I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 3818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hoy Murphy said:

Underground comics. 

Hoy

Well played, sir!

Three covers, from 1953, 1961 and 1988.  I do love Aquaman's pose on the JLA cover!

Those are a great connection. Nice job, Peter. 

Hoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpopXL2h33U

Peter Wrexham said:

Three covers, from 1953, 1961 and 1988.  I do love Aquaman's pose on the JLA cover!

Dave:  That took some research!

Hoy

Wot?  No mention of Big Eggo, the very first cover star of The Beano?

(Though perhaps it is better to forget a cover with that caricature on its masthead). 

I've heard of infinity covers, chess covers, injury to eye covers, headlight covers, women in jep and many, many others bases for collections. This is the first inkling I've had that there could be an Ostrich cover collection out there.

This thread sometimes truly boggles my mind, both for the cover combinations and that somebody knows of them!

-- MSA

Those weren't just ostrich covers, but "people riding ostriches" cover.  Oh, here are three more.

Mr. Silver Age said:

I've heard of infinity covers, chess covers, injury to eye covers, headlight covers, women in jep and many, many others bases for collections. This is the first inkling I've had that there could be an Ostrich cover collection out there.

This thread sometimes truly boggles my mind, both for the cover combinations and that somebody knows of them!

-- MSA

Years ago I was watching preparation for an ostrich race. One of the ostriches was angry and uncooperative. It kicked its prospective rider in the chest and he flew several feet into a wall. He apparently wasn't injured but the audience was suitably impressed.  

Dave Palmer said:

Those weren't just ostrich covers, but "people riding ostriches" cover.

I should have realised that!

If I had, it probably wouldn't have been possible to find a suitable Beano cover.  As the star of the strip, Big Eggo didn't tend to get ridden.  Congratulations on a delightful three-of-a-kind (twice)!

I guess I've just had my head in the sand about covers of this nature.

Wait, sorry? The door is where?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service