So after many years of gentle and not so gentle prodding I have finally started watching Doctor Who.  In the past I have seen snippets of the new series, and generally walked away muttering “…alright …that was odd…don’t see much point in that.” However my friends BatMatt and Doc kept suggesting I try it (much the same way we kept suggesting Rich try watching Firefly…) and since I share a lot of tastes in
common when it comes to TV shows and comics a few months ago I relented and let Doc know that I had come to terms with fact that someday I would eventually ended up watching some Doctor Who but needed to know where to start.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when my father had me open a Netflix account so we could figure out why Netflix streaming wasn’t working for him (no streaming outside the 50 states and DC…you lose out if you live in a Commonwealth of the US it turns out…bummer).  Since I had started the clock on my 2 week trial I figured I might as well take advantage of it once we were back in Rochester.

So early last week I started out watching Season 1 of the New Doctor Who series, starring Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. The first 13 episodes are available via Netflix streaming, and I have watched 12.

If you haven’t watched the series yet…you might as well stop reading unless you want to be spoiled as to how I reacted…

Views: 2460

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Baron said:
I often wonder what folks who have little or no awareness of the old show make of scenes like the ones in "The Next Doctor" or "The Eleventh Hour", where we see the faces of the pre-Eccleston Doctors.

Pretty much like the rest of us did in "Brain of Morbius", I imagine.
Very cool! I will be forwarding this link to my Doctor Who protégé (yes, I do have one).

Speaking of Doctor Who music, the sountrack of the specials was supposed to have been released this past Tuesday.
Jeff of Earth-J said:
Very cool! I will be forwarding this link to my Doctor Who protégé (yes, I do have one).

Speaking of Doctor Who music, the sountrack of the specials was supposed to have been released this past Tuesday.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was a delay on that.
From the Doctor Who News Page: "Silva Screen have delayed the release of Doctor Who - The Specials, the latest in the line of music from the television series, by two weeks, giving a new release date of Monday 4th October."
Ah, thanks! I did go to B&N this weekend. didn't see it but didn't ask, either.

The Baron said:
Thanks for sharing that, Baron.
I had to disable my Flash Player to get this site to work. :(

Jeff of Earth-J said:
I had to disable my Flash Player to get this site to work. :(

That's right, I forgot about that. Sorry.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service