Jan. 31, 2012 -- The Associated Press released a photo today of the cover to the WatchmenTPB with the following information:

"In this image released by DC Entertainment, the cover of "Watchmen," a graphic novel, is shown. DC Entertainment is launching seven miniseries this summer that will focus on the characters made famous by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons in their 1986-987 12-issue maxi-series "Watchmen," which has gone on to become one of DC's best-selling graphic novels. (AP Photo/DC Entertainment)"

The Associated Press wire service has no stories attached to this photo as of 5:15 EST. I'll post more when I know more.

Views: 1091

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMHO, the Scott Pilgrim movie was awesome and captured practically everything that made the comic great. 

CBR has some comments from Alan Moore on the project and a new piece of art by Darwyn Cooke for his Minutemen series.

Wait, when is the Johnny Depp Captain Crunch movie comng out?

Sorry Alan, now I'm intrigued by Minutemen!

Still we can consider Watchmen a finite series simply by regarding Beyond Watchmen as an alternate reality, one does not have to effect the other. A favorite book of mine is Doctor Jeckyll and Mister Holmes. I enjoyed it without linking in to Victorian Undead or, let's see, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen! Each work is seperate and should be judged by their own merits.

Philip Portelli said:

Sorry Alan, now I'm intrigued by Minutemen!

Still we can consider Watchmen a finite series simply by regarding Beyond Watchmen as an alternate reality, one does not have to effect the other. A favorite book of mine is Doctor Jeckyll and Mister Holmes. I enjoyed it without linking in to Victorian Undead or, let's see, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen! Each work is seperate and should be judged by their own merits.

That is an excellent philosophy, IMHO.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service