So after many years of gentle and not so gentle prodding I have finally started watching Doctor Who.  In the past I have seen snippets of the new series, and generally walked away muttering “…alright …that was odd…don’t see much point in that.” However my friends BatMatt and Doc kept suggesting I try it (much the same way we kept suggesting Rich try watching Firefly…) and since I share a lot of tastes in
common when it comes to TV shows and comics a few months ago I relented and let Doc know that I had come to terms with fact that someday I would eventually ended up watching some Doctor Who but needed to know where to start.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when my father had me open a Netflix account so we could figure out why Netflix streaming wasn’t working for him (no streaming outside the 50 states and DC…you lose out if you live in a Commonwealth of the US it turns out…bummer).  Since I had started the clock on my 2 week trial I figured I might as well take advantage of it once we were back in Rochester.

So early last week I started out watching Season 1 of the New Doctor Who series, starring Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. The first 13 episodes are available via Netflix streaming, and I have watched 12.

If you haven’t watched the series yet…you might as well stop reading unless you want to be spoiled as to how I reacted…

Views: 1961

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When he makes his official first appearance as the Doctor, he'll be less than 4 months younger than William Hartnell was when the show premiered. When his first episode airs, he may well be older than Hartnell was.

A fewpics please? Yes,yepper,I know,not as the Doctor-Just,say,some contemorary-modern times pics of him perhaps both in costume aas himself.

Take It Easy                  Poppa Lou

That's what google images is for...

Some are not well-practiced in the art of google fu.

Slightly less contemporary...

Even less contemporary

Actually, a scowling Scottish Cavalier would be quite a marvelous departure for the Doctor.

He was lead singer of Dreamboys, whose drummer was Craig Ferguson.

Is that some kind of code?  :-)

Heh, no.

My thoughts exactly!

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

He's older than we are! Yay!

Ferguson must be gioing crazy right now.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

He was lead singer of Dreamboys, whose drummer was Craig Ferguson.

Figserello said:

Is that some kind of code?  :-)

On the off chance that you're not familiar with him, Ferguson is a little Scotsman who has a talk show that's on very late at night on CBS. He's a huge Doctor Who fan, having had a number of the program's stars on the show  - Smith, Gillan and Kingston, that I know of - over the years.  I suspect he may be better known in the US than he is in the rest of the Anglosphere.

Thank you toall.

- PL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service