Music? What song? By whom?

Podcasts? Which ones? Who's on it?

The whir of your hard drive while you defrag?

Whatever you're listening to, share it with the Legion of Superfluous Heroes!

Views: 6545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...Rudy Vallee's original?? 1930s recording of " P.S. I Love You " - with a verse !

...Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five , " Superappin' " ~ Their 1979 debut , complete with an earlier version of the " A child is born with no state of mind..." dark story later repeated on their classic " The Message " .

This came just after Newcleus' " Jam On It " ~ with its classic " Superman came to our block..." verse :-) ! " We rocked his butt with a twelve inch cut called ' Disco Kryptonite ' ! " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

...Baby Huey ~ " The Baby Huey Story " album - The Chicagoian soul'n'funk'n rock'n'proto-hip hopper from the Sixties' only album . The instrumental " Listen To Me " , written by " Huey " himself (James Ramey) finished a vocal version of Sam Cooke's " A Change Is Gonna Come " followed . (He sang the title " properly " , as just that spelling phoenetically rather than " A change 'gonna come " :-) !)

MSA , though you'dve been teenage when he died , know anything about him , or do any other among Chicagolanders and Hoosiers here ???

"Me and the Devil Blues" by Robert Johnson

"Sweet Dream Baby" by Graham Parsons & the Flying Burrito Brothers

"Telephone Line" by ELO

...Different versions of 1930s song " The Girlfriend Of The Whirling Dervish " , starting with the Muppets , continuing to John Payne (assuming he wasn't dubbed) & others' original?? from 1930s movie , then Martin Denny to be followed by the Hoosier Hotshots .

Could such " joky parodies/references to'  other ' ethnicities " be performed/played to-day ????? Could differ , I suppose . " Manana " " My Mammy " " Please , Mr. Custer " (Hoagy Carmichael co-written) " Doctor , Lawyer , Indian Chief " " Kung Fu Fighting " " Running Bear "(#1 the week I was born !) " Ahab The Arab " ? SHOULD they ? Discuss .

Smokestack Lightnin' by Howlin' Wolf

Catfish Blues by Skip James, continuing my recent overall blues obsession

...Something called " Breakestra , The Live Mix " , by Breakestra I suppose...A mix of 1970s soul/ and funk , I don't recognize the artists generally but I think it may have been Sly and the Family Stone just now or now...I don't know if or how Breeakestra (I assume a DJ) changed these old records any...

"News for My Baby" by T-Bone Walker

"Holiday in Spain" by Counting Crows

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service