Jan. 31, 2012 -- The Associated Press released a photo today of the cover to the WatchmenTPB with the following information:

"In this image released by DC Entertainment, the cover of "Watchmen," a graphic novel, is shown. DC Entertainment is launching seven miniseries this summer that will focus on the characters made famous by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons in their 1986-987 12-issue maxi-series "Watchmen," which has gone on to become one of DC's best-selling graphic novels. (AP Photo/DC Entertainment)"

The Associated Press wire service has no stories attached to this photo as of 5:15 EST. I'll post more when I know more.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Boom.

Bring on Untold Tales of the Black Freighter!!!

• They went there...
  • DC Entertainment is launching seven miniseries this summer

Seven? Really, seven? Why not one good one? Seems a bit overkill, especially with something this contriversial.

• I don't accept the view that Watchmen is so sacred that there shouldn't be any spinoffs or sequels.

It's all in the execution for me.

• I agree. I'm not opposed to a spinoff. Seven seems a bit much all at once. If I was DC I'd tread lightly since so many people think it's sacred. If they planned to launch seven over a year, it'd be one thing. But from the release above it looks like we get seven all at once.

ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't accept the view that Watchmen is so sacred that there shouldn't be any spinoffs or sequels.

It's all in the execution for me.

• It's not a release! It's a scoop! (I'm guessing there was an embargo, but nobody told the photo editor.)

• Bleeding Cool has a headline: "DC COMICS TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING BIG TOMORROW."

So yeah, great scoop!!!

• So the story as presented above was sent to you as a normal Associated Press release?

From a quick google, I think you might have published ahead of the other comics sites, Cap.

If it's not confidential information, to what extent do you sift through the press releases you are sent and decide what to publish here?  What proportion do you publish of what you're sent?

• There was no press release or story. The info was attached to a photo, which some photo editor sent out. 

• My view: Leave well enough alone.  Everyone that has attempted to do anything with this has failed.  Such will be the end of this. 

This reply was deleted.