Hypothetically, there's someone who's never read a comic book in their lives. They approach you and ask for a recommendation for  Spider-Man story. What single isdue/story would you recommend?

I spent a lot of time tossing this one around in my head. As good as his origin is, I don't really think the tone is the best for a new reader. I love the Master Planner Saga, but once again I don't think the tone is quite right. After deliberating for a while, I settled on the Stone Tablet Saga from Amazing Spider-Man #68-75.

I chose this particular run because I feel it showcases much of what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man. He uses his powers, he uses his brain, he's hot good villains to fight, plus there's just enough of the melodrama we're all used to(the great art by John Romita helps a lot too).

There are no right answers. However, please talk about why you're choosing the story. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• SINGLE ISSUE: Spectacular Spider-Man (1968) #2

STORYLINE: "The Stone Tablet Saga" (but I would say #68-77).

REASONS: Same as yours.

• As soon as you said the Stone Tablet Saga I knew that it was my choice, too, particularly when Silvermane comes in (#73). through #77*. 

*and whoever had the idea to bring Silvermane back later should have had their head examined.

This reply was deleted.