Criminal Minds: "Amplification"

Views: 11378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and Vernon Dent or Emil Sitka as Ben?

I was thinking Ted Healy, but yeah. 

(Vernon Dent more so than Emil Sitka, though.)

JD DeLuzio said:

-Since they've basically dropped that Doomsday will be the Big Bad this season, I think the season will end with Clark/Kal's "death" and next season will play out the CW version of the Death and Return of Superman. They've already set up a potential Reign of the Superman, with Irons already a character, a version of Superboy in the wings, the Eradicator probably still in existence in some form, and a military project creating its own super-people.

Their writing is generally good, but I wasn't crazy about Morgan Edge turning out to be Kal's evil half-brother. Having seen the crappy DC Universe movie featuring Doomsday and the better Death of Superman animated two-parter, I think The Death of Superman has been done - - - - to death. I'd prefer an enemy who can think and talk and with non-Kryptonian powers (like The Flash needing enemies that aren't speedsters).

PS: The Eva McCulloch/Mirror Monarch storyline and the Psych storyline were much better than the countless speedster enemies in The Flash.

I'd prefer a more original enemy, too-- or even an unoriginal comic book one who isn't just another super-strong character. But that doesn't mean the CW isn't going to just retread the same old material with whatever CW twists they want to add. Maybe Doomsday will post on Tik Tok. Meanwhile, it's too early to tell about my first two predictions, but:

SPOILERS!

3. It turns out Sarah was feeling guilty over a same-sex kiss with a girl at summer camp... Her burgeoning friendship with Natalie is so far ambiguously handled, but they've only just met, so.... I think that prediction is looking plausible.

4. Duh! Lana is the candidate! That makes so much more sense, and gives her character something to do, especially now that her husband has given up drinking.

Also-- the cult in Lucy Lane's past feels creepily like Allison Mack's history with NXIVM, toned down for family viewing.

Richard Willis said:

JD DeLuzio said:

-Since they've basically dropped that Doomsday will be the Big Bad this season, I think the season will end with Clark/Kal's "death" and next season will play out the CW version of the Death and Return of Superman. They've already set up a potential Reign of the Superman, with Irons already a character, a version of Superboy in the wings, the Eradicator probably still in existence in some form, and a military project creating its own super-people.

Their writing is generally good, but I wasn't crazy about Morgan Edge turning out to be Kal's evil half-brother. Having seen the crappy DC Universe movie featuring Doomsday and the better Death of Superman animated two-parter, I think The Death of Superman has been done - - - - to death. I'd prefer an enemy who can think and talk and with non-Kryptonian powers (like The Flash needing enemies that aren't speedsters).

RESIDENT ALIEN:

I missed the "call-back" to season one and am still having trouble getting SyFy to stream so i had to wait for them to rebroadcast it again. I recorded all of season one yesterday and started re-watching it tonight, so we should be all caught up by the time season two starts. 

Richard Willis said:

Season 2 is scheduled to begin on January 26, so you still have time. They just had a call-back to season one, not a new episode.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

We had intended to re-watch season one of Resident Alien before the start of season two, but we've been having some trouble accessing SyFy.

Richard Willis said:

Amen to that, brother.

Hmmm... I seem to have fallen for deliberate misdirection. I'll sum it up with some posts from elsewhere (starting Monday):

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"On a long airplane ride, I caught a movie I somehow failed to make it to the theaters to see on the…"
15 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"An old-time fairground/carnival/midway attraction takes an unexpected turn:"
1 hour ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"Oh, and then there's "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," because I was in kindergarten…"
1 hour ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Marvel Comics in November 2022
"MOVIES, ETC. ALIEN #3 PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • JULIUS OHTA (A) • Cover by BJÖRN…"
5 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Marvel Comics in November 2022
"INDIVIDUAL TITLES ADAM WARLOCK OMNIBUS HC KANE COVER ADAM WARLOCK OMNIBUS HC STARLIN COVER [DM…"
5 hours ago
Captain Comics posted discussions
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Marvel Fanfare
"I love Brent Anderson's art. When you said this was a wrap-around cover, GCD doesn't have…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #139: Swamp thing has apparently withdrawn into himself again after the loss of Abby…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #138: An all-out battle erupts. I'm not sure when Sunderland's head became…"
9 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman - "Season of Mists"
"Makes sense that Peter David would remember his own pun. I, however, did not, even having read that…"
9 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Archie in November 2022: Wouldja believe: Bob Phantom?
""Can everyone manage to avoid Jinx’s wave of unfortunate events, or will they all end up…"
10 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
10 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service