel Comics' Dazzler and Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) is a heady mix of superhero, fantasy, supernatural, horror, suspense, science fiction and spy adventures! Brain Boy aka Matt Price Jr. works for the "Organisation of Active Anthropologists", in reality a special counter-intelligence branch of the U.S Secret Service. Fighting earth bound COMMUNIST enemies such as Ricotta and ALIEN adversaries like the microscopic Eerown! Brain Boy read minds, use telekinesis to lift objects or make himself fly, control minds, alter emotional states, and was also super intelligent. However, using his powers took a lot of mental energy, especially when facing another telepath and he could become exhausted quickly.

Also featuring SPACE PATROL! Billed as “America’s Greatest Space Drama” and starring Commander Buzz Corry, this one’s got it all, painted covers by Norman Saunders and Clarence Doore, interior art from the great Bernie Krigstein.

This second volume features Issues #4-6 (March/May-September/November 1963) — PLUS Bonus Issue ZIFF DAVIS  SPACE PATROL #1-2 (Summer-Fall 1952).

SILVER AGE CLASSICS - SPACE WAR VOLUME ONE

10090174263?profile=RESIZE_710x10090197085?profile=RESIZE_710xPS Artbooks | 184 Pages | $56.99 Slipcase / $46.99 HC / $26.99 Softee

This bumper-full line-up from Charlton Comics’ other-worldly SPACE WAR has everything you could imagine, from "Abandon Spaceship" to "Exiled to Earth," crammed between the pages. Starting with #1 from October 1959 and running through to #27 March 1964, before re-entering orbit with #28 in March 1978 through to #34 March 1979 it certainly was a long space war!

Featuring the writing talents of the prolific Joe Gill and artists Dick Giordano, Matt Baker, Bill Montes, Bill Molno, Bill Fraccio, Jon D'Agostino, Charles Nicholas and, of course, Steve Ditko.

You just won't be able to put this science fiction spectacular down and if you’re quick, you can probably fight off several groups of marauding aliens before your mum calls you in for supper.

This third volume features issues 11-15 (March 1958-February 1959) of the Charlton publication of Unusual Tales. Digitally enhanced and faithfully reproduced.

STAR RUNNER: DARK STAR TPB

SEVEN SWORDS TPB

VAMPIRELLA/RED SONJA VOL 2 TPB

MORE COMICS

ALIAS: BLACK & WHITE #5 (OF 7)

ARCHIE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #330

AUTHORISED HAPPINESS VOL 3 GN

BATTLE BOOK VOL 3 GN (OF 3)

BUZZARD AND BONE #2 (OF 4)

DARK INTERLUDE #4

EXCITING COMICS #20

GRIMM FAIRY TALES #60

HARBINGER (2021) #8

THE HARBINGER #8

10505205652?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzing | Art: Robbi Rodriguez | Colors: Rico Renzi | Letters: Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou | Covers: Robbi Rodriguez, Zu Orzu, Caspar Wijngaard | Valiant | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

Who is Peter Stancheck? Find out as he faces off against THE RENEGADE one last time in the stunning and thoughtful series finale of THE HARBINGER.

Faith, Ago, and CiCi battle for the heart of Psiot City against the army of newly activated Psiots while Peter stares down his greatest fears and doubts. Only one Peter can remain when the dust settles — but which one will it be? Find out in THE HARBINGER #8!

10505206861?profile=RESIZE_710x10505209468?profile=RESIZE_710x10505210262?profile=RESIZE_710x10505210458?profile=RESIZE_710x10505210473?profile=RESIZE_710x10505214091?profile=RESIZE_710x10505214859?profile=RESIZE_710xLAND OF LIVING GODS #4

LAST BOOK YOU’LL EVER READ #8

LEAD CITY #3

MURDER HOBO: CHAOTIC NEUTRAL #4 (OF 4)

NAUGHTY LIST #2

NORTH BEND SEASON 2 #5

PAST LAST MOUNTAIN #3 (OF 4)

PSYCHODRAMA ILLUSTRATED #5

10475791698?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art/Cover:  Gilbert Hernandez | Fantagraphics | Mature | $4.99

Medical specialist Dr. Droog’s secret files are exposed — revealing how Fritz, her mother Maria, and Fritz’s movie rival, Mila, are all connected, via mysterious facial re-construction! Love and Rockets is not enough to contain the unbridled imagination of Gilbert Hernandez... Delve into the darkest corners of psychodrama.... illustrated!

10475792473?profile=RESIZE_710x10475792658?profile=RESIZE_710xRISE OF DRACULA #6 (OF 6)

RUSH #6

SHADOW SERVICE #12

SWAMP GOD #5 (OF 6)

MORE MANGA

BREAKER OMNIBUS VOL 3 GN

CARDCAPTOR SAKURA CLEAR CARD VOL 11 GN

CHEEKY BRAT VOL 3 GN

CIRQUE DU FREAK MANGA OMNIBUS VOL 6 GN

DARK HISTORY OF REINCARNATED VILLAINESS VOL 5 GN

DEVIL IS PART TIMER GN VOL 18

FINAL FANTASY: LOST STRANGER VOL 7 GN

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST FULLMETAL ED VOL 17 GN

GIGANT VOL 5 GN

HEADHUNTED TO ANOTHER WORLD SALARYMAN VOL 3 GN

HEAVENLY DELUSION VOL 3 GN

JOJOS BIZARRE ADVENTURES PT 5 GOLDEN WIND VOL 4 GN

KARNEVAL VOL 13 GN

MANGA DIARY OF A MALE PORN STAR VOL 2 GN

MASTERFUL CAT DEPRESSED AGAIN TODAY VOL 4 GN 

MIERUKO-CHAN VOL 5 GN

MURCIELAGO VOL 19 GN

PLAY IT COOL GUYS VOL 3 GN

SEASIDE STRANGER VOL 3: HARUKAZE NO ETRANGER

SEVEN DEADLY SINS FOUR KNIGHTS OF APOCALYPSE VOL 3 GN

SILENT VOICE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL 1 HC

SMOKIN PARADE VOL 10 GN

TRINITY SEVEN 7 MAGICIANS VOL 25 GN

URUSEI YATSURA VOL 14 GN

MORE YOUNGER READERS

BANANA FOX VOL 3: BANANA FOX & GUMMY MONSTER MESS GN

BARB VOL 2: THE GHOST BLADE GN

BUG BOYS: ADVENTURES & DAYDREAMS GN  

GERONIMO STILTON GRAPHIX VOL 4: LAST RIDE AT LUNA PARK

LEARN TO SPEAK CAT FAKE MEWS GN

MISFITZ CLUBHOUSE #1

STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC: EDGE OF BALANCE VOL 2 GN

YOUR PAL FRED GN

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mr. Boop sounds like it's designed to appeal to a very specific fetish that I don't want to know the details of.

• Oh. That never occurred to me. How can I still be naive at my age?

• You don't read as much manga as I do.

Captain Comics said:

Oh. That never occurred to me. How can I still be naive at my age?

• "Oh, dear. I didn't know this existed. But now that I do, I have to read it."

Hey, man, I posted about it on February 21. Just so ya know, I posted this, too:

Jeff of Earth-J said:

TARZAN OF THE APES HC v1:

STL228308.jpg

Previously available only to subscribers of the Edgar Rice Burroughs website, Tarzan of the Apes is at last available in print. Presented in Sunday newspaper landscape format in a handsome hardcover edition, these adaptations of Edgar Rice Burroughs's classic tales are scripted by comics legend Roy Thomas and illustrated by Pablo Marcos.

Presenting the origin of the Jungle Lord and his earliest adventures, any Tarzan comics collection begins with Tarzan of the Apes.

"There might be children in Somalia or the Arctic who have never heard of Hamlet or The Great Gatsby. But you can bet they know Tarzan." - Harlan Ellison

In Shops: Aug 24, 2022

Don't let me hear you say in August that you didn't know this existed!

• Jeff of Earth-J said:

Hey, man, I posted about it on February 21. ... Don't let me hear you say in August that you didn't know this existed!

But, but, but ...  I don't remember reading that.  I feel more ashamed than usual.

The Baron said:

You don't read as much manga as I do.

I wouldn't dare try!

• "But, but, but ...  I don't remember reading that.  I feel more ashamed than usual."

Aw, I was just bustin' your chops. :)

• I'm just concerned about my memory, Mr. .... Earth-J, is it? Odd name. Well, I'm sure we've met and I know all about you and the Mrs. Earth-J and the little Earth-Js.What a fine family!

It'll come to me in a minute.

• I'm not sure that I really enjoy the TV series that much, but it feels like I should. So I went and got the first Witcher Library Edition from Dark Horse, which is in my To-Read pile. This isn't the second volume, although it is trying to trick me into thinking it is. But I will not be fooled!

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I've read a few of The Witcher novels. I think they are great, but in my very little exposure to Polish literature, it can get pretty depressing. That being said, I think the comics are good for the most part, but are hurt by uneven art.

Hellboy is always a must-read.

I will freely admit, that I never "got" Hellboy

I think Europeans like Westerns more than we do.

I freakin' love Westerns. I'm certain I'm an outlier, but I prefer a good Western over a good Sci-fi movie. The casting of The Long Riders alone does it for me.

• PS Artbooks Roundup:

This week, the Space War volume one HC shipped to my LCS.

Also v2 Dick Briefer Frankenstein softee, so that slipcased set ought to be shipping any week now. 

• I don't recall the slipcase set being offered at Westfield yet. I'll have to look back over my orders. It may be that I have to get it through Instocktrades.

This reply was deleted.