This began as a question about if Firestorm was the first superhuman to merge multiple people into one physical body, but now I'm turning it into a list. 

* I'm not counting things like combining mechs as the driver's bodies did not become one.

The list so far:

3-D Man

Agent Axis

Alloy

Brother Voodoo

Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell)

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
Captain Triumph

Death's Head

Deadman
Dr. Double X
Dr. Occult

Ego
Fighting American
Firestorm

Gemini (Zodiac) 

Infinite Man

Overmind

Piccolo(DragonBall Z) 

Rebis

Starchild(Peter Wrexham) 
Starhawk

Vanguard

Ultra the Multi-Alien

I'll also be creating a list of characters who split into multiple bodies. That list is here

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"As far as Rick and Mar-vell, IIRC they switched bodies, going back and forth in the Negative Zone."

Yes, they switched bodies, but Rick could communicate with Mar-Vell telepathically, depicted as a floating head in much the same way Prof. Stein communicated with Ronnie Raymond. 

Simon &  Kirby's Fighting American was a crippled man's mind transferred into his dead brother's body. 

Randy Jackson said:

I've always found it debatable about Captain Marvel. Does he switch places with Billy? Is he an older version of Billy? Is he Billy with an older body? There's evidence from the Golden Age that they do merge (Billy asks Captain Marvel for help with a college admissions test). 

There's also evidence that they don't (Billy and Captain Marvel try to figure out what the other wants for Christmas). We chew on this question a bit in the thread "Shazam! the movie," starting here.

While I wouldn't include the original Negative Man, I had forgotten about Rebis, who was the merging of Larry Trainor and his therapist IIRC. 

How do we handle characters with “split personalities”?  

Rose and Thorn

Menthor

Two-Face, perhaps

and I have no idea what is currently canon regarding Bruce Banner and Hulk

The original Gemini of Zodiac.  He was the merger of Joshua and Damian Link.  

Ultra the Multi-Alien is some sort of weird subset of “merged” characters - the merger of “ray gun blasts.”

I guess the biggie of merged “superpowers” would have to be Composite Superman.

There are some stories where two characters are merged temporarily.

I don't think I should count those since they were definitely intended to be temporary.

I've added Gemini and Ultra. 

Dave Palmer said:

Unless the split personalities are a result of two or more physical beings merging, I wouldn't count them. 

Dave Palmer said:

How do we handle characters with “split personalities”?  

Rose and Thorn

Menthor

Two-Face, perhaps

and I have no idea what is currently canon regarding Bruce Banner and Hulk

So, no Amalgam Universe characters?

Randy Jackson said:

I don't think I should count those since they were definitely intended to be temporary.

I've added Gemini and Ultra. 

Dave Palmer said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"When I was a kid, my parents would take trips to Canada to visit friends of theirs, and would bring…"
23 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A Golden Age robot and, apparently,a "Golden Universe.""
1 hour ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Spider slayer mark 1"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Looking at the stripes on the Schulz Museum site, I asked myself how I missed Crankshaft. I was…"
6 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"This one gave me a real kick. I'm adding the strip to my King Features favorites."
6 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"It was the '70s. Back then, female police officers wore skirts (albeit not miniskirts) as…"
7 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"It was the '70s. Back then, female police officers wore skirts (albeit not miniskirts) as part…"
8 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"Lady Cop sounds like something a bunch of 50 year old guys would have come up with in the…"
9 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"METAMORPHO: I never saw him as a comedic character, having never read most of his Silver Age run.…"
9 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Well, this time there WAS a place to see the entire collection, at the Charles M. Schulz Museum…"
11 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
""...to be fair if this had been 'Dude Cop'? My interest level would have been the…"
11 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion Stargirl (now on Season 3!)
""I commented elsewhere that Starman is thoroughly unlikeable (and yes, Joe McHale is perfect…"
11 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service