OK, this is a mix of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man (no surprise given he's one of the creative consultants named in the beginning credits along with Paul Dini), movie Avengers stuff, Scott Pilgrim, New Warriors, and Young Justice...with a bit of spice borrowed from the Teen Titans Go! rack.  And I love it.  It's fun and it's jokey and it's visually crazy and it's what a cartoon should be.  I like Young Justice...but, man, can that show stall out on the serious (read: dull) side...the recent Superboy and Cadmus episode had me changing the channel after five minutes.  

The proper mixture of action and humor has been missing from recent DC superhero offerings...why, oh why can't the Batgirl-Supergirl-Wonder Girl and Teen Titans one minute cartoons be the real shows?

Anyway...for my time, the Disney XD hour has the DC Nation hour beat...hands down.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree with every word of that.

• We all just watched the premiere episode of Korra on Nick and, wow, that is a great, great show.  It takes place 70 years after Avatar as we meet and follow the adventures of the new Avatar, Korra.  It's full-on Asian-influenced steam-punk goodness with, like Ultimate Spidey, a lot of humor and heart.  Now you know where to be, or record, on 11 AM EST on Saturday (Korra) and Sunday (Spider-Man).

• I must have missed it. In my area, Nickelodeon/NickToons advertised it for April 14th at 11am. What I got was 2 hours of some POS called "Supah Ninjas". and NO, I didn't watch it. I wasted a tape recording it.

• That was the time and day for me.  

• FYI, as the series moved along, Young Justice improved immensely.  Still somewhat serious in tone, but definitely a much more fun vibe.

I watched the first few episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man tonight, and I found it enjoyable.  I have some quibbles with some of the characterizations, but more works for me than doesn't.

I think Marvel also needs to do a much better job of publicizing their cartoon series.  If not for this thread, I'd never have heard of the Ultimate Spider-Man series, and I missed the entire first season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  There's just been very little buzz about either series.  Where's the infamous Marvel hype machine?

• You must not frequent many Disney-owned websites or pick up any of the Marvel books aimed at younger audiences. 

This reply was deleted.