Music? What song? By whom?

Podcasts? Which ones? Who's on it?

The whir of your hard drive while you defrag?

Whatever you're listening to, share it with the Legion of Superfluous Heroes!

Views: 5757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best of Bee Gees  (Volume 2). This collection covers their early Seventies work. Other than the major hits Lonely Days, How Do You Mend A Broken Heart and Run To Me, I hadn't heard most of these songs before. Overall quite good.

I've been listening to Threads, Cheryl Crow's last album (not just her latest but supposedly her last).
Every cut is a collaboration. Guest artists include, Eric Clapton, Sting, Keith Richards, Willie Nelson, Johnny cash and others. I never thought I'd ever hear a cover version of George Harrison's "Beware of Darkness," but that's one of the somgs she chose to include.

When I was Done Dying by Dan Deacon.  Heard it at the end of Dark - Episode 9, Season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZqUprA6bKE

Half Price Books had ther annual clearance sale this past weekend. I went twice. Vinyl LPs were ony a buck apiece, even sets of 8-10 discs were $1. On Saturday, I bought several Reader's Digest sets. these sets were bought by people who read Reader's Digest*, either for themselves or as gifts. Most of them were listened to maybe once, if that. Some of the music is extremely cheesy. when I saw how many records I got for how little money, I went back on Sunday and bought practically every set I could find, except those I had absolutely no interest in whatsoever. I don't even know everything I bought. I'll be listening to these for months to come (taking Joe Biden's advice, listening to the :phonograph" every night). I ended up with hundreds of vinyl albums for mere dozens of paper dollars.

I also got some great book and DVD deals.

*Full disclosure: my family read Reader's Digest.

I don’t make it to record stores (or stores that sell records) all that often these days, so when I do, I tend to buy several. Over the weekend I bought…

STEVE MILLER BAND: “Selections from the Vault”

RINGO STARR: “What’s My Name”

HARRY CONNICK, JR.: “True Love: A Celebration of Cole Porter”

THE BEATLES: 2-CD anniversary edition of “Abbey Road”*

*Like the recent re-releases of “Sgt. Pepper,” the White Album and John Lennon’s “Imagine,” it features the original album remastered plus alternate demos and rehearsal takes of all the original songs in album order.

While it's still a little too early to begin listening to Christmas music, I have already made this year's selection: Chigago's third (or fourth, depending on how you count) album of Christmas music.

It's mostly secular, with a few surprises, one of them being Burt Bacharach's "What the World Needs Now is Love Sweet Love. (That's the kind of song I used to make fun of while listening to Chicago.)

Tracy bought a good one, too: a two-Cd set of Christmas music from the 1950s, most of which I don't have.

The acapella group Pentatonix.

Here's their version of Bohemian Rhapsody

WHO (2019):

Back in 2006, I never expected the Who, with only two surviving members, to release a new album. (I remember discussing it here.) I certainly never expected another new album which was released last Friday. I’m not going to go into a track-by-track analysis (you’re welcome), but it sounds like classic Who. If you like The Who, you should give it a listen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service