Replies

• "F*** Batman"? Seriously? 

• Burt Ward never said that.

• Not out loud, anyway.  

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Burt Ward never said that.

• "Language, chum."

• It's an interesting rationale, Skipper, but I guess I'm just enough of a horrifying old fart that I don't like the idea of a "Titans" show with that kind of language in it.

• I think it's a bridge too far myself.

And I'm such an old fart that it disturbs me when Batman and Robin aren't getting along. I never liked that, even back when they first split in, what, the late '70s?

• Dang you, Jeff!  I already had the meme made and everything!

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Language, chum."

• Not sure if anyone is watching this series but through 6 episodes they paint Batman as some crazy, paranoid nutjob. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Other than that the series is pretty good. It certainly paints a different picture regarding super-heroes. It's something more along the lines of what Alan Moore or Rick Veitch did with super-heroes back in the late '80's, early '90's.

I was kind of disappointed in the Doom Patrol episode. It was more of an introduction episode. Hopefully we'll see them in action at some point down the road.

• I watched the first episode on iPad, and couldn't see it very well. (It is dark, and I am old.) But recently we got a Roku, and dcuniverse.com is pre-loaded app, so now I can watch it on my big ol' TV. So I'll be watching, and commenting, as soon as I catch up. (It's on the list right after we finish Last Kingdom Season 3.)

As to the Doom Patrol, I'm sure you know that they're getting their own show in 2019. No start date has been announced, but I'm guessing sooner rather than later. So their Titans appearance was just an introduction.

Also, I'm reading that Donna Troy has appeared or is about to appear. She'll be Diana's sister, which makes more sense than 99 percent of the seemingly hundreds of Donna Troy origin stories. Looking forward to it. They'll never be able to re-create the Nick Cardy version I had a huge crush on in the '60s, but I'm hoping they'll try.

And I know Hawk and Dove have appeared. Who else has the series introduced?

This reply was deleted.