So after many years of gentle and not so gentle prodding I have finally started watching Doctor Who.  In the past I have seen snippets of the new series, and generally walked away muttering “…alright …that was odd…don’t see much point in that.” However my friends BatMatt and Doc kept suggesting I try it (much the same way we kept suggesting Rich try watching Firefly…) and since I share a lot of tastes in
common when it comes to TV shows and comics a few months ago I relented and let Doc know that I had come to terms with fact that someday I would eventually ended up watching some Doctor Who but needed to know where to start.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when my father had me open a Netflix account so we could figure out why Netflix streaming wasn’t working for him (no streaming outside the 50 states and DC…you lose out if you live in a Commonwealth of the US it turns out…bummer).  Since I had started the clock on my 2 week trial I figured I might as well take advantage of it once we were back in Rochester.

So early last week I started out watching Season 1 of the New Doctor Who series, starring Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. The first 13 episodes are available via Netflix streaming, and I have watched 12.

If you haven’t watched the series yet…you might as well stop reading unless you want to be spoiled as to how I reacted…

Views: 2678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When he makes his official first appearance as the Doctor, he'll be less than 4 months younger than William Hartnell was when the show premiered. When his first episode airs, he may well be older than Hartnell was.

A fewpics please? Yes,yepper,I know,not as the Doctor-Just,say,some contemorary-modern times pics of him perhaps both in costume aas himself.

Take It Easy                  Poppa Lou

That's what google images is for...

Some are not well-practiced in the art of google fu.

Slightly less contemporary...

Even less contemporary

Actually, a scowling Scottish Cavalier would be quite a marvelous departure for the Doctor.

He was lead singer of Dreamboys, whose drummer was Craig Ferguson.

Is that some kind of code?  :-)

Heh, no.

My thoughts exactly!

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

He's older than we are! Yay!

Ferguson must be gioing crazy right now.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

He was lead singer of Dreamboys, whose drummer was Craig Ferguson.

Figserello said:

Is that some kind of code?  :-)

On the off chance that you're not familiar with him, Ferguson is a little Scotsman who has a talk show that's on very late at night on CBS. He's a huge Doctor Who fan, having had a number of the program's stars on the show  - Smith, Gillan and Kingston, that I know of - over the years.  I suspect he may be better known in the US than he is in the rest of the Anglosphere.

Thank you toall.

- PL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""Without trying to research this, I assume that this tribe is fictional." The tribe is…"
4 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"One of the things I found interesting here was Alec's seeming indifference to the chaos going…"
5 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"Ahh, so that’s what it means. Danke."
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #40: Menstruation. It's not a common topic for a mainstream comic book, not in the…"
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"That's "revved up like a deuce," ya know, as in "Little Deuce Coupe": And…"
5 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The GCD agrees with you, Clark. And I'd just like to add that, though I've been sitting…"
6 hours ago
Dennis Summers replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"I am completely looking forward to the Phantom Stranger Omnibus for all the same reasons as the…"
7 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"If I didn't say it, I definitely do want the Phantom Stranger Omnibus. I've actually got…"
7 hours ago
The Baron replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"That's what it's always sounded like to me. "
8 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"I doubt I'm alone in not understanding the "wrapped up like a deuce" line in…"
8 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I put the last six FCBD "green" titles on the FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2022 thread, which is…"
8 hours ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"Ha! That actually came up in an episode of King of Queens. Doug insists that it is "Reverend…"
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service