I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 5317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would take a monthly comic 333.33 years to reach issue 4,000.

One tenth of the way to 4000

500th “anniversaries”.  I’m going to stop here.

How about:

When I first saw Donald Duck Beach Party paired with WDCS #500 (1982 on the license plate) I thought this was another example of Western replacing (inexplicably to my mind) painted covers with line drawn covers, which it did briefly in 1982 as it wound down its comic book division.

But I was able to locate the original from 1972

which is obviously based on the painted version.

Here’s a double three of a kind to illustrate Western replacing painted covers with line drawn covers on its 1982 reprints

I’ve got to say, that pink smoke isn’t very scary

I think Western really liked “modes of transportation” packed with characters

While we’re at it, Woody and friends have inspired a hayride three of a kind

Dave Palmer said:

Here’s a double three of a kind to illustrate Western replacing painted covers with line drawn covers on its 1982 reprints

Am I right in guessing that the color palette for the line-drawn covers is less expensive to print?

A hayride full of "Frisky Animals" seems like a risky proposition!

Here’s a three of a kind with two covers and a panel.  Does anyone know of a third cover that would be appropriate?

Is this a stretch?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service