Replies

• You know, I wasn't that sold on the Tiny Titans thing...I thought it was too "fanboy" in its jokes and it wouldn't catch on. Well...my six year old daughters love it and at least one of them, Rose, has really gotten into the Brave and the Bold cartoon. So much so that she floored me when she asked, when Grodd appeared in this week's episode, "Why isn't he still a human and in jail?". Now, we watched the episode where that happened MONTHS ago. She's asking continuity questions already. Anyway...I'm gonna give DC and its Johnny DC line of comics credit for showing Boom! and Marvel that comics for younger kids can still work and do well in the marketplace. I think we have Tiny Titans and B&B's creative teams to thank for the Marvel thinking of the youngest readers and Boom! going for the Disney/Pixar characters. So Tiny Titans...thanks for helping bring Donald Duck back to comics. ;)
  • That is so great to hear. I am excited about more kids comics!!!

Doc Beechler said:
    You know, I wasn't that sold on the Tiny Titans thing...I thought it was too "fanboy" in its jokes and it wouldn't catch on. Well...my six year old daughters love it and at least one of them, Rose, has really gotten into the Brave and the Bold cartoon. So much so that she floored me when she asked, when Grodd appeared in this week's episode, "Why isn't he still a human and in jail?". Now, we watched the episode where that happened MONTHS ago. She's asking continuity questions already. Anyway...I'm gonna give DC and its Johnny DC line of comics credit for showing Boom! and Marvel that comics for younger kids can still work and do well in the marketplace. I think we have Tiny Titans and B&B's creative teams to thank for the Marvel thinking of the youngest readers and Boom! going for the Disney/Pixar characters. So Tiny Titans...thanks for helping bring Donald Duck back to comics. ;)
  • I think Alex would like this but he's already receiving several titles: Batman: Brave and the Bold, Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Cars, The Incredibles, and the occasional issue of Scooby-Doo or Super Friends. Granted, Shazam and Clone Wars are bi-monthly but that's still a lot for a six year old and I was already thinking of adding Walt Disney Comics and Stories from Boom! Kids. I'll have to think about this one.
  • This would be great for us. Since Marvel ended their Power Pack series, we've been searching for a new title for our 7-year old. This just might be it.
  • Chris Fluit said:
    This would be great for us. Since Marvel ended their Power Pack series, we've been searching for a new title for our 7-year old. This just might be it.

Did you see that Marvel brought out a trade of classic Power Pack issues last week?
  • We have lots of those issues already...and we have tried them with the girls who were pretty skeptical about them.

Doc Beechler said:
    Chris Fluit said:
    This would be great for us. Since Marvel ended their Power Pack series, we've been searching for a new title for our 7-year old. This just might be it.

Did you see that Marvel brought out a trade of classic Power Pack issues last week?
This reply was deleted.