This afternoon I read #1, and it wasn't bad.

It wasn't disappointing, but it was somewhat confusing. First off, there was an understandably great fraction of the comic represented by the Hulking and Wiccan's fight/make-up over Hulkling's "sneaking out" to fight crime.

There were some serious crazy cuts that left out a lot of material. Such as Hulkling's mother suddenly appearing and then...well, you don't want to know. We got to see some Kate (girl Hawkeye) and Loki get some air time.

Still, it was kind of cool that this was written by Kieron Gillen and drawn by Jamie McKelvie.

I will be back next month. Or week, however Marvel is running this sucker.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie are definitely going a little sideways with this title, but I really liked the second issue as well. I like how they're using Li'l Loki. Is anyone else reading this?

• I was less impressed than I expected to be with issue 1 — I loved the scene with Noh-Varr and Kate listening to music (The Ronettes, IIRC?), but a lot of it felt too much like putting pieces in place...which, to be fair, it was.

Don't get me wrong: I had no doubt that Gillen and McKelvie would bring this title to every bit the awesomeness I'm expecting, but the first issue just wasn't there yet.

Issue 2 was much closer to my expectations. Just the scene of Loki rescuing Billy and Teddy made the issue. And the bit where Loki calls out Wiccan on his name was particularly amusing.

Still, between this, Hawkeye, Journey Into Mystery, Captain Marvel, and Avengers Arena (yeah, I said it), Marvel is doing some great off-the-radar books right now.

• I was thinking the end of the first issue reminded me a bit of the second Terminator movie.

• Alan M. said:

Still, between this, Hawkeye, Journey Into Mystery, Captain Marvel, and Avengers Arena (yeah, I said it), Marvel is doing some great off-the-radar books right now.

I'm liking Avengers Arena quite a bit also. I didn't expect to, because I largely dislike teenagers as a whole.

• Kirk G said:

I was thinking the end of the first issue reminded me a bit of the second Terminator movie.

Ha, I hadn't thought of that! You're right.

This reply was deleted.