One of the most noteworthy threads here at the Comics Round Table is the What Comic Books Have You Read Today? thread.  It was started over 10 years ago and as of today has over 5400 posts!  Safe to say a popular and active thread.  Created by Wandering Sensei, it was started with a simple yet obviously very effective premise:

Report what comic books you have read today--and tell us a little something about it while you're here!

I would like to start what I consider to be a companion thread, allowing people to ask about comics they are curious about.  Just like Sensei's thread, it can be about any comic book from any era.  Ask about a single issue, a storyline, a run by a particular creator, or an entire series.  Go wild folks!

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey folks! Just a heads-up that the first five 100 Bullets TPBs I purchased arrived this week. I began reading volume 1 last night.

Okay, ClarkKent_DC!

ClarkKent_DC said:

If you start a discussion on 100 Bullets, count me in!

Nice, Jonan! You're in for a real treat. I would like to commit to following along with the group, but I know my reading habits too well to do that.

This morning, I read Land of the Sons by Gipi. It's a European publication about two boys who are trying to make their way through a post-apocalyptic world, which doesn't sound original at all. The story has them with their father's journal in hand, trying to find someone who can read it to them, as they are illiterate. These boys have it rough. Their clothes don't fit them, and they are pretty much on their own, save one horrific family who probably want to enslave them.

This isn't a pollyana book, but it's not without hope. I read the hardback from the library. Warning: there is some nudity when they pick up a slave woman from the family's house, and some of the guys have their junk hanging  out from time to time. Plus, I'm sure there's some swearing, and it's also in black and white if that's a turn-off for anyone.

Recommended, but not to everyone.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service