Those of you who remember it will recall the Earth-44 timeline from the old site and may well - if you didn't have alot going on - have stopped and thought, "Gee, I wonder if what's-his-monkey will be re-posting that timeline of his on the new board?" At first, I figured I probably wouldn't be, as it seemed to me that the format of the new board would make it difficult to maintain and update something as large and unwieldy as it had become, However, Dagwan came up with some extremely clever ideas about how it might be made to work, which he posted in this thread here.
I still haven't decided whether to post the timeline on this new board or not - is there alot of interest in having the timeline on the new board? What do you think of Dagwan's idea? it would still be a fair amount of effort to transfer and set up the thing on the new board, and I wanted to get a sense of what folks interest level was, and, also, how the mods' felt about it - maybe there's reasons they might have as to whether or not it would be a good idea, reasons that wouldn't necessarily occur to me. Anyway, don't be shy or worry about hurting my feelings either way. I've got a good copy of it, and thus can use it to amuse myself whether I post it here or not.

It's a funny thing - when the switch to the new obard was first posited, I was upset that we were not going to be able to have access to the old threads here. I suppose I still am, a little. But, I've saved copies of all of the stuff I most hated to lose, and there's a part of me that wonders if, since we are going to have a new board, whether it's a good idea or not to load said new board with loads of detritus from the old board.

I don't know, what do you folks think? In the meanwhile, I've had an idea for something that I am hopeful will be interesting/amusing, and which is designed to be inherently much more limited in scale (and thus more manageable) than the old timeline was, and if I can get that presentable, maybe you'll see that in the interim...

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's underway! It should be open to everyone, let me or a mod know if you have any problems.
By the by, the timline and most of the appendices have been re-posted in the Timeline group, for those who are interested.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service